Next reduced deposit sale???

teddybear231

I'm not impressed by reduced deposit sales. You're still paying the same amount for the cruise -- it's just that you're paying less up front /more at final payment time.
I'm sorry but I hate posts like this, how in anyway does this help the op with what they were asking? I believe it's evident that the op may not have the immediate funds available for full deposit and therefore was asking about a reduced deposit sale. Not everyone has tons of money to be tied up because depending on how many are sailing the full deposit can be hefty.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I'm sorry but I hate posts like this, how in anyway does this help the op with what they were asking? I believe it's evident that the op may not have the immediate funds available for full deposit and therefore was asking about a reduced deposit sale. Not everyone has tons of money to be tied up because depending on how many are sailing the full deposit can be hefty.

Spot on response...well said...absolutely no need to include an "I'm sorry" to this poster.

Well said, thank you :)

Even the reduced deposits for the Next Cruise Program are gone, so my guess is they won't be having those anymore. I'm with you, I loved the reduced deposits or Next cruise, why tie up all that money if you don't have too.

I'm actually switching to more Celebrity cruise's, they do have reduced deposit sales and reduced future cruise deposits.

I know you can't mention TA names, but the fairly large one I've used a few times (that does charge a change fee) has no mention of reduced deposits on their website but if you choose the non-refundable rate it's showing the deposit for a 7 night Caribbean sailing at $250.00 all the way through the booking page. It's not the $50 deal offered in the past but it's better than $500.00.

Simple: I've seen discussions on this topic in the past in which the poster DID NOT UNDERSTAND that the payment was merely deferred; that is, I've seen posters in the past who mistakenly thought a reduced deposit was a lower cruise cost.

I have no idea whether this OP knows or doesn't know, so I was sharing a fact that might've been helpful.

Simple: I've seen discussions on this topic in the past in which the poster DID NOT UNDERSTAND that the payment was merely deferred; that is, I've seen posters in the past who mistakenly thought a reduced deposit was a lower cruise cost.

I have no idea whether this OP knows or doesn't know, so I was sharing a fact that might've been helpful.

I do understand that the payment is deferred, if you read the posts, you will see how I mentioned not everybody in the group can afford the $250 per person deposit at once.

I do understand that the payment is deferred, if you read the posts, you will see how I mentioned not everybody in the group can afford the $250 per person deposit at once.

It's been 3 days since you started your post...What have you decide to do...are the cabins you want still available ?

+3, thank you. Reduced deposits don't seem to be offered often.

It's been 3 days since you started your post...What have you decide to do...are the cabins you want still available ?

We're looking for Summer 2018, so the cabins are still available. We usually try to book by end of October/early November. If the reduced deposits appear before that, then we will certainly take advantage.

I'm not impressed by reduced deposit sales. You're still paying the same amount for the cruise -- it's just that you're paying less up front /more at final payment time.

That's exactly the point with going for the reduced deposit. Some people don't want to tie up that amount of money for two years. Some people are not as affluent as others and this allows them to book multiple cruises without emptying their bank account.

TKXw0wxsB8IB0QPA3TKXw0wxsB8IB0QPA3

I Don't know if you can see this but it is a snip from a major online travel agent. "Book now, pay later: no deposit required". I have booked through one of these before and it worked great. There is a $25 fee upfront but your deposit isn't due until 10 days before your final payment and it looks like you can't use it with the new non-refundable deposits with rccl but it's still there if you want to use it.

Now you will have to search to see if you can find the T/A. Good luck. there are a few T/A's that are offering this, they are all part of a larger agency.

If the pic isn't showing let me know and I'll post it through tapatalk.

rYoI8EtgCN1LxHOPFYYzLxiBTkVKHeM13vrUsP_K0dpPhtpOckWOLcynU7M6o1SVd5RuVbKJBOmTnC_VthHqFf60P1J_H2AvOG21XdRG5e329g4WpPo8gtGOPOQfWk19IIuy0NEcZBfun3m5KTIkm1584pDBwbDBMMaAfipw_MW-_Y4_9onL9CKBVwbnyr8a9Vx9Nq9vHB-T0hy1wG6vLz3pP6-7mVUKhALFM_mxuRje6Jv4F8NykmBTgAdP7tY9DoWrQiYOJuIR9GxsT_RF16DhE4QkG_Wq_F27UEtn4zHiTQfcEx2aR99SlaT6jWQRU21CQWIviko_-kyLEDLhYc1CVZGnCBIUaIebl_j97C_U8HcIg_rdJI5I0HL-Ab-EjQSL8LYnvBZ_x6sxpmWbyld_EhdHVI7LFQejBpjnKP-QVJAfiyCOTK9w9WphX0ZxOgeNX_z2DHyeA6uK0vsX1bscImv9KBMUFrl6i6eMvV-duX-yhjnrIHOOmp_Yvyhfgk8rXTIzMgT6dFg9X86Xh8-3VISNPkvY8j2HPRJ3iouyHrdqoHLeJyZTgRmkzG6Jq8n_MpB0rvp20deldGJ1B42m0iMQMYFs07IRHvvXpaLu-7f0J54OpA=w763-h552-no

I Don't know if you can see this but it is a snip from a major online travel agent. "Book now, pay later: no deposit required". I have booked through one of these before and it worked great. There is a $25 fee upfront but your deposit isn't due until 10 days before your final payment and it looks like you can't use it with the new non-refundable deposits with rccl but it's still there if you want to use it.

Now you will have to search to see if you can find the T/A. Good luck. there are a few T/A's that are offering this, they are all part of a larger agency.

rYoI8EtgCN1LxHOPFYYzLxiBTkVKHeM13vrUsP_K0dpPhtpOckWOLcynU7M6o1SVd5RuVbKJBOmTnC_VthHqFf60P1J_H2AvOG21XdRG5e329g4WpPo8gtGOPOQfWk19IIuy0NEcZBfun3m5KTIkm1584pDBwbDBMMaAfipw_MW-_Y4_9onL9CKBVwbnyr8a9Vx9Nq9vHB-T0hy1wG6vLz3pP6-7mVUKhALFM_mxuRje6Jv4F8NykmBTgAdP7tY9DoWrQiYOJuIR9GxsT_RF16DhE4QkG_Wq_F27UEtn4zHiTQfcEx2aR99SlaT6jWQRU21CQWIviko_-kyLEDLhYc1CVZGnCBIUaIebl_j97C_U8HcIg_rdJI5I0HL-Ab-EjQSL8LYnvBZ_x6sxpmWbyld_EhdHVI7LFQejBpjnKP-QVJAfiyCOTK9w9WphX0ZxOgeNX_z2DHyeA6uK0vsX1bscImv9KBMUFrl6i6eMvV-duX-yhjnrIHOOmp_Yvyhfgk8rXTIzMgT6dFg9X86Xh8-3VISNPkvY8j2HPRJ3iouyHrdqoHLeJyZTgRmkzG6Jq8n_MpB0rvp20deldGJ1B42m0iMQMYFs07IRHvvXpaLu-7f0J54OpA=w763-h552-no

It won't show up because it's a travel agency website. Prohibited.

I have seen a couple of online TA's with that deal, but I don't know how reliable they are. Plus, we always deal directly with the cruise line, just in case we run into any issues.

It isn't about you being impressed with it or not. It is about having cash tied up so early. For example, I am looking at cruises for December 2018 and need to put a deposit down now. In the meantime, I need to pay for trips in nov and dec this year. It would be helpful to not have to pay a large deposit for a cruise 15 months out.

Also, it seems to me that they would make money if they did non-refundable reduced deposits so people would book now. I think they would make money off of the deposits people forfeit.

It isn't about you being impressed with it or not. It is about having cash tied up so early. For example, I am looking at cruises for December 2018 and need to put a deposit down now. In the meantime, I need to pay for trips in nov and dec this year. It would be helpful to not have to pay a large deposit for a cruise 15 months out.

Also, it seems to me that they would make money if they did non-refundable reduced deposits so people would book now. I think they would make money off of the deposits people forfeit.

I completely agree on both points!