Staying on ship a little longer when cruise ends

lovesnow

Anthomaniac nailed it. You can stay on as long as you like. All you have to do is keep booking the next cruise. B2B2B2B2B . . .

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We're headed out for a b2b next month on a w med cruise then transatlantic on NCL epic. Heard we have to get off the ship and get back on. Anyone go through this? Sure would be nice no to have to!

We're headed out for a b2b next month on a w med cruise then transatlantic on NCL epic. Heard we have to get off the ship and get back on. Anyone go through this? Sure would be nice no to have to!

I've done it both ways. I've only done one NCL and it was B2B, but I honestly don't remember if we had to get off. You usually do have to get off. The most common way we've done it is where they take all transit passengers (staying on for next cruise) off together after all disembarking pax are off. They have to scan everyone off to show a zero passenger count. Then they bring all transits back on together to scan on for the new cruise before any new pax are allowed to board. Depending on the itinerary and port, you might have to also do customs and border check. I have not done it on a med cruise though so someone else can probably give a more specific answer for that region.

Depends on where the turn around Day takes place

I did a back to back in October of 2008. I was the only B2B passenger and I did not have to leave the ship. The downside to this was I had to wait until after boarding to get my new sail and sign card. When my friends boarded for the second leg they were nice enough to buy me a beer!

Candi

• 1 month later...

I’m on a back to to back now. Western Med then transatlantic. We did not have to get off and didn’t in Barcelona. Just changed rooms when it was ready. Of course had to get a new key card at 9am at the desk

Thanks for the replies. I guess we will find out!

What are you going to find out?

Every single passenger has to be off the ship in order to board the next group.

You can stay on until last call of your current sailing (usually around 10am). That's what we do.

I believe if you purchase Faster to the Fun (FTTF) you can choose to disembark with the last group. (Maybe not necessary to purchase) So, you technically don't get extra time on the ship, but you can get the maximum ship time possible without stowing away.

On our last cruise we disembarked with the last group. It was very relaxing to sit up on the rear pool deck and not fight the crowds getting off. We did not pay extra. The only drawback was the the shuttle to our off-site parking was already transporting passengers for the next cruise so it was slow arriving.

What are you going to find out?

Every single passenger has to be off the ship in order to board the next group.

You can stay on until last call of your current sailing (usually around 10am). That's what we do.

That was a earlier post while we are still on the 7 Day western med cruise. Now we’re on day 10 still 3 to go on the same ship (Epic) We did not get off in Barcelona and could pretty much go where we wanted.on the ship. We hung out in the atrium and had some drinks. They gave us a sticker that you stuck on your shirt that said. Still vacationing back to back cruisers, so the crew knew we could still be on board. We never left the ship in Barcelona.