re meat pies

No need to go to India at great expense Mr Gut. Many decent pie shops here do a good curry pie.:D

My local bakery at Batehaven does a good curried chicken pie and a good curried beef pie, so I am told.:(:evilsmile: All Mic's Canberran mates come down and here patronise the place, curry pie and lattes galore with the odd blueberry friand for afters.

I would like to see Mic do a review of the Super Hot Vindalo beef pie from the pie cart at the Taj Mahal.

Harry’s do a pretty good curry pie too Uncle Les.

Maybe I should do a trip, reporting on nothing but the pies I try.

Harry’s do a pretty good curry pie too Uncle Les.

Maybe I should do a trip, reporting on nothing but the pies I try.

Yep, go on a pie road trip. CC'ers will have a whip round for your petrol and motel.:halo:

Did I tell you about the GF pie I had when we were in Emerald, NQ, on our road trip in August? The café put it in the microwave and it deconstructed big time, knife and fork job, looked like a train smash and half the pie remained in the microwave, I should have gone behind the counter with a spoon and scooped it up. For $7, I should have.

Lyndarra - a friend of my did the Indian visa on line and she said it was difficult to download her photos and she ended up getting an agent to do it who charged her $120 ($50 for the on line visa). So did you have any problems doing the on-line visa, do you have an tips? I need to do mine early next year.

Rosie

I don't know if you are going to India on a cruise ship. If so, a different visa applies to that required for flying in and doing a land tour. That one can be the eVisa. I have seen passengers turning up to check into a cruise and finding that they have the wrong type of visa.

Or worse. I went to India once, not my cup of tea, too dirty and hot.:loudcry:

But some people like India.. I do like Indian Curry though, provided it comes from a reputable restaurant kitchen. My local golf club has a couple of great Indian Chefs, who do some mighty good curries for lunch and dinner. They are not too good on the pizza making though.:(

We love a Ruby,there are at least 30 restaurants and takeaways within a 2 mile radius of us (Hornchurch).Thats just Indian,their are 30 plus Chinese also.First thing we do when we get home is phone for a takeaway.

Thanks Aus Traveller. It is a Princess cruise and we have been provided with a link to the e-visa. My friend did a land tour.

Sorry guys to be off topic. Not too many women commenting on the topic of pies here. Couldn't think of anything worse than eating a four n twenty pie or a chicko roll.

Rosie

We love a Ruby,there are at least 30 restaurants and takeaways within a 2 mile radius of us (Hornchurch).Thats just Indian,their are 30 plus Chinese also.First thing we do when we get home is phone for a takeaway.

Hey, Brian....You Brits love the Indian Tucker, your national dish is no longer Fish and Chips or Bangers 'n Mash, it is....'Chicken Tikka' Right? According to Jamie Oliver, that is. Enjoy.

Like in Australia, UK migration has some benefits, like new cuisines, new flavours !! Lubbly Jubbly.

;p

Just get rid of the deep fried Mars Bars. Perhaps a Deep Fried Crunchie would be a change.:eek:

Hey, Brian....You Brits love the Indian Tucker, your national dish is no longer Fish and Chips or Bangers 'n Mash, it is....'Chicken Tikka' Right? According to Jamie Oliver, that is. Enjoy.

Like in Australia, UK migration has some benefits, like new cuisines, new flavours !! Lubbly Jubbly.

;p

Just get rid of the deep fried Mars Bars. Perhaps a Deep Fried Crunchie would be a change.:eek:

Hey Uncle Les, those Plumber's really like to show the wealth they gained from their trade,ones in Italy money laundering with the Mafia;the other is trying to find apple turnovers in India. clear.png?emoji-winktongue-1704

Hey Uncle Les, those Plumber's really like to show the wealth they gained from their trade,ones in Italy money laundering with the Mafia;the other is trying to find apple turnovers in India. clear.png?emoji-winktongue-1704

Yep big money in plumbing, all those tax free dollars and pounds and euros.:mad:

As long as Mic finds a curried apple turnover with tikka cream, that would be nice.

Thanks Aus Traveller. It is a Princess cruise and we have been provided with a link to the e-visa. My friend did a land tour.

Sorry guys to be off topic. Not too many women commenting on the topic of pies here. Couldn't think of anything worse than eating a four n twenty pie or a chicko roll.

Rosie

Four n Twenty pies and Chiko rolls, lubbly jubbly - puts hairs on yer chest young Rosie.:p:halo:

Lyndarra - a friend of my did the Indian visa on line and she said it was difficult to download her photos and she ended up getting an agent to do it who charged her $120 ($50 for the on line visa). So did you have any problems doing the on-line visa, do you have an tips? I need to do mine early next year.

Rosie

I think doing the photos was the trickiest part. It's been a while now but I think the main problem was getting the picture sizing right. Try to get that done before uploadimg to the application. I had to play around with it a bit to get it right.

I think doing the photos was the trickiest part. It's been a while now but I think the main problem was getting the picture sizing right. Try to get that done before uploadimg to the application. I had to play around with it a bit to get it right.

From people I know just been or going to India, as you say the the photo size is the biggest cause of rejection, 1mm out of line and they decline Visa application until you get it right.:evilsmile:

Hope he does not get Delhi Belly ...:eek:
No chance,us plumbers have the constitution of an ox,fitting all those dunnies, lol.I thought that on our Golden Triangle tour this year until I woke up on the last day with dysentry,lol.

The Ndrangheta has a large branch in Aus.Watch out for that fish on your doorstep,lol.

Thanks Lyndarra and Uncle Les for the tips with the photo sizing - will certainly have a go.

Rosie

Four n Twenty pies and Chiko rolls, lubbly jubbly - puts hairs on yer chest young Rosie.:p:halo:

Oh no Uncle Les, certainly not eating Four n Twenty pies and Chiko rolls now - us gals don't want hairs on our chest.

Rosie

The Ndrangheta has a large branch in Aus.Watch out for that fish on your doorstep,lol.

Their headquarters is in Carlton a suburb of Melbourne, if there is any of them left;they keep shooting each other. They do run the Fish Market so they have easy access to the said product. I will leave a pot of Osso Bucco on the doorstep for them, second thoughts maybe a dodgy 4N20 with "dead horse" lol.clear.png?emoji-tearsjoy-1678

Something something about barristers.

Something something about briefs.

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

They tell fibs sometimes, but then many do in a court of law, from both sides.

Enough of that rubbish, let us get back on the topic: Meat Pies. Walls in UK make good ones, big range of products, old company. Brian could tell us about them. http://www.walls-pastry.co.uk

Edited by NSWP

They tell fibs sometimes, but then many do in a court of law, from both sides.

Enough of that rubbish, let us get back on the topic: Meat Pies. Walls in UK make good ones, big range of products, old company. Brian could tell us about them. www.walls-pastry.co.uk

Crikey Walls have got a Chicken Tikka Slice ,we should send a box to both plumbers.! Is it worth having a whiparound and sending a few snag rolls as well.? Been to the UK many times and never seen this product. clear.png?emoji-wink-1685

Their headquarters is in Carlton a suburb of Melbourne, if there is any of them left;they keep shooting each other. They do run the Fish Market so they have easy access to the said product. I will leave a pot of Osso Bucco on the doorstep for them, second thoughts maybe a dodgy 4N20 with "dead horse" lol.clear.png?emoji-tearsjoy-1678

That's a good swap.Don't worry about them shooting each other,Darwin called that natural selection,lol.