re meat pies

We've got Football, Meat Pies Kangaroo's and Holden Cars.Do you remember this little ditty?Now we just have Imported cars, it doesn't rhyme when you replace the old Holden. But we still have a "Dogs eye and Dead horse" at the Footy!!!

Yep not much manufacturing now. To a large degree priced ourselves out of the market.

We've got Football, Meat Pies Kangaroo's and Holden Cars.Do you remember this little ditty?Now we just have Imported cars, it doesn't rhyme when you replace the old Holden. But we still have a "Dogs eye and Dead horse" at the Footy!!!
Especially if the footy is a Aussie Rugby league test .

No more car manufacturing in Australia, all gone to Gowings.:( More like 'Shot through like a Bondi Tram' to Thailand, Japan, Korea and god only knows where else.

'Fair suck pf the sav' give us our car industry back !!!!

Ooo Roo.

DW& I are in Sydney in preparation to sail on Monday. We went into the CBD today to meet my sister and BIL as they returned from their first ever cruise. Anyway, thanks to this thread, before returning to our digs in the suburbs tonight, we would out Harry's Cafe de Wheels in Ultimo. DW had a curried chicken pie while I had a beef Tiger. We were not disappointed.

No more car manufacturing in Australia, all gone to Gowings.:( More like 'Shot through like a Bondi Tram' to Thailand, Japan, Korea and god only knows where else.

'Fair suck pf the sav' give us our car industry back !!!!

Ooo Roo.

Your starting to sound like a former Prime Minister, what ever happened to Kevin 07? To rejuvenate the Thread went to Coles and observed they have a range of Missus Mac's Microwave Pies on special, thought you might like this info Uncle Les.clear.png?emoji-winktongue-1704

Your starting to sound like a former Prime Minister, what ever happened to Kevin 07? To rejuvenate the Thread went to Coles and observed they have a range of Missus Mac's Microwave Pies on special, thought you might like this info Uncle Les.;p

Kevin 747, is probably away cruising a lot, spending his big pollie pension. Don't know why they named him Kevin 747, he generally flew on the PM's retro fitted Boeing 737, as they do currently, so he should be Kevin 737.

Anyway mate, I do hope you purchased a truckload of Mrs Mac pies from Coles, keep you going until Chrissie. I still have the odd Mrs Macs GF pie but at $5 a pie, not often. The GF pastry is a bit hard on the choppers too, I need a steak knife to cut them, fair dinkum.:halo:

Kevin 747, is probably away cruising a lot, spending his big pollie pension. Don't know why they named him Kevin 747, he generally flew on the PM's retro fitted Boeing 737, as they do currently, so he should be Kevin 737.

Anyway mate, I do hope you purchased a truckload of Mrs Mac pies from Coles, keep you going until Chrissie. I still have the odd Mrs Macs GF pie but at $5 a pie, not often. The GF pastry is a bit hard on the choppers too, I need a steak knife to cut them, fair dinkum.:halo:

Careful with the fangs,Dentist's are almost as expensive as Plumbersclear.png?emoji-grin-1677

Definitely not an expert pie maker! Cakes and biscuits, yes but I struggle with pastry. Last night's apple pie was the least one I've ever made because it's the only one I've ever made! I need to keep practicing. If anyone is passing through Cowra, NSW, you're welcome to call in and pick up any of my attempts. Goodness knows we don't need to eat the all!

Cloves are a traditional flavour accompaniment for apples and I believe that generations ago the lattice top of an apple pie was studded with cloves. Apparently our English word "clove" comes from the Latin "clavis" meaning "nail" and when you think about it they do look like tacks.

Sparky you're around our neck of the woods! If the offer of an apple pie is still there, would love to pick one up! Between my hubby and my brother, I reckon it would get polished off!! (I'm not really allowed any as I'm type 2 diabetic, recently diagnosed in mid July but have been playing by the rules and being good and have lost 14kg so far!)

Sparky you're around our neck of the woods! If the offer of an apple pie is still there, would love to pick one up! Between my hubby and my brother, I reckon it would get polished off!! (I'm not really allowed any as I'm type 2 diabetic, recently diagnosed in mid July but have been playing by the rules and being good and have lost 14kg so far!)

Well done.

Where abouts are you, Tilly? We’re doing pre-cruise in Sydney at the moment but I'll have another go at an apple pie when we get home to Cowra at the end of the month.

Congrats on the weight loss. I’ve lost a couple of kilograms and if I loose another 10kg I'll be overweight, as opposed to be obese, according to my BMI. We’re about to embark on B2B cruises so it might be more than 10kg by the time we get home. :eek:

Where abouts are you, Tilly?

Congrats on the weight loss. I’ve lost a couple of kilograms and if I loose another 10kg I'll be overweight, as opposed to be obese, according to my BMI. We’re about to embark on B2B cruises so it might be more than 10kg by the time we get home. :eek:

Thanks Sparky!! Still got a way to go yet as I'm still too heavy for my height. But I'm getting there!! Want to get myself to a way more sensible weight and hopefully off the diabetes meds by the time our cruise comes around in March.

We're at Woodstock, been here just over 3 years, moved from St Marys and out of the rat race!! Love the country life!

Enjoy your B2B cruises!! Which ship are you going on?

Thanks Sparky!! Still got a way to go yet as I'm still too heavy for my height. But I'm getting there!! Want to get myself to a way more sensible weight and hopefully off the diabetes meds by the time our cruise comes around in March.

We're at Woodstock, been here just over 3 years, moved from St Marys and out of the rat race!! Love the country life!

Enjoy your B2B cruises!! Which ship are you going on?

We board Carnival Spirit tomorrow. Our first time on Carnival after 11 on RCI and 1 on X. Also our first B2B Cruise.

I was asked to judge the cooking at Woodstock Show this year (I’m a qualified CWA cookery judge) but couldn’t do it because it was on a Sunday.

We board Carnival Spirit tomorrow. Our first time on Carnival after 11 on RCI and 1 on X. Also our first B2B Cruise.

I was asked to judge the cooking at Woodstock Show this year (I’m a qualified CWA cookery judge) but couldn’t do it because it was on a Sunday.

Would be interested to hear what you think of Carnival Spirit when you get back!

The Woodstock show was very wind blown this year!!! I dont think we saw one gazebo still intact!!

Sounds like I should have emigrated,I would be rich now,lol.

You would if unlike myself you didn't have a wife from Essex. 50 years she has kept me poor,you get less for murder Brian.Tried to leave her at High Chelmer Mall last time I was in Essex to no avail.,she beat me to Heathrow! lolclear.png?emoji-grin-1677

Enjoy the waterslides !!!:halo:

Sounds like I should have emigrated,I would be rich now,lol.

Oldies get free dental in UK, don't they? Not here in OZ, dentists cost everybody sqillions, so if you emigrated you would poor.:o

And unlike the older Brits we pay for doctors and pay for our pills at the chemists and there is no automatic right to an aged pension, you are means tested on your assets and other income....don't get me started.

No wonder I cannot a afford to cruise in the suites, or buy the on board beverage package for an exorbitant price. lol.

Oldies get free dental in UK, don't they? Not here in OZ, dentists cost everybody sqillions, so if you emigrated you would poor.:o

And unlike the older Brits we pay for doctors and pay for our pills at the chemists and there is no automatic right to an aged pension, you are means tested on your assets and other income....don't get me started.

No wonder I cannot a afford to cruise in the suites, or buy the on board beverage package for an exorbitant price. lol.

Yeah but I'm (was, retired now) a plumber,lol.We have to pay for dentists but get free prescriptions and travel.

You would if unlike myself you didn't have a wife from Essex. 50 years she has kept me poor,you get less for murder Brian.Tried to leave her at High Chelmer Mall last time I was in Essex to no avail.,she beat me to Heathrow! lolclear.png?emoji-grin-1677

Should have tried Romford,easier to get lost in,but the credit card would have been maxed out,lol.

brian1, we are waiting for you to tell us about the pies in Calabria. Spag Bol pie perhaps? :p

To quote Dino, "pizza pie",lol.As I said we order kidneys from butcher and do some home cooking now and then,"thats amore",cheers,Brian.

Great thread; what other board would have such a great discussion on meat pies. I mentioned this thread to DW. She ran a quick search and remarked, "524 posts and not a mention of a pea floater". More tales of year long trip in her youth.