HARMONY LIVE - Yorkvillain, A&L_Ont, CruiseLifeRick & maureencruiser (9/30/17)

As I am sitting here collecting my thoughts about this cruise, I am thankful to report that my swollen ankles almost look normal again. I knew I should have gone to the fat ankle seminar on day 6, as they would have been better immediately. Obviously it had nothing to do with salty food, standing in the flow rider line for hours on end or the abuse that they took while riding the wave. Next cruise, on embarkation day, I am going straight to the spa and requesting a jar of cankle cream so it can be applied in copious amounts.

Obviously I like Harmony, as I have been on the ship 3 times in under 11 months - with another cruise booked on her for this March. I will do a second quick review of our Star Class experience in the next few days, however it will be separate of this thread.

The shows this go around for us were limited. I enjoyed the Fine Line and the Comedy show was stolen by Simeon. What we did see was well worth it.

The Trivia was great, well except for the odd host that you could not totally understand. We attended more trivia than ever, and when you are on an undefeated team, it is hard not to enjoy it. Tim and Courtney absolutely rock. You either have to be on their team or just walk away. To quote the great Ricky Bobby, "if you ain't first, you're last". If you ever sail with them, be prepared to waive the white flag.

The food, as always is subjective. Some was better than others, but it was very good across the board. Especially the meat and dessert plank at Jamie's.

Sports staff on deck 15 and flowrider were amazing as always.

We did not encounter hard sells anywhere on the ship. As for lines, we only found one at Hibachi, and it was short lived. There was also a small one while we tried to disembark at Cozumel. I blame the people who were trying to come back onto the ship less than an hour after being docked. Perhaps they were buying blue pills and needed to get back on their cabin immediately?!?!

Genie, Cabin and Stewards. Perfect.

The people on the ship. Folks say kids are the ones that barge on the elevator before the others get off. They just might, but I can honestly say that the adults were aweful this cruise at it. The only time it didn't happen was after midnight. Then there was "that guy". "That" being the guy that was everywhere on the cruise and had the personality which made him "the nemesis". It didn't matter where you were, he was there. Beside me in the flowrider line, at trivia, at the pool, finish the lyric, the quest etc... Since he was from Florida at least he didn't follow any of us home. Right Courtney?

On that note, I need to thank Rick for providing a cruise with the least amount of sleep that I have had in years. I never knew that so much went on after 11pm. Almost tapped out a few times but kept going enjoying events like The Red Party, The Quest, the 90s Dance Party to which I even joined the Congo line, and the Silent Dance Party again with me dancing. Loved it. Edd to add, don't forget to go to the progressively worse karaoke. It's a provider of more laughs than anything.

Embarkation and disembarking went as smooth as possible. I'm glad to see that Maureen, Rhonda and Heather all made it back in Cozumel. From the video proof it is nice to know that they aren't currently working the street corners of Cozumel.

Over all score. I give this cruise a 9 out of 10. However I need to add the The Spinal Tap factor. It was the people we cruised that gave it that extra push and turned the actual score up to 11.

I look forward to the day that I can sail with any or all of them again.

Head number two.

Andrew

Edited by A&L_Ont

As I am sitting here collecting my thoughts about this cruise, I am thankful to report that my swollen ankles almost look normal again. I knew I should have gone to the fat ankle seminar on day 6, as they would have been better immediately. Obviously it had nothing to do with salty food, standing in the flow rider line for hours on end or the abuse that they took while riding the wave. Next cruise, on embarkation day, I am going straight to the spa and requesting a jar of cankle cream so it can be applied in copious amounts.

Obviously I like Harmony, as I have been on the ship 3 times in under 11 months - with another cruise booked on her for this March. I will do a second quick review of our Star Class experience in the next few days, however it will be separate of this thread.

The shows this go around for us were limited. I enjoyed the Fine Line and the Comedy show was stolen by Simeon. What we did see was well worth it.

The Trivia was great, well except for the odd host that you could not totally understand. We attended more trivia than ever, and when you are on an undefeated team, it is hard not to enjoy it. Tim and Courtney absolutely rock. You either have to be on their team or just walk away. To quote the great Ricky Bobby, "if you ain't first, you're last". If you ever sail with them, be prepared to waive the white flag.

The food, as always is subjective. Some was better than others, but it was very good across the board. Especially the meat and dessert plank at Jamie's.

Sports staff on deck 15 and flowrider were amazing as always.

We did not encounter hard sells anywhere on the ship. As for lines, we only found one at Hibachi, and it was short lived. There was also a small one while we tried to disembark at Cozumel. I blame the people who were trying to come back onto the ship less than an hour after being docked. Perhaps they were buying blue pills and needed to get back on their cabin immediately?!?!

Genie, Cabin and Stewards. Perfect.

The people on the ship. Folks say kids are the ones that barge on the elevator before the others get off. They just might, but I can honestly say that the adults were aweful this cruise at it. The only time it didn't happen was after midnight. Then there was "that guy". "That" being the guy that was everywhere on the cruise and had the personality which made him "the nemesis". It didn't matter where you were, he was there. Beside me in the flowrider line, at trivia, at the pool, finish the lyric, the quest etc... Since he was from Florida at least he didn't follow any of us home. Right Courtney?

On that note, I need to thank Rick for providing a cruise with the least amount of sleep that I have had in years. I never knew that so much went on after 11pm. Almost tapped out a few times but kept going enjoying events like The Red Party, The Quest, the 90s Dance Party to which I even joined the Congo line, and the Silent Dance Party again with me dancing. Loved it. Edd to add, don't forget to go to the progressively worse karaoke. It's a provider of more laughs than anything.

Embarkation and disembarking went as smooth as possible. I'm glad to see that Maureen, Rhonda and Heather all made it back in Cozumel. From the video proof it is nice to know that they aren't currently working the street corners of Cozumel.

Over all score. I give this cruise a 9 out of 10. However I need to add the The Spinal Tap factor. It was the people we cruised that gave it that extra push and turned the actual score up to 11.

I look forward to the day that I can sail with any or all of them again.

Head number two.

Andrew

I am so glad I'm not the only one who gets cankles on a cruise. I blame the heat and humidity.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Forums mobile app

I am so glad I'm not the only one who gets cankles on a cruise. I blame the heat and humidity.

My wife blames the ship's water. She does not get them anymore since she started drinking bottled water on the ship.

My wife blames the ship's water. She does not get them anymore since she started drinking bottled water on the ship.

Bob, thanks for the tip. Lol, I drank some bottled water but had my share of bottled Corona.

Now, listen here, you whippersnapper! I'll have to teach you respect and compassion for the elderly and the infirm. Where's 55work2play when I need her, him, her?? :loudcry::loudcry:

Gee, thanks! I think this looks more like us, though.

7243209.jpg?733

It's okay Maureen I (she) have your back. He will take it back as seeing as how you have recovered I'm sure he will enjoy your posts and pics to see exactly what you were up to while missing in action.

I myself did not get through your posts and videos yet but have now. Hilarious - I knew you wouldn't disappoint.

Edited by #55worktoplay

Thank you to the 4-headed monster for sharing your swollen ankles, Flowrider escapades, late night parties, mahhhhgaritas, photo shoots, and trivia blowouts with us -- it was all good. We had a blast shoreside.

But how will Little Ricky feel when you and Lisa need a break from the "kids" and you leave them both at home for another cruise?

... I'd love to see a video montage of the adventures of Little Ricky and Owen left at home, though perhaps Andrew and Lisa may not!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Forums mobile app

Much enjoyed reading this multi faceted review and comments. Also educational -- are 'cankies' swollen ankles?

I googled and got Canadian-Yankee Someone who is both Canadian and American??

Much enjoyed reading this multi faceted review and comments. Also educational -- are 'cankies' swollen ankles?

I googled and got Canadian-Yankee Someone who is both Canadian and American??

Yep, swollen ankles.

Loved it all !! The pictures, videos, commentary was all great. Thanks to all of you for posting and taking us along. It helps to keep us entertained while we wait for our own cruise date to get here. Only 55 days now !!

How is everyone doing today? I’m not depressed at all.

Busy planning my next cruise.

Looks like both Owen and Rick like their models. Maybe they are brothers from a another mother.

c0df49bbdb72173db6a959d60aff46fb.jpg

Look, the flow rider is right there.

35d33302ddb99b28d7be73128766dbdb.jpg

:ship:Did any of all you all or notice anybody using the Mobile Passport app (

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2551957)?:ship:

I used it, but I didn’t notice any time savings/efficiency at disembarkation, but what do I know. I guess it makes the customs form idiot proof and ensures all information is properly filled out prior to getting to the agent.

I used it, but I didn’t notice any time savings/efficiency at disembarkation, but what do I know. I guess it makes the customs form idiot proof and ensures all information is properly filled out prior to getting to the agent.

I don't know if it is coming to all ports but we didn't have custom forms to fill out in Galveston the September 3, 2017 cruise just show them your passport.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I don't know if it is coming to all ports but we didn't have custom forms to fill out in Galveston the September 3, 2017 cruise just show them your passport.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I believe this to be a Nationwide change. We haven’t filled out US Customs forms for a while. It took effect in Spring. Even coming back from Europe. Trusted Traveler (Global Passport) makes it nice coming back into the country (airports). JFK was a breeze.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I believe this to be a Nationwide change. We haven’t filled out US Customs forms for a while. It took effect in Spring. Even coming back from Europe. Trusted Traveler (Global Passport) makes it nice coming back into the country (airports). JFK was a breeze.

Well I was born in Fort Lauderdale and as much as one would think I’m an alien, I don’t think “nationwide” is accurate.

Many ports continue to require the form in either electronic or paper form.

In arriving at JFK from Amsterdam last week, I still had to respond to the usual CBP questionnaire, albeit it was electronic via the Global Entry kiosk. Mobile Passport is just one additional electronic form of responding to the CBP questionnaire.

I do agree that this country is moving towards the European model of declaring or not declaring (subject to inspection) honor system as is the case in the Port of Miami, but we are from there yet as a “nation.”

Well I was born in Fort Lauderdale and as much as one would think I’m an alien, I don’t think “nationwide” is accurate.

Many ports continue to require the form in either electronic or paper form.

In arriving at JFK from Amsterdam last week, I still had to respond to the usual CBP questionnaire, albeit it was electronic via the Global Entry kiosk. Mobile Passport is just one additional electronic form of responding to the CBP questionnaire.

I do agree that this country is moving towards the European model of declaring or not declaring (subject to inspection) honor system as is the case in the Port of Miami, but we are from there yet as a “nation.”

Your absolutely correct...

I did answer the electronic questions at the kiosk (JFK). It scanned my passport and my fingerprints and then printed a receipt (my words) that I presented to the Customs Agent. I don’t remember the specific questions.

We have been on 3 cruises since Spring out of Florida and we have not had to fill out anything.

Your absolutely correct...

I did answer the electronic questions at the kiosk (JFK). It scanned my passport and my fingerprints and then printed a receipt (my words) that I presented to the Customs Agent. I don’t remember the specific questions.

We have been on 3 cruises since Spring out of Florida and we have not had to fill out anything.

Yup, same questions as collected on form.

We didn’t have to fill out customs forms at Port Canaveral in July either. I downloaded the mobile passport app but the passports were manually inspected there.

This was my confusion as well, the mobile passport app only takes place of the form. The physical passport must still be presented to the customs agent.

This was my confusion as well, the mobile passport app only takes place of the form. The physical passport must still be presented to the customs agent.

Yes, even with the App you must still present Passport. Only value to me is if Mobile Passport line is shorter. PC doesn’t yet use Mobile Passport unless it has changed.