Main Dining room Lobster Night ?

thunter1224

Thank You .. I am looking at a page of their menus.. and I see it as an add on for an extra fee ? I remember free lobsters on 1 or 2 nights of a long cruise .. I also see where people have posted that they had 6-7 dinners on that night .. and am wondering if thats why its an add on now ?

Cold water lobster is an add on any night.

One night, typically the second formal night, there is warm water lobster (no claws) served for no additional charge.

On Grandeur the end of August, the waiters placed extra orders (without being asked), and provided an initial plate of 2 lobster tails, and then brought a third while you were eating the first two. And if you wanted more, they would bring them.

I did a surf and turf, and ordered the prime rib and lobster, and still got two lobsters. I was stuffed, but I ate them. :)

Thank You .. I am looking at a page of their menus.. and I see it as an add on for an extra fee ? I remember free lobsters on 1 or 2 nights of a long cruise .. I also see where people have posted that they had 6-7 dinners on that night .. and am wondering if thats why its an add on now ?

There is free lobster on (at least) one night of the cruise.

Yes...there most certainly is a lobster night. We had a nice surprise on the Freedom in January 2017...we didn't feel like doing the formal night, but knew it was lobster night....so we said, "oh well...we will just have to miss our lobster this time"...we go to the Windjammer only to discover that they served Lobster that night as well...along with cook to order steak and salmon....We were happy as 2 pigs in a blanket...almost literally.

Question: Does anyone know if the Windjammer does that on all lobster nights? Fleet wide? We will be on Navigator in January 2018 and we are hoping they do, because we have no plans to do formal night.

I was on Allure in Aug 2017. I ate mainly in the Coastal Kitchen but checked the MDR menu each day. I may have missed it but didn't spot the lobster day when lobster tails are served. I also didn't see it on the menu in the Coastal Kitchen.

I did have lobster in my meals on 3 occasions, the most memorable was the lobster and fennel soup starter. Still disappointed as I was looking out for the lobster tail usually served as a main.

Might be the case that I wasn't so observant and missed it. If that is the case, hopefully someone will jump in and correct me.

Question: Does anyone know if the Windjammer does that on all lobster nights? Fleet wide? We will be on Navigator in January 2018 and we are hoping they do, because we have no plans to do formal night.

I'd like to know this as well. This, being our 9th cruise, we're kind of over the MDR, and want to travel light and not worry about getting dressed for a 2 hour dinner. We've enjoyed it at times in the past, but we're looking forward to a "simpler" cruise this time. I've been wondering if the lobster is available in the WindJammer. I'm sure like with anything else, if you make nice with the waitstaff, they'll help you out, but it would be nice to know if it's available without a special request.

I'd like to know this as well. This, being our 9th cruise, we're kind of over the MDR, and want to travel light and not worry about getting dressed for a 2 hour dinner. We've enjoyed it at times in the past, but we're looking forward to a "simpler" cruise this time. I've been wondering if the lobster is available in the WindJammer. I'm sure like with anything else, if you make nice with the waitstaff, they'll help you out, but it would be nice to know if it's available without a special request.

We were on Oasis last month and our lobster night was on Thursday. Friday night they had lobster tails in Windjammer. I'm thinking it was leftovers maybe? It might depend on what they have leftover and when you go to Windjammer, possibly a first come first serve thing? We went about 6:00 that evening.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Just remember the Free Lobster is only the Tail, it is not a full Lobster.

They are warm water lobster. AKA longusta or longustino.

They don't have claws.

But I do know that some people eat the guts from the body of the lobster, but most people do not.

We were on Anthem last week and the second formal night they served a lobster tail that was included in the cruise fare.

The other nights it is available at an upcharge.

Enjoy. We love Anthem!

The ones offered for an upcharge are cold water lobster, the ones with claws.

On the cruise ship, typically only the tail is served, not the whole lobster.

As MANY people have stated.

But WHY do you care? The warm water lobsters don't have claws, so nothing forward of the tail is eaten by most people.

As MANY people have stated.

But WHY do you care? The warm water lobsters don't have claws, so nothing forward of the tail is eaten by most people.

Because you stated previously that some people eat the guts which is not possible when all you get is the tail. Now if you go for the up charge Maine lobster you get the whole thing and yes, many people like the body meat, roe and liver.