Unusual & intrusive questions by AA agent at Barelona Airport

nelblu

How do you know that the only person watching you was the desk person? Look around, there are cameras everywhere. And the people behind the camera are NOT desk agents.

And that "utensil," if you watched, was inserted into a machine. It was testing for explosive materials.

Oh Yeah, so why wasn't my body scanned. The utensil was portable and I thought it was a different type of body scanner than used in the US. Was surprised that they touched the bag that I identified and not my wife's.

They are just not agents. I work for American Airlines and I can assure you that all of our security people are trained to the highest standards. All airlines have ground security coordinators working in different aspects of the travel process to ensure the public has the safest possible travel experience. Drop your nose just a bit and stop snubbing these trained individuals. You are not that important.

You are right, in the scheme of things we are all unimportant. Can't wait for AA to transfer that same training to check-in agents at US airports and ask the same silly & unimportant questions to keep us safe in a non-security area.

You are right, in the scheme of things we are all unimportant. Can't wait for AA to transfer that same training to check-in agents at US airports and ask the same silly & unimportant questions to keep us safe in a non-security area.

Ahh, I get it now. You are an expert in security and terrorism and know all the non silly and important questions to ask. We should have all the airlines domestic and abroad consult with you to keep the rest of us safe.

On a slightly different note we were flying out of Barcelona after a cruise and were having trouble locating our check in airline. We were flying Delta but could not find the Delta desk, I tried asking people and it seemed no one spoke English. I finally found out that KLM handled the Delta flight but was a little upset that our agent never told us this.We ten flew to Amsterdam and changed planes and their security was very tight with a lot of questions.

How many blond-haired Americans went to join ISIS? How many have committed terrorist attacks?

How many dead at the Bataclan Theatre, Paris? 130, and 384 injured. No blond-haired Americans there, only in the audience.

And in Beslan, Russia, in 2004, since you are delving back into history with Lockerbie as we call it here, what about the 385 dead when Chechen Muslim terrorists invaded a school and held 1100 people hostage for three days until Special Forces went in? No blond-haired Americans there!

As Sun Tzu said: "Know your enemy". He sure ain't me or an 85 year old granny.

So you think that the terrorists are STUPID?

It seems so. Because you think that if you exempt blond hair blue eyed people, they will nor recruit some for this purpose?

Oh, and BTW, one major reason that they cannot exempt blond hair blue eyed or 85 year old grannies are part of the same civil rights that keep you from having your house searched just because some officer wants to.

Ahh, I get it now. You are an expert in security and terrorism and know all the non silly and important questions to ask. We should have all the airlines domestic and abroad consult with you to keep the rest of us safe.[/quot

As I said, I do not have to accept it. However, you seem to come across as an AA security expert. Please tell me when is the so called "European Security training" model that you are so enamored with introduced to the US Continent . Maybe we'll all be safer by the asking of cabin #s and Url addresses used to book transports including cruises. I think that maybe check-in agent should be trained psychiatrists.

Nelblu and Cruise or Lose, I think you're both right. You are both WAY too important to be treated with such "indignities." If I were you, I wouldn't stand for it! Stand UP for your rights! Demand that you be let through security with ABSOLUTELY NO QUESTIONS! You have RIGHTS! So be bold, be assertive, demanding! TELL those "idiots" how stupid they really are and be sure to add some "descriptive" language. Tell them where they can stuff their stupid questions. And then please, PLEASE come back and let us know how this attitude of yours works out for you in a Foreign Country. LOL

Ahh, I get it now. You are an expert in security and terrorism and know all the non silly and important questions to ask. We should have all the airlines domestic and abroad consult with you to keep the rest of us safe.[/quot

As I said, I do not have to accept it. However, you seem to come across as an AA security expert. Please tell me when is the so called "European Security training" model that you are so enamored with introduced to the US Continent . Maybe we'll all be safer by the asking of cabin #s and Url addresses used to book transports including cruises. I think that maybe check-in agent should be trained psychiatrists.

American complies with the rules of the countries we fly in to. Here in the US, they follow the rules also and allows the TSA to provide all security for all travel.

No, you don't have to accept it, but it would appear you sold out on your principals to avoid paying 50 bucks for overpacking your suitcase and expecting to avoid the rule of paying for over 50 pounds.

Nelblu and Cruise or Lose, I think you're both right. You are both WAY too important to be treated with such "indignities." If I were you, I wouldn't stand for it! Stand UP for your rights! Demand that you be let through security with ABSOLUTELY NO QUESTIONS! You have RIGHTS! So be bold, be assertive, demanding! TELL those "idiots" how stupid they really are and be sure to add some "descriptive" language. Tell them where they can stuff their stupid questions. And then please, PLEASE come back and let us know how this attitude of yours works out for you in a Foreign Country. LOL

I'm sort of hoping that they have the seats next to me on the plane reserved..... because I love having an empty seat to sprawl out on.

Really? Barcelona just suffered a major terror attack with many fatalities, and you can't understand why the airline asked questions that would show you had no evil intent? Did you not expect tight security from the government and the airline after this tragedy. Really?

Personally, I am very glad that some are now adopting the El Al approach to psychologically screening passengers through questioning their reasons for flying and checking facts about them.

Civil liberties is very cherished in the US and not sure if this would constitute profiling.

If they were looking at the person, every male between 14 and 50 years old of Arabic, Indian/Pakistani or Somalian appearance would be intensively screened, since men fitting that description carry out the overwhelming majority of terrorist attacks worldwide. Not 85 year old grandmas.

How many blond-haired Americans went to join ISIS? How many have committed terrorist attacks?

How many dead at the Bataclan Theatre, Paris? 130, and 384 injured. No blond-haired Americans there, only in the audience.

As Sun Tzu said: "Know your enemy". He sure ain't me or an 85 year old granny.

We have seen women and kids used as suicide bombers and yes anyone in theory could potentially be a risk but 95%+ would fit most peoples idea of the muslim type terrorist and it makes sense to check them more thoroughly.

Simply as a point of clarity. This ^ is profiling. Not "What cabin were you in?" or "How did you book your trip?"

Meanwhile, you can bring a loaded gun onto a city bus in many US states.

I live in an open carry state. Was in Walmart yesterday, 2 people carrying pistols are their hips. Scary.

You know that really is insane when you think about that for a minute.

You reminded me of something. I've known some people who have worked for Canadian customs and they used tell me how they would often get Americans trying to cross the boarder with their guns (declaring them, not declaring them is a whole other story). And how they would always get the occasional person who would argue that it "was their right to carry their gun". Umm no your not in the US. You have no right to carry a gun.

People please remember when you are travelling to another country the "rights" you have in your country really mean very little. And check the attitude at the door.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

People please remember when you are travelling to another country the "rights" you have in your country really mean very little. And check the attitude at the door.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yes, unfortunately, many of my countrymen do not get this very point. Your Constitutional rights do not extend outside of the US. Nor do the laws of your State, or even the customs. Manners, courtesy, respect, and common sense should travel with them, but often don't.

On a slightly different note we were flying out of Barcelona after a cruise and were having trouble locating our check in airline. We were flying Delta but could not find the Delta desk, I tried asking people and it seemed no one spoke English. I finally found out that KLM handled the Delta flight but was a little upset that our agent never told us this.We ten flew to Amsterdam and changed planes and their security was very tight with a lot of questions.

Interesting.

I wonder how many people at Detroit Metro speak Spanish ? The point being if you're in another country the expectation that your language and customs will be prevalent may result in your being disappointed.

I'm sort of hoping that they have the seats next to me on the plane reserved..... because I love having an empty seat to sprawl out on.

That's what I love about you, Doc... always looking on the bright side. How have you been? We took 2016 off from RCCL but are heading out to San Juan Friday for the Adventure Southern Caribbean sailing. Sounds like you are a big ship fan now.

I have stated on many occasions that I am NOT American, that I have never given a CUSTOMS AGENT (i.e. not an employee at check-in) attitude, and never would, and finally, that I don't fly anymore, thus depriving myself of the pleasures of European destinations.

I take it that reading comprehension is a problem for some of you, so I'm done.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk