Rita's Cantina......big waste of space

cowboygene

Just off the Allure and often walked the boardwalk at different times.

Never saw more that two tables occupied at any one time.

RCCL should change the venue to something more popular and affordable.

Just my two cents.

Rita's was replaced by Sabor. Sabor on Allure wasn't great when we sailed in May.

Totally agree!! IMHO on Radiance class Rita's is a huge mistake! Mostly I see pax using the seats as an overflow for the WJ. Need to turn it back into outside seating for the WJ and do away with the waste of yet another unused "pay to eat" venue.

Totally agree!! IMHO on Radiance class Rita's is a huge mistake! Mostly I see pax using the seats as an overflow for the WJ. Need to turn it back into outside seating for the WJ and do away with the waste of yet another unused "pay to eat" venue.

I thought you were on chrome timeout:D

We accidently used it for our Windjammer lunches just to find a seat. The door was always open and did not realize it was a paid restaurant on Serenade. They never said anything to us as we had the drink package and used the bar in there a lot as it was never busy.:halo: Never saw anyone order from there on an 11 night cruise at least during lunch.

Just my two cents.

Sabor (formerly Rita's) recently switched from a la carte pricing to a per-person cover charge. But even when a la carte there were rarely more than 3-4 tables. Too bad they wont to an included restaurant a la Carnival. Wouldn't be difficult to increase everyone's fare 2-5 per person to cover the cost of the "free" food.

Sabor (formerly Rita's) recently switched from a la carte pricing to a per-person cover charge. But even when a la carte there were rarely more than 3-4 tables. Too bad they wont to an included restaurant a la Carnival. Wouldn't be difficult to increase everyone's fare 2-5 per person to cover the cost of the "free" food.

Royal should improve the pizza before they delve into another eatery. But a good burger late at night for us night owls would be nice.

We accidently used it for our Windjammer lunches just to find a seat. The door was always open and did not realize it was a paid restaurant on Serenade. They never said anything to us as we had the drink package and used the bar in there a lot as it was never busy.:halo: Never saw anyone order from there on an 11 night cruise at least during lunch.

Yup, that is what we noticed also. One of those "oops...mistake" pay to eat restaurant blunders. I still miss Sea View Cafe back there just overhead.

I must be in the minority, but we loved the food at Sabor on the Allure, plus the margaritas were great. We also enjoyed the staff there. In fact one day, while eating breakfast at Johnny Rockets, one of the waiters saw us from across the boardwalk and walked over and helped serve us breakfast.

I must be in the minority, but we loved the food at Sabor on the Allure, plus the margaritas were great. We also enjoyed the staff there. In fact one day, while eating breakfast at Johnny Rockets, one of the waiters saw us from across the boardwalk and walked over and helped serve us breakfast.

I believe the OP was talking about Rita's Cantina. Quite different than Sabor.

Just my two cents.

I believe the OP was talking about Rita's Cantina. Quite different than Sabor.

islandlady you are correct, there is a big difference between the two. The issue is that the Rita's on Allure hasn't been since here dry dock over 2 years ago. It is actually Sabor. That is where and why there is confusion in this thread.

People are chiming about in about Radiance on this thread as it was the only ship left that had a Rita's. When in Alaska it turned into Rita's Crab Shack. This Alaskan cruise season it has closed on Radiance and has turned into extra seating and I have read reports of then serving craft Alaskan Beer from the bar. As of last week it still showed Rita's on RC deck plans of Radiance.

islandlady you are correct, there is a big difference between the two. The issue is that the Rita's on Allure hasn't been since here dry dock over 2 years ago. It is actually Sabor. That is where and why there is confusion in this thread.

People are chiming about in about Radiance on this thread as it was the only ship left that had a Rita's. When in Alaska it turned into Rita's Crab Shack. This Alaskan cruise season it has closed on Radiance and has turned into extra seating and I have read reports of then serving craft Alaskan Beer from the bar. As of last week it still showed Rita's on RC deck plans of Radiance.

That was indeed a smart move...thanks for the update! :)

On Radiance Alaska last year, I noticed Rita's was still there but very unused except for unintended overflow seating for the WJ.

• 2 weeks later...

Just my two cents.

No Rita's Cantina on the Allure. Hasn't been for a few years now.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Yes and as of last evening it is still advertising Rita's Crab Shack on the TV's at Guest Services, and we are in the South Pacific !

Serenade had Rita's Cantina in May. Probably going away in upcoming drydock

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

We (my wife, two teen boys and myself) are just off Serenade -- our 2nd time on Serenade within the last 14 months -- and went to Rita's because we didn't try it on our last cruise. We won't be disappointed if it goes away when the ship goes into drydock. We showed up around 7:45 pm midweek (Thursday night I think) and there was only one other group there. We got one basket of chips to start, and ordered a guacamole/chips appetizer that came with 4 chips stuck in it, with no more available. They ran out of chips! I mean seriously, how can you call yourself a Tex-Mex restaurant and not be able to provide chips? We ended up having to use the guacamole in our meals in order to finish what we ordered.

Also, I was on the deluxe drink package and was charged for at least one of my margaritas -- which I of course did not notice until the last day because you no longer get interim statements and the TV-based invoice system was not functioning.