re meat pies

15 hours ago, dillpickle48 said:

image.thumb.jpeg.f5e6ef918889035dc93b1ab08c37ba36.jpeg

gluten free seafood pie, contains white fish, salmon and prawns. From home delivery company Delidoor. Could not rotate photo and sorry about photo quality.

Any GF pastry? Looks like mashed spud and sea food.

6 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

Sadness in the household, we are in isolation and have run out of pies.:(

Oh dear do you have the lurgy? Get a Woolies or Coles home delivery of frozen pies, they may be there tomorrow.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, dillpickle48 said:

Gf pastry that I enjoyed even though I don’t usually eat gf. 

They probably use rice flour instead of normal flour derived from wheat.

I will have to check and see if Delidoor deliver to Batemans Bay.

Edited by NSWP
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, NSWP said:

Oh dear do you have the lurgy? Get a Woolies or Coles home delivery of frozen pies, they may be there tomorrow.

Yep, I went to Sydney and built a Deck, obviously, I wasn't careful enough, tested positive when I got home.

44 minutes ago, NSWP said:

They probably use rice flour instead of normal flour derived from wheat.

I will have to check and see if Delidoor deliver to Batemans Bay.

Yes they do. I checked when I saw all the gf foods they had. I was surprised that they delivered to Greenwell Point. They are in Sydney and deliver to Canberra and down the south coast to the Victorian border. Now setting up in Melbourne as well. Most meals are for two but I have been able to work around it. Seeing as it is rare for me to eat out this is my bit of decadence.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

Yep, I went to Sydney and built a Deck, obviously, I wasn't careful enough, tested positive when I got home.

So sorry you're in isolation.  Yacht Club's Snapper on the Lake:  Home delivery of the freshest, crispiest, beer-battered fish and chips ever, with a fresh salad, right to your door.  We order every few weeks, just to keep ourselves in control.  

9 hours ago, Mareblu said:

So sorry you're in isolation.  Yacht Club's Snapper on the Lake:  Home delivery of the freshest, crispiest, beer-battered fish and chips ever, with a fresh salad, right to your door.  We order every few weeks, just to keep ourselves in control.  

Cheers, great suggestion.

We have enough food in the cupboards, fridge and freezer to last us, even if we have run out of pies.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

Cheers, great suggestion.

We have enough food in the cupboards, fridge and freezer to last us, even if we have run out of pies.

Do you need me to do a road trip and drop some on the front step, isolation is one thing, but no pies is a whole different ball game.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 4/9/2022 at 11:27 AM, MicCanberra said:

I hope you don't become very ill.

I picked up COVID on Wednesday 30/3 and tested positive the next Saturday. Unfortunately I passed it on to my husband, I believe that day before I used the RAT. I am now officially out of quarantine, but still staying home. I was crook, but not really sick - if you know what I mean. My husband's symptoms are a little less than mine were. The main thing that is bothering him is the constant dry cough.

Qld Health has been fantastic. After we each registered, a doctor phoned and had a long talk. They were going to deliver whatever we needed - oximeter (we had borrowed our daughter's) and medication. A nurse has phoned every day. We tell them our oxy reading, heart rate and temp, taken twice a day.

We have plenty of supplies with extras dropped off by our daughter and cooked meals dropped off by one of our sons. We also have a lot of pies. 🙂

My sister and her husband have just tested positive, over in Busselton. Triple.

An odd element, my sister had worked doing Covid vaccination last year.

Hope you are doing ok Mic

Edited by Docker123
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, GUT2407 said:

Do you need me to do a road trip and drop some on the front step, isolation is one thing, but no pies is a whole different ball game.

Thanks for the offer mate,  but I wouldn't want to put you out, especially with a 5 hour road trip involved.

1 hour ago, Aus Traveller said:

Has your wife tested positive also? How are you feeling?

My wife has tested negative 3 times now, we are still isolating from each other. Separate ends of the house, and different bedrooms for now.

I had some sinus congestion, a bit sneeze and coughing a bit, on Tusday,  Lots of dust and crap building the deck, so my asthma was playing up anyway. As it persisted after leaving Sydney, I tested once home on Wednesday, positive straight away and isolated to the bedroom. Have been there ever since. So mild cold for a day or so. Another couple of days and I am free again.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Docker123 said:

My sister and her husband have just tested positive, over in Busselton. Triple.

An odd element, my sister had worked doing Covid vaccination last year.

Hope you are doing ok Mic

All good, I have food and drinks supplied,  a TV, books, my tablet and a comfy bed.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

My wife has tested negative 3 times now, we are still isolating from each other. Separate ends of the house, and different bedrooms for now.

I had some sinus congestion, a bit sneeze and coughing a bit, on Tusday,  Lots of dust and crap building the deck, so my asthma was playing up anyway. As it persisted after leaving Sydney, I tested once home on Wednesday, positive straight away and isolated to the bedroom. Have been there ever since. So mild cold for a day or so. Another couple of days and I am free again.

Glad to hear you are not too bad. When I commented to one of my Health Department callers that I had got off lightly, she helpfully mentioned that a lot of people get worse after a few days. I hope this isn't the case for you but you are probably over the worst as this is day five for you. Day four was my worst.

We isolated from each other as soon as I tested positive, but I must have shared the virus earlier in the day. ☹️

Edited by Aus Traveller

On 4/9/2022 at 11:34 AM, dillpickle48 said:

Yes they do. I checked when I saw all the gf foods they had. I was surprised that they delivered to Greenwell Point. They are in Sydney and deliver to Canberra and down the south coast to the Victorian border. Now setting up in Melbourne as well. Most meals are for two but I have been able to work around it. Seeing as it is rare for me to eat out this is my bit of decadence.

You built a deck and now your’e  in isolation…you must be feeling a little “ board” 🤔 

• Haha 3