Royal ships with an actual nightclub?

Trying to find a list of ships on royal that has an actual nightclub on them. I know alot of them were removed. I know there is the Viking lounge but that's not a club. Anyone who knows would be greatly appreciated

Trying to find a list of ships on royal that has an actual nightclub on them. I know alot of them were removed. I know there is the Viking lounge but that's not a club. Anyone who knows would be greatly appreciated

Then you are going to have to define your sense of an "actual night club".

Guessing the OP is referring to the two-deck Crypt (and alternate names) on Voyager / Freedom class ships. Not sure how many are left, might only be Mariner, and I'll bet that gets re-purposed before she starts her runs from Miami.

Looks like it's still on Indy too.

Like as in how allure has Blaze and there used to be crypt on some ships. Carnival has a nightclub. Norwegian has Bliss. A club for dancing

Why does it have to be a unique room? On some ships, yes, the Viking Crown Lounge becomes the "night club".........at night.

Majesty has the Spectrum on Deck 8, but it has many daytime uses.

Vision class have lounges named for Broadway classic shows/songs, that are sometimes used for dancing at night, but also are multipurpose.

Radiance class ships have an area of their Viking Crown Lounges that have a "name" but no distinct separation from the VCL that are "night clubs" at night.

Quantum class ships have the Music Hall.

Several ships have a Boleros with music and dancing.

Even Blaze is used for various activities besides as a night club. And the Oasis class ships also have Dazzles.

Why does it have to be a unique room? On some ships, yes, the Viking Crown Lounge becomes the "night club".........at night.

Majesty has the Spectrum on Deck 8, but it has many daytime uses.

Vision class have lounges named for Broadway classic shows/songs, that are sometimes used for dancing at night, but also are multipurpose.

Radiance class ships have an area of their Viking Crown Lounges that have a "name" but no distinct separation from the VCL that are "night clubs" at night.

Quantum class ships have the Music Hall.

Several ships have a Boleros with music and dancing.

Even Blaze is used for various activities besides as a night club. And the Oasis class ships also have Dazzles.

Back in the day, all of the public rooms were named for Broadway shows.

The Sovereign had the Kismet and Gigi Dining Rooms, Follies Theater, The Music Man Lounge, Finian's Rainbow Lounge and the Anything Goes Night Club.

This is one area where Carnival blows RCCL away-and I've been on about 12 cruises on both lines. I never liked the Crypt concept either because it was segmented, multi-level.

So I'm glad you understand. Something about a packed cruise club at 12 am. Carnival ships do pick there clubs. But, I'm going on allure in 2 weeks and I hear it's amazing

So I'm glad you understand. Something about a packed cruise club at 12 am. Carnival ships do pick there clubs. But, I'm going on allure in 2 weeks and I hear it's amazing

Then you will have your choice of Blaze or Dazzles. (and Boleros if you like Latin music)

Because of being designed better for its purpose. Rather than just using a regular lounge.

The nightclubs on Voyager class e.g. Vault were awesome. Great atmosphere and great sound and vision, just like a regular nightclub.

Comparing to the lounge is like chalk and cheese. It's like going to a lounge with a dance floor instead - very different vibe.

You may as well say why bother with 270 on Quantum - why not just use a lounge and a few screens instead. Of course you could - but the experience would be nowhere near as good.

Indy still has the two tier Labyrinth night club. But the ship is due for dry dock next year so that may change

I would agree, they have not kept that night club on any Voyager/Freedom class ship that's had a recent dry dock. More revenue space.

Likely the two-tiered spaces on Voyager/Freedom (i.e.Dragon's Liar on Mariner) are closer to what the OP is looking for since these spaces have/had an actual dance floor and were not used except as a dance club. My understanding was that this space on Mariner which was by far my favorite night spot on my two cruises on her was "re-purposed" when she was re-outfitted for the Asian market. I distinctly remember that disappointment from that time :(

Disappointing that they removed them. Unfortunately the ones I knew are gone now.

I'm very disappointed as well. Hardcore dancing and partying is always fun on a cruise at our age. (60). Can't really do that at home since everyone else would be in their 20s.

We were on IOS for New Years and they had one. We danced until about 3:30 am then got pizza and crawled into bed around 5:00 am!! One of the best times ever and best NYE ever. Actual nightclubs are extremely fun!! Did not realize they don't have them on all ships!! This was only our second cruise ever!!

I have only sailed on Anthem, no other Royal ship. They have a venue called the Music Hall. It's two stories and I would consider it a night club. It's very dark and kind of goth, skulls used in the decor, dark red and black everywhere, big dance floor and it was very busy every night. They had live bands some nights. Very clubby atmosphere.

When I sailed on Grandeur a few years ago the Viking Crown Lounge (or whatever it's called now!) doubled up as the night club. I thought it worked really well. I don't feel the Labyrinth on Indy works as well with the split levels

• 2 weeks later...
I have only sailed on Anthem, no other Royal ship. They have a venue called the Music Hall. It's two stories and I would consider it a night club. It's very dark and kind of goth, skulls used in the decor, dark red and black everywhere, big dance floor and it was very busy every night. They had live bands some nights. Very clubby atmosphere.

Thank you. I'm gonna board the Allure in a week but I'm planning my next cruise in 2018. I just want a place to have fun till late at in morning .

One of my least cruises was on Carnival paradise, where the entire boat shut down at 130. Want to drink with your loved one, nope. I really do not want that. If you tell me a ship that stays open late I'm there.

I'm really new to royal. I have 8 carnival cruises but it's just not making me happy. It's really gone downhill.

Thank you. I'm gonna board the Allure in a week but I'm planning my next cruise in 2018. I just want a place to have fun till late at in morning .

One of my least cruises was on Carnival paradise, where the entire boat shut down at 130. Want to drink with your loved one, nope. I really do not want that. If you tell me a ship that stays open late I'm there.

I'm really new to royal. I have 8 carnival cruises but it's just not making me happy. It's really gone downhill.

The amount of late night action on the Allure really depends on who is on board that week. Some weeks have lots of younger passengers, and some don't.

Good luck! :)

I loved the Raven on the Independence. However, I can understand why they are doing away with it. It seems that Royal Caribbean and other cruise lines are trying to have space that "makes money" or somehow. During the day, that two story public area is useless. Its not conducive for anything else BUT a night club, and since those are only usable 4-6 hours a night as a night club, the other times, is wasted.

The music hall on the Anthem is especially interesting because they reuse that as a concert hall, dance hall, lounge, meeting place. I think that's what they want to do with the public space. Turn it into a multi-use space for the entire cruise. Even Boleros, with that stage, can be retooled and re-purposed into say a karaoke bar (which i think they did) when latin music wasn't playing.

I am a night owl and love a good late night crowd. But as Carol said - it depends on the crowd for your sailing. I've spent many a night in the dedicated night club spaces that are being re-purposed where hardly anyone was there. And I've spent many a night in a Viking Crown lounge (or some other multi use space) that's packed with people dancing the night away to the wee hours. Personally, I don't think the "space" has much to do with it. They have some wonderful deck parties where they turn the Solarium into a great outdoor club, too. I remember Allure being hit or miss the week I was on her.

I am a night owl and love a good late night crowd. But as Carol said - it depends on the crowd for your sailing. I've spent many a night in the dedicated night club spaces that are being re-purposed where hardly anyone was there. And I've spent many a night in a Viking Crown lounge (or some other multi use space) that's packed with people dancing the night away to the wee hours. Personally, I don't think the "space" has much to do with it. They have some wonderful deck parties where they turn the Solarium into a great outdoor club, too. I remember Allure being hit or miss the week I was on her.

Any recommendations on another good night life ship for next year?

Any recommendations on another good night life ship for next year?

Hopefully Tim (Yorkvillain) will see this and comment. He has made sort of a study of the nightlife on various ships.