New Steakhouse Menu (October 2017)

Are you on one of the test ships? If not you could be in luck - Also this may/may not be the complete menu so you might still be able to get the Cheesecake!

Get slice at coffee bar like $5 and huge. We get one and eat on it for 3 days

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Saying that you will miss something from the old menu isn’t “complaining or refusing to adapt.” It’s merely stating a fact. Yes, I will miss the cheesecake. I liked the cheesecake! But the new chocolate sphere thing and the prepared at the table dessert are intriguing. Perhaps I will like them better than the cheesecake, but there is an equal possibility that I will not.

I don’t understand why some people feel the need to put down other people or make scathing remarks simply because the other person likes what has been taken away.

New is not ALWAYS good, and old is not always bad. I think we’ve all seen new things over the years that didn’t work as planned (new Coke, anyone?) and I’m quite sure everyone has, or knows someone who has an old car or appliance that’s still clunking away better than a newer one.

I think we should celebrate our differences instead of trying to make everyone want exactly what we want.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Some of the additions we would try and some we would not but happy to see the changes

I wasn’t speaking to people like you. I was speaking to the many people that have stated they are canceling their reservation now that the menu has been altered slightly. Most of those people probably aren’t even really booked on a carnival cruise right now or have never cruised to begin with. They are here to bash a brand regardless of what that brand does.

It’s comments like “Walmart of the seas” or “this is why I never sail carnival” I see these all the time on this, the Carnival Cruise message board. If these people hate carnival so much I just don’t understand why they are obsessed with patrolling and finding out everything Carnival does. You can disagree with moves or decisions Carnival makes but you simply can’t ignore the things they add when something is removed. Adding bone marrow & beef tartar, pork belly, and fresh shucked oysters are 100% upgrades to what was removed. You can debate that and I know it’s all opinion but, from a culinary standpoint, they are upgrades. Adding A5 beef is an upgrade. Adding Dover Sole and removing Sea Bass is the humane sustainable option. As for the cheesecake. While many seemed to enjoy it, the sphere and the art at your table seem to be far more intriguing and frankly, less boring, options.

Oh I’ve seen those people too. Mostly they are not worth bothering with. They are just doing it for the attention. We chose Viking for our river cruise and the same kind of people are over there bashing Viking - and most have never sailed with Viking. I’ve given up trying to argue with them.

I agree with you about the Sea bass - though it is so tasty [emoji39]. Dover sole is a more sustainable choice.

Some additions could be considered upgrades, but only if it’s something a diner likes. What’s boring to some is an old friend to others. I just think we need to cut each other some slack when it comes to things like this. And we should just ignore those grumbling for grumbling’s sake. Some people are genuinely disappointed when their favorite gets taken away. I have a feeling that, like the shrimp cocktail, that cheesecake will be back [emoji12]

Now if they stop selling the Fun Ship Special on embarkation day, I’m never sailing with Carnival again! [emoji12]. You don’t mess with tradition!

Edited by Cyber Kat

... I have a feeling that, like the shrimp cocktail, that cheesecake will be back [emoji12]

Some out there still haven't got over the removal of the Porterhouse steak from the menu - and that's been several years now!

It's a give and take. I miss some things, but they're now offering so many new items... those will keep me busy for a time ! :D

Tom

Totally off topic but look forward to your Magic review if you do one. It will hold me over as I am counting down till Nov 4th for the Vista. Have planned to go to the steakhouse for the first time ever this cruise so look forward to your take on the changes.[/quote

Of course I will be doing a review with plenty of pictures. Doing a B2B on the Magic, then a cruise on the Elation so we won't be back home until late October. Enjoy your cruise on the Vista. :cool:

Sorry to be off topic again, but could you do your review on the Magic ASAP, like immediately after you step foot in the door? I leave on Magic Nov 11. You didn't have anything else planned to do, right? ;p:D

Some out there still haven't got over the removal of the Porterhouse steak from the menu - and that's been several years now!

It's a give and take. I miss some things, but they're now offering so many new items... those will keep me busy for a time ! :D

Tom

Still miss the porterhouse. But oh well.

Still miss the porterhouse. But oh well.

I’m guessing Carnival doesn’t consult you either when they make changes [emoji38]. They never asked me before removing all the tablecloths. So rude [emoji12]. And I miss hearing the ding when they put your card in the slot (and one would think with all the bells and whistles on tablets and similar devices that they could at least add a sound effect)

Oh well' date=' I think I’ll survive [emoji33'] and continue to cruise! What can you do?

I’m guessing Carnival doesn’t consult you either when they make changes [emoji38]. They never asked me before removing all the tablecloths. So rude [emoji12]. And I miss hearing the ding when they put your card in the slot (and one would think with all the bells and whistles on tablets and similar devices that they could at least add a sound effect)

Oh well, I think I’ll survive [emoji33] and continue to cruise! What can you do?

We did the behind the fun tour right after they eliminated the porterhouse. When we got to the steakhouse asked the head chef why the porterhouse was killed.

He said that they could get it to meet their specifications. I said guess that

means cost was too high right. And he smiled.

We did the behind the fun tour right after they eliminated the porterhouse. When we got to the steakhouse asked the head chef why the porterhouse was killed.

He said that they could get it to meet their specifications. I said guess that

means cost was too high right. And he smiled.

Yeah - that’s pretty much what I thought. It’s always about the money. Much as I love a porterhouse' date=' it was too much for me to eat. I need the smaller ones. I mostly do Surf and Turf.

Yeah - that’s pretty much what I thought. It’s always about the money. Much as I love a porterhouse, it was too much for me to eat. I need the smaller ones. I mostly do Surf and Turf.

A couple of times Cheryl has asked for the smaller (5 oz. ?) filet which comes with the Surf & Turf, as she was not hungry enough to tackle the larger one which comes on its own. Each time they said that they could not, as each of the smaller ones were paired with the lobster tails, and doing so would cause them issues with their count.

I'd have thought that asking for a smaller one would be something they'd jump on (in order to realize a savings), but I suppose it's more trouble that it's worth.

Tom

A couple of times Cheryl has asked for the smaller (5 oz. ?) filet which comes with the Surf & Turf, as she was not hungry enough to tackle the larger one which comes on its own. Each time they said that they could not, as each of the smaller ones were paired with the lobster tails, and doing so would cause them issues with their count.

I'd have thought that asking for a smaller one would be something they'd jump on (in order to realize a savings), but I suppose it's more trouble that it's worth.

Tom

Same reason that when you ask for a second helping and please hold the sides easier for them to bring the complete dish sides included.

Originally John Heald said the new menu is already on the Dream class ships but later I think I read where he was mistaken. My DH and I will be on the Dream the 5th of November. Does anyone know if we will be able to enjoy this new menu?

I know its the 'Steakhouse' but does anyone know how the chicken is? I'm not a big steak or seafood eater, but was just wondering about the chicken.

If you go to the Steakhouse cooking demo (free), one is of the dishes is a really great chicken dish. Could be that’s the one they have added. If so, it was delish!

OK gang!! We are currently on the Magic and we ate at the Steakhouse tonight, so I'll give you the lowdown on the new menu and the changes in service that go along with it. Let me just say up front that we enjoyed the experience so much that we made another reservation for next week since we weren't planning on going again. You have seen the menu changes so I won't have to name them here.

First off, gone is the entree presentation. You are given your menu to ponder over, and after you are served your water, drinks or wine, you will place your order. Of course the servers will answer any questions you may have regarding the menu.

Shortly after you will still receive an amuse-bouche from the Chef. Ours tonight was chilled tomato soup.

I ordered two appetizers tonight since I wanted to try some of the new ones, I had the stuffed mushroom caps and the pork belly. Both were simply excellent! Patti chose to have the French onion soup.

Then the servers will give you a presentation of sea salts, so that you can tell the chef which one he will use in cooking your entree. There is a choice between 6 different sea salts. I never knew that there were that many varieties!

We both had the Caesar salad which was prepared for us fresh, but not at table side. They have a station set up where they prepare the salads.

The entrees are delivered to your table in iron skillets, and the servers plate your entrees at the table. Nicely done! Another server will be there with your sides and sauces, etc. As always, I had the spice rubbed ribeye, and Patti had the lobster.

For dessert Patti ordered the fruit plate, and when she asked if it could be plated so she could take it back to the room, they said that they are not allowed to do that anymore. That's the one bummer. I chose to try the chocolate sphere and was not disappointed. It is a chocolate ball with good stuff inside. When it is served to you, the server will pour warm chocolate sauce over the ball until it melts and cracks open. It's a really sweet and decadent dessert.

So there you have it. I may have forgotten a few minor points, but like I said we'll be back next week. Of course we have tons of pictures but the internet sucks so there's no chance of getting them uploaded to my hosting site.

Let me know if you have any questions and I'll try to get back and answer them. Ciao for now! :cool:

Thanks so much for the update! I am two weeks away from the Sunshine and I am hoping that it is still the old menu, not because I have a problem with changing menus, just that I am bringing new Carnival cruisers with me and want them to taste the old and then get to taste the new next time!

The presentation sounds fun! And I love that chocolate melting sphere thing! Enjoy your trip and I will look for pictures when you get back!

OK gang!! We are currently on the Magic and we ate at the Steakhouse tonight, so I'll give you the lowdown on the new menu and the changes in service that go along with it. Let me just say up front that we enjoyed the experience so much that we made another reservation for next week since we weren't planning on going again. You have seen the menu changes so I won't have to name them here.

First off, gone is the entree presentation. You are given your menu to ponder over, and after you are served your water, drinks or wine, you will place your order. Of course the servers will answer any questions you may have regarding the menu.

Shortly after you will still receive an amuse-bouche from the Chef. Ours tonight was chilled tomato soup.

I ordered two appetizers tonight since I wanted to try some of the new ones, I had the stuffed mushroom caps and the pork belly. Both were simply excellent! Patti chose to have the French onion soup.

Then the servers will give you a presentation of sea salts, so that you can tell the chef which one he will use in cooking your entree. There is a choice between 6 different sea salts. I never knew that there were that many varieties!

We both had the Caesar salad which was prepared for us fresh, but not at table side. They have a station set up where they prepare the salads.

The entrees are delivered to your table in iron skillets, and the servers plate your entrees at the table. Nicely done! Another server will be there with your sides and sauces, etc. As always, I had the spice rubbed ribeye, and Patti had the lobster.

For dessert Patti ordered the fruit plate, and when she asked if it could be plated so she could take it back to the room, they said that they are not allowed to do that anymore. That's the one bummer. I chose to try the chocolate sphere and was not disappointed. It is a chocolate ball with good stuff inside. When it is served to you, the server will pour warm chocolate sauce over the ball until it melts and cracks open. It's a really sweet and decadent dessert.

So there you have it. I may have forgotten a few minor points, but like I said we'll be back next week. Of course we have tons of pictures but the internet sucks so there's no chance of getting them uploaded to my hosting site.

Let me know if you have any questions and I'll try to get back and answer them. Ciao for now! :cool:

Sounds great - we're on the Pride in November so I wouldn't imagine that quick of a rollout.

Some might be questioning the dessert which is a bummer but I could get over it.

Sounds like the overall experience was great - let us know if you try a different steak for the next week. Very curious on the A5 Wagyu

Sent from my SM-G935T using Forums mobile app

Sounds like the overall experience was great - let us know if you try a different steak for the next week. Very curious on the A5 Wagyu

I'd like to see if someone could get a photo of that steak during the presentation (if they still do that), as I'm interested in seeing what it looks like "in the raw" !

Tom

Sounds great - we're on the Pride in November so I wouldn't imagine that quick of a rollout.

Some might be questioning the dessert which is a bummer but I could get over it.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Forums mobile app

I'd like to see if someone could get a photo of that steak during the presentation (if they still do that), as I'm interested in seeing what it looks like "in the raw" !

Tom

I plan on trying the A5 Wagyu steak next week. They no longer do the entrée presentation, (raw meats).