A way to financially help the ports effected by Irma

rmf11699

If it could, it would likely stay with the tour operator originally contracted to provide the excursion. What happens with it after that would probably depend on them. Just speculating, but the money might also not normally be conveyed to them until after the excursion is completed and likely stays with the cruise line until then.

While its a nice thought, not sure how you would coordinate how, or who, it gets to for assistance. Also doubt that the cruise lines would be in a position to convey individual funds on passengers behalf to the islands.

Not sure how big an impact that would make. A portion would go to the cruise line and the rest would go to an individual tour operator - one which could conceivably be owned by a foreign party anyway. If you felt the need to donate I would try to do it more directly.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Not sure how big an impact that would make. A portion would go to the cruise line and the rest would go to an individual tour operator - one which could conceivably be owned by a foreign party anyway. If you felt the need to donate I would try to do it more directly.

My thoughts too.

This is going to take a major humanitarian effort like one that has rarely been seen.

Remember Haiti.

We are talking about several Islands and please do not forget about places such the Keys.

Also, please don't forget about Texas which is getting almost no reporting but many areas are in bad shape.

Many places are like a war zone.

Keith

pick a organization that is doing disaster relief & rebuilding ... donate there

If you have skills ...volunteer your time & skills

Habitat for Humanity, Global Medic & others that provide assistance to those people in need