Would you chose a lower rate or OBC?

sweets2323

I know carnival cruises are set and can't be lowered. This is a general question.

Would you take a discounted cruise or would you chose the onboard credit?

Received a quote for $290 less or I could pay the full value of $3400 for a couple with $290 OBC.

I would think the lower rate is better; but I wanted to see what you all think as well:

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

What do you mean, cannot be lowered?

If you book early saver, you get price protection, so if the rate drops, you get the price difference back as a lower final payment (or OBC if after final payment).

You are a past Carnival cruiser, so at a minimum, you should get the past guest rate. Not sure why you'd want to pay the full rate? But to answer your question, I'd take the lower rate.

I think the lower rate is better because I have read where some people did not receive the OBC etc. At the end of the day, I think getting the lower rate is better because it almost $300 that I don't have to pay..

Let me explain a little. I may have used the wrong choice of words.

I'm booking a cruise on another cruise line.. This cruise line allow TA's to give a discounted rate.

Meaning if i see an early saver rate the TA would also quote me the same rate.

With the other cruise like the lowest rate was 3400 and no OBC.

My TA was able to quote me 3100 with no OBC or I can pay 3400 with an OBC of 290.

lower rate. Two times our OBC didn't show up and we had to spend time at Guest Relations getting it straightened out.

Also, we've had too much where we spent it on things we normally wouldn't have purchased.

BUT, at least on some lines that travel agent OBC is refundable. You might want to check on that.

Let me explain a little. I may have used the wrong choice of words.

I'm booking a cruise on another cruise line.. This cruise line allow TA's to give a discounted rate.

Meaning if i see an early saver rate the TA would also quote me the same rate.

With the other cruise like the lowest rate was 3400 and no OBC.

My TA was able to quote me 3100 with no OBC or I can pay 3400 with an OBC of 290.

I'm confused. Is this the same ship or 2 different ships?

While Carnival says their rates cannot be sold for less, their are many agents who will share part of their commission with you. Many times they will offer OBC which they pay for. That said, it seems the loot does not always get into your account in a timely manner. Sometimes it is the agency at fault, other times it is sloppiness at Carnival.

I would always take the discount off the cruise price. Then you can use your dollars anyplace you like, not just on the ship.