Rick Steves in Santorini

onebyside

Fun shot. We ran into him a couple of years ago in Venice. Had his guide book in my hand when I saw him. Asked him if he would mind having photo taken of us together. He obliged and wanted to know if we were happy with the places he had recommended in the book. Really nice guy. Also, very tall!

It's funny, we've run into stars/famous type people at grocery stores, restaurants etc., & just ignore them or give them a little nod, because that's what you do in L.A., but I would be thrilled to run into Rick Steves & would totally ask for a selfie & maybe an autograph if I had one of his books with me. :D

We met Rick at the Santo Winery Tasting on the excursion off our Reflection Med cruise. Very nice guy to take time for the pic.28b2157123781ae0f825f57909c97e60.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk

Someone else posted that he has been on Reflection --- they ran into him at the Lawn Club Grill.

When was this? We were on the Reflection in May. Would have loved to run into him.:)

DH and I enjoy watching Rick Steves programs. We have learned a lot from him. However, we once took a tour with a guide that he recommended and the tour/guide was less than stellar. Partly due to the weather, but the guide was very late picking us up, and seemed to be in a bad mood. Didn't talk much on the way to the sites. Acted in different. Maybe because of his notoriety (was on a Rick Steves show and on Youtube), he felt that he didn't need to do his best.:rolleyes: Disappointing tour guide. :(

We are a few weeks away from a self-planned 46 day European trip/transatlantic trip home out of Rome on the Silhouette. Before the cruise, we will hit cities in the U.K., France, Netherlands, Germany, Austria and Italy. We are using some of Rick Steves' carry-on sized backpack luggage, accessories, guides and a lot of knowledge gleaned from his TV shows and online talks and videos. We don't agree with everything in his travel philosophy but he provides a lot of good and useful information that helps us plan and execute our travels. Seems like a really nice guy too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by 1SGCruiser