Guaranteed Cabins. What did you get? Would you do it again?

Stockjock

Search for available inventory on RCI's UK site. Though it is a very good indicator of inventory, other cabins may be available but not shown. As of now I see 16 D1s available. The ship also has a D2 category for balconies but none showing available now. My guess, you'll get a D1.

thanks for this tip-I didn't know I could check via that site too! I'll try to wait patiently.

Several times booked a Inside GTY and received a better cabin. In our Splendour OTS British isles and Norwegian Fjords received a Ocean view, During our Rhapsody OTS Caribbean cruise received a AFT Balcony, during our Oasis cruise received a Board Walk view, and now in our Celebrity Eclipse received a veranda CAT 2C.

Always booked with a TA, she always make this upgrades for us, not always have been lucky in other cruises I received the inside.

Booked an Inside GTY on Freedom OTS. Got an inside on deck 9, forward. Satisfied. Not a bad location. Was hoping for an Oceanview, but didn't expect it. Saved $700 from the choose your location rate.

Was more successful in getting an oceanview with an inside GTY on Carnival.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Neither good or bad - you'll likely end up with a JS.

Will be just fine with me!! :) As far as I know, there are no bad JS cabins

on Oasis. I just don't need an ADA JS, as previous poster mentioned. I

would hate also to take away that cabin for someone that would need it. :o

I always book a JS cabin anyway, but was unable to choose a cabin due

to late booking with JS guarantee (confirmed W now) as the only choice

available at that time. Spin the wheel! ;)

... Add in: Tried using that automated set up...did not work well for me, but call was answered

right away with using D+ desk. She is sending my confirmation, just waiting on that.

Thanks again! :)

Ellen probably used the automated number too many times and broke it.

We will look at guarantee pricing for most every cruise except a B2B. We select a category ( Balcony, JS, suite, OV etc) we want and generally don't care about the location. In most, if not every case, we were assigned the guarantee main category we booked. By that I mean we have never been assigned a balcony when we booked an OV guarantee, or a suite if we booked a balcony guarantee. We have often been assigned the lowest section in the main category, but that is OK.

If location is at all important - I would advise NOT to book a guarantee.

M

We booked a last minute cruise at a great price for an inside guarantee. We were nervous as we had only sailed in balcony or junior suites. We were assigned an inside promenade room and it was just fine.

For our planned cruises I probably won't book a guarantee again since location is important to us. I like to be on a lower deck (deck 6 on Voyager and Freedom class) and close to the mid-ship elevators.

We booked a last minute cruise at a great price for an inside guarantee. We were nervous as we had only sailed in balcony or junior suites. We were assigned an inside promenade room and it was just fine.

For our planned cruises I probably won't book a guarantee again since location is important to us. I like to be on a lower deck (deck 6 on Voyager and Freedom class) and close to the mid-ship elevators.

What did you think about the promenade cabin? I’ve never tried one, but I’ve considered it.

Originally posted by dplusd We booked a last minute cruise at a great price for an inside guarantee. We were nervous as we had only sailed in balcony or junior suites. We were assigned an inside promenade room and it was just fine.

We had a promenade cabin on The Adventure of the Seas out of Puerto Rico a few years ago. We were concerned because prior to that cruise, ,we had always gotten a balcony. But having a window view to the promenade deck, kept us from feeling closed in. Just kept the curtain slightly open while we slept. Woud do it again if we needed to.

• 2 months later...
Still waiting for my cabin allocation on Jewel in April/18.

Nice price drop yesterday that I called in for.

Any more guarantee stories?

We got assigned a decent inside cabin on deck 4 after about 10 days but prices dropped so much on Black Friday weekend we were able to switch to a balcony guarantee for the same price. We were assigned cabin 1000 very front of the ship. Called in and changed to 1516 which we are looking forward to.

Booked and X guarantee and ended up with a great D6 balcony on deck 11. Two other couples did this with us and one ended up near our cabin, but the other was at the opposite end of the ship. We were able to move them to a room near us also. All three cabins were D6.

Saved a lot of money doing this and we all agree that we would do it again.

Happy sails to you,

Did it first time as an upgrade before final payment to a GTY Neighbourhood balcony and got a Boardwalk balcony which was brill as it included the soda package. Got 12293 and would look to do it again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk