FOX News Channel

Just got Suites email and it seems Bertie is now Concierge for CL. We will find out for sure soon,

Thanks. I have met Bertie before, but I am having a senior moment on which RCI ship. At one time many years ago, was he the Diamond Concierge on the Oasis?

At home, I watch both CNN and FNC. I like to get both sides of an issue.

Nothing is wrong with CNN, if it is the USA version (for those cruise ships that depart from USA ports). I do not like the CNN International version, in that there is limited USA news during the few times in the evening when I watch TV during a cruise.

CNN International does not cover big issues like US hurricanes very well. Harvey was hitting Texas when we were Oasis and you could not compare the coverage from FNC and CNN International.

Thanks. I have met Bertie before, but I am having a senior moment on which RCI ship. At one time many years ago, was he the Diamond Concierge on the Oasis?

Both Bertie and Rahul were Freedom Concierges. Please report back on Concierges and I will also check other sources. I am one of the managers of the Google Doc Current Concierge spreadsheet that I posted a link to as well the Current Concierge Thread.

Perhaps the best option is to buy the Internet package or bundle and pull up the news source of your choice on your smartphone? Works for me.

Agree. We have been streaming the FNC and other channels we want to see since making PC.

• 2 weeks later...

Report from Freedom Of The Seas

No Fox News. CNN International and 2 BBC and one Italian station when the Satellite signal worked. About 50% of the time, no live stations.

It would be a bit difficult to watch American stations with at least a 6 hour time difference.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Report from Freedom Of The Seas

No Fox News. CNN International and 2 BBC and one Italian station when the Satellite signal worked. About 50% of the time, no live stations.

It would be a bit difficult to watch American stations with at least a 6 hour time difference.

It's normal for the ship to have a different mix of TV stations when in Europe. Different satellites than when in the US/Caribbean.

Great to have Fox news on our 9/3/17 Oasis cruise. Thanks Michael Bayley, and Ken Rush for making this happen, as promised on the Presidents cruise last year.

Rick

Did Michael Bayley or Ken Rush say when all RCI cruise ships will have FNC?

I saw that Serenade of the Seas is due for dry dock. When and what changes are being made?

Nothing publicly revealed by the cruise line. Could very well be only required periodic marine maintenance and inspection.

Eventually this is what's going to go down, in my opinion.

Onboard channels included with your fare will be almost all shopping / port excursion oriented channels. Maybe one international news station, the obligatory ship cameras, entertainment replay.

If you want news you'll pay for a bundle of 5 channels.

Sports, pay for a bundle of channels

Kids programming, another pay for bundle.

What do you think of that?

Nothing publicly revealed by the cruise line. Could very well be only required periodic marine maintenance and inspection.

I thought that since they were in FL from the end of Oct until the middle part of Nov. that something more than maintenance and inspection was going on. I remember reading on the RC website that it was scheduled for Refurbishments in 2017.