Commendations for NCL.

Dayana

I did refrain from mentioning that FDR comes from Cuba so has a sort of vested interest, but I thought that might just turn the flaming I was expecting into an inferno.

Hah? He is from Cuba,,,, so he has a vested interest in evacuating stranded people in St. Thomas, United States???? In the Virgin Islands???

Hah? He is from Cuba,,,, so he has a vested interest in evacuating stranded people in St. Thomas, United States???? In the Virgin Islands???
I'm sure you are wondering this as well, BirdTravels, but what does Cuba have to do with rescuing people from St. Thomas? NCL is doing a great humanitarian effort, but I guess some dislike the line enough to try to make light of this effort. Edited by NLH Arizona

The cruise lines have a vested interest in getting the islands up and running, but that doesn't take away from what they are doing IMHO. I haven't heard of Carnival doing anything.

Carnival has 2 ships getting ready to deliver supplies to St Kitts & another island. They are also gathering info on what supplies are still needed. They have pledged $2 million in funds.

<Flame suit on>

NCL has a vested interest to see the Eastern Caribbean back on its feet as soon as possible. Kudos to them for stepping up to the plate, but there is a commercial reason behind it as well. Just saying.

What is the commercial reason to RESCUE people?

Other than publicity

Or the thread last night (deleted) where a pax was upset because they cut off their UBP for the Escape's extra days at sea. Said he was "lied to" and that it was just wrong, so wrong.

I was on that sailing and they were very clear that the UBP would be discontinued on Saturday.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

What is the commercial reason to RESCUE people?

Other than publicity

By getting the tourists off the island, it allows the islands to focus their resources on the needs of their own people, which could help them recover sooner, which could benefit the cruise lines (and them also benefit themselves, since a lot of money comes from the cruise industry). It's a win/win for the islands, the tourists being rescued, and the cruise lines.

I think it's terrific that the cruise lines are stepping up to the plate. And it really irritates me that some news outlets are trying to find something, anything bad about what the cruise lines are doing to help. Leave it to that rag New York Post to have an article (if you can call it that, it's so short) describing "awful conditions" and people (who didn't have to pay to get on in the first place) complaining about how expensive the bottled water is. Guess what-tap water is free!

http://nypost.com/2017/09/11/those-who-fled-irma-on-cruise-boat-describe-awful-conditions/

Thank you cruise lines! We appreciate what you're doing to help.

I think it's terrific that the cruise lines are stepping up to the plate. And it really irritates me that some news outlets are trying to find something, anything bad about what the cruise lines are doing to help. Leave it to that rag New York Post to have an article (if you can call it that, it's so short) describing "awful conditions" and people (who didn't have to pay to get on in the first place) complaining about how expensive the bottled water is. Guess what-tap water is free!

http://nypost.com/2017/09/11/those-who-fled-irma-on-cruise-boat-describe-awful-conditions/

Thank you cruise lines! We appreciate what you're doing to help.

Anyone who chose not to get off in Miami then complained should have been made to walk the plank (and I don't mean the Ropes Course)!

TA-Pirates-Logo.jpg?width=220&height=220

Anyone who chose not to get off in Miami then complained should have been made to walk the plank (and I don't mean the Ropes Course)!

TA-Pirates-Logo.jpg?width=220&height=220

Totally agree with you!

We are just off the Escape this morning, they did a great job, never missed a beat! Food, entertainment and accommodation for the cost of your daily service charge in a safe environment, instead of the possibility of staying in a shelter or a chair at the airport?

I'll take it every time!!

And for all this "inconvenience" a credit that is a minimum of 25% of the fare to use on a future cruise!!

Kudos to NCL!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Glad to hear it went well. From some of the media here you would think it was the poop cruise.

We board the Escape this Saturday so glad to here it wasn't. Lol

Sent from my SM-G930V using Forums mobile app

Lol! Not even close!

Crew was great! Ship is awesome! Food was consistently good! This was our first time on the Escape... it didn't disappoint! You'll have a great time! The ship will be spotless when you get on, they are doing a "deep" cleaning for the next couple days!! But I can't imagine it being any cleaner!

Have a great cruise!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Mixed emotions!!

Yes very happy that corporate sent aid and recognized the islands - "Corporate Responsibility "

VERY disappointed in them however for not recognizing the effected victims in Florida that CAN NOT get out for their scheduled Baltic Cruise this Saturday (to no fault of their own) and tells them to pound sound on any type of or refund for future credit.... Very Sad NCL!!!

Mixed emotions!!

Yes very happy that corporate sent aid and recognized the islands - "Corporate Responsibility "

VERY disappointed in them however for not recognizing the effected victims in Florida that CAN NOT get out for their scheduled Baltic Cruise this Saturday (to no fault of their own) and tells them to pound sound on any type of or refund for future credit.... Very Sad NCL!!!

Hopefully those folks that can't to their cruise purchased insurance.