re meat pies

Just great but for you Uncle Les a pack of Ryvita and a 4lt Flagon of Scrumpy will have to suffice. Noons Pies were bigger than 4n20 in Melbourne when I was a lad. Haven't seen any posts from the Essex Plumber lately do you think the Mafia might have done him harm?

My goodness Brian is back, didn't see his post!

LOL, he must have taken to the matresses.

MMM, I could do with a apple pie for dessert.

With cream of course.

Actually that was an old call when I was playing footy, “Apple pie” over and over.

Then when the other team knew what to expect

“Apple pie” ...... “with cream” a totally different play that took them be surprise. Lead to a meat pie (try) pretty much every time.

That menu looks great, especially the seafood pie.Surpasses anything in the UK, but where's the kate and sydney.

I don’t remember Harry ever offering a Steak and Kid. But then upto a few years ago (when they opened in Newcastle) it wasn’t a regular for me, didn’t get to the big smoke that often.

That menu looks great, especially the seafood pie.Surpasses anything in the UK, but where's the kate and sydney.

But hang on Brian, did you read the news on Harry's site ? They are going into franchising in the UK and USA, don't know exactly where though, perhaps a Harrys Pie Cart outside Buck Pal or the White House, lol. :')

No kate and sydney pies there mate, they should have those. Steak & Kidney pies are popular in England.;)

Yep,flew back yesterday.

Did you get your Aussie passport in the mail ? We had a whip round and sent you one, as you are an honorary Aussie through posting on here.;p

BTW the UK teams are not going too well in the Rugby League World Cup being played in Oceana.

But early days.

Hi,I'm back in Italy for 4 weeks then drive back for xmas.Don't send the Aussie passport here,the Italian post in the South still use donkeys,lol.Kidneys are a funny thing ,bit like Marmite or Vegemite,love em or hate em.With the Italians it's the thought of it being a urinary organ.Don't really follow rugby,it's bad enough following my footie team West Ham who are crap right now,lol,cheers,Brian.

Hi,I'm back in Italy for 4 weeks then drive back for xmas.Don't send the Aussie passport here,the Italian post in the South still use donkeys,lol.Kidneys are a funny thing ,bit like Marmite or Vegemite,love em or hate em.With the Italians it's the thought of it being a urinary organ.Don't really follow rugby,it's bad enough following my footie team West Ham who are crap right now,lol,cheers,Brian.
I would say sorry but as a Liverpool supporter (since Craig Johnston joined them in 1981) I will take as many wins as they can muster.

I would say sorry but as a Liverpool supporter (since Craig Johnston joined them in 1981) I will take as many wins as they can muster.
Just read we're getting David Moyes as new manager.Never got over that late goal by Gerrard in 2006,we had that in the bag,lol.

Just read we're getting David Moyes as new manager.Never got over that late goal by Gerrard in 2006,we had that in the bag,lol.

Hopefully he can do a good job for you. :D

Gerrard had a great game with 2 terrific strikes and then the penalty as well.:D

I played with Craig, no idea why he got the contract not me:loudcry:

Maybe because he went to England and got discovered. I have always said, you need 3 things to be play at the top level, Talent, determination and opportunity. He had talent and determination and by going to England gave him the opportunity.

Maybe because he went to England and got discovered. I have always said, you need 3 things to be play at the top level, Talent, determination and opportunity. He had talent and determination and by going to England gave him the opportunity.

I thought it wa# b3cause he could play and I couldn’t.

He was also lucky, another necessity.

Certainly he was a good player as a teen, but there were better players around locally that didn’t get the opportunity to go to England simply due to money. Craig’s mum and dad could afford to fund him, and were willing too, other boys families couldn’t and they had to take jobs.

I thought it wa# b3cause he could play and I couldn’t.

He was also lucky, another necessity.

Certainly he was a good player as a teen, but there were better players around locally that didn’t get the opportunity to go to England simply due to money. Craig’s mum and dad could afford to fund him, and were willing too, other boys families couldn’t and they had to take jobs.

I didn't want to say that you couldn't play as I know lots of players in many sports that are better than a national player but didn't stick at it or didn't have the opportunity. Either way, you really need all three to not just make it but also to stick at it.

This may seem an odd question in this thread about whatever it has become about:

Do we know whether the OP got to try a pie and if it was enjoyed?

What have spies got to do with it :o

No, OP hasn’t told us.

This may seem an odd question in this thread about whatever it has become about:

Do we know whether the OP got to try a pie and if it was enjoyed?

Perhaps he came, copped a dodgy pie from 7-11 and departed.:o

Or an even dodgier pie and didn’t get to depart.

I would have thought after 644 replies to 'Meat Pies' the OP would have responded.:(

Even if his Mrs Macs pie was off after having been in the 7-11 pie warmer for a month or three.

• 2 weeks later...

Some classic responses to story, the posters should come and visit us.:hearteyes: Tie it in with our meat pie thread. Greggs is big in the UK, just about every town has a store, cheap too.:rolleyes: