Crown & Anchor and Celebrity Captains club

Hi,

We've started to accumulate some healthy points on RCI which has taken us up to the dizzy heights of Emerald :D

We have also cruised with Celebrity which as you probably know is the sister company.

Whenever we spoken the each of the loyalty reps of each company they have told us that sailing with either company counts towards each loyalty package, yes?

:confused: So if I added my Celebrity points to my RCI that would make me Diamond :cool: but how do I do this ?

Hi,

We've started to accumulate some healthy points on RCI which has taken us up to the dizzy heights of Emerald :D

We have also cruised with Celebrity which as you probably know is the sister company.

Whenever we spoken the each of the loyalty reps of each company they have told us that sailing with either company counts towards each loyalty package, yes?

:confused: So if I added my Celebrity points to my RCI that would make me Diamond :cool: but how do I do this ?

Nope. :cool:

Once you have enough points for Diamond on Royal, Celebrity will give you Elite benefits. Or.... if you get to Elite on Celebrity, Royal will give you Diamond benefits... but that is it... you must EARN your points on either line to advance past that, and you start at zero for counting towards the next level. I sail both lines almost equally. about 24 nights a year on each line... I am not moving up very fast. I just reached Diamond Plus on Royal, but I am only about half way to Elite Plus on Celebrity because they don't reciprocate the points.

Is this a one time thing to get you to cruise with them? Do they want you to sign up with them as well? Does RCCL do the same with other cruise lines?

I believe you can keep the status if you cruise often enough. There's no signing up - you already are when they match the RCI status. No.

Is this a one time thing to get you to cruise with them? Do they want you to sign up with them as well? Does RCCL do the same with other cruise lines?

Royal does not do the matching except with Celebrity. I was led to believe that MSC matches any cruise lines status and you get to keep it. Yes, you sign up with MSC and supply your C/A #

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Hi,

nope. you are understanding incorrectly.

your status on one equates to a status on the other but you do not combine points between liens to get a higher status.

The problem with the notion of "Why don't they combine the points from both programs?" is that this would create far too many Diamond and Elite members. The Diamond/Elite lounges are already busting at the seams past capacity on most cruises. They created a lot of the problems when they first began the current reciprocity. Think of, say, the number of actual Elite passengers on a typical Celebrity cruise--those with the point equivalent of approximately ten cruises only on Celebrity. But now add in all the passengers who have maybe been on zero to 9 Celebrity cruises but have achieved Diamond status on RCCL--which has two and a half times the number of ships and maybe five times the passenger capacity. A lot of extra eligible "Elite" passengers.

If they changed it to a combined point total rather than the current set-up, think of all of the extra passengers who may be nowhere close to Diamond or Elite status on either line, but make it "combined"... It would balloon the numbers in the Diamond/Elite lounges to the point where they just couldn't come close to holding them or serving them...

And you are hearing this from someone who is far above the threshold for Elite Plus, but just short of the points for Diamond Plus. If I'd just taken a couple of my Celebrity cruises on RCCL instead, I'd be Diamond Plus there as well. But, really, what all that valuable do I really get at the next level? I don't pick cruises to chase loyalty points...I choose each cruise on its own merits for the cruise itself. Sooner or later, the points will take care of themselves. And, always remember, the cruise lines can restructure these programs any time they want...

We are in the same situation as the OP . We are Elite Plus with Celebrity ; But ,just Diamond on Royal; ships .We are now doing more Royal Caribbean cruises & shortly will achieve diamond Plus :)

You must cruise quite a bit. I've been cruising Royal for 8 years and just now getting close to D+. With only one cruise on Celebrity, I doubt I will ever approach Elite Plus.