Flip flop/sandal question

bosmom

Hello, I greatly appreciate all of the advice that I have gotten from the threads here. We are about 3 weeks out from our cruise and I am a bit overwhelmed. I think I may answer my own question in a convoluted way, but would love confirmation. My go to sandals in the summer are black leather flip-flop style. I would never wear them to the beach or a pool. If I understand the footwear requirements correctly, it is the rubber flip flops that are not allowed in dining venues, so these would be ok? Thank you in advance.

i have several colors of the Old Navy flip flops that have the leathery straps (not the rubber flops). that's all i pack other than sneakers, and ive worn them in every dining venue without problem.

Me too, I worn my Old Navy flip flop to the main dining room as well as to the Garden Cafe when I cruised on the NCL Breakaway. None of their staffs said anything to me.

I believe men have to wear closed toe shoes for the Le Bistro restaurant, our experience last year on getaway and on previous Jewell Class Ships.

As le Bistro is as close as NCL gets to formality while dining that is not surprising.

Crocs- are you serious? I rate them as lower than flip flops/thongs. Never to even be seen out in public! [emoji13]

[emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I am a diabetic. I need to wear socks 24/7. I also need more room for my toes than most people. I do not recognize your membership in the shoe police.

Crocs- are you serious? I rate them as lower than flip flops/thongs. Never to even be seen out in public! [emoji13]

[emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Not all Crocs are created equal. I've got some that are quite dressy and look nothing like the original design.

Not all Crocs are created equal. I've got some that are quite dressy and look nothing like the original design.

i have two pairs that are basically casual flats. Many think that the only crocs out there are the original style. which are hideous and id never own.

• 7 months later...
I had to have a toe nail pulled out 2 days before getting on the star, all I could wear were flip flops and I had no issue in any restaurant including le bistro and cagneys

Sent from my iPad using Forums

But I imagine the other diners rapidly lost their appetite

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The only time anyone mentioned my footwear was in the Garden Café. One of the crew looked at my dress and then my keds sneakers and said sneakers with a dress? I was unsure what to say except next time I would say yes, sneakers with a dress. I am deathly afraid of falling and between a moving ship, polished floors and the possibility of slipping on spilled food I opt for safety.They were black canvas with black shoelaces and black soles so unless someone was really looking they could have been black shoes.