New Steakhouse Menu (October 2017)

You say that like it's a problem? If someone else doesn't like or want change, does it matter to the rest of us?

You read it wrong. Not a problem at all. Doesn't bother me in the slightest. Just musing how we are such creatures of habit. And that another thing with message boards....everything is taken so literally. :)

You read it wrong. Not a problem at all. Doesn't bother me in the slightest. Just musing how we are such creatures of habit. And that another thing with message boards....everything is taken so literally. :)

I didn't read it wrong, you wrote it wrong. Without facial, body, or verbal inflection, the only way the written word can be taken IS literal.

I didn't read it wrong, you wrote it wrong. Without facial, body, or verbal inflection, the only way the written word can be taken IS literal.

Lighten up dude. Why are you so angry? I'm really getting tired of adding people to my ignore list. Apparently, can't even give your opinion about FREAKING cheescake and how some folks don't like change without someone losing their mind.

I guess there will always be critics.

It is in the name of the website!

I was going to say that as well! What is it with message boards that there are those who feel the need to point out why they think everyone else is wrong for giving an opinion? And it's not just that they point it out, it's like they are some designated moral authority who feel it is their duty to the rest of the community to point out what we should or shouldn't care about.

You won't go to the steakhouse because they don't have creamed spinach, cheesecake, or whatever else...who cares. If someone can't make a comment that this exemplifies human nature and resistance to change without getting a lecture on why it should matter to any of us, then maybe those individuals would be better served on a political message board somewhere.

Edited by Keys2Heaven

And even if someone did say that they would no longer go to the Steakhouse because of the lack of cheesecake now, what would that matter to anyone else? I like what I like, they like what they like, what does it matter to me what someone else likes??

It would only make the comment that I referred to more logical. You should really quote that post, since I think you and I are in agreement. Different strokes, different folks.

It would only make the comment that I referred to more logical. You should really quote that post, since I think you and I are in agreement. Different strokes, different folks.

I was trying to add to your post because I do agree with it. My apologies for any confusion.

I was going to say that as well! What is it with message boards that there are those who feel the need to point out why they think everyone else is wrong for giving an opinion? And it's not just that they point it out, it's like they are some designated moral authority who feel it is their duty to the rest of the community to point out what we should or shouldn't care about.

You won't go to the steakhouse because they don't have creamed spinach, cheesecake, or whatever else...who cares. If someone can't make a comment that this exemplifies human nature and resistance to change without getting a lecture on why it should matter to any of us, then maybe those individuals would be better served on a political message board somewhere.

Everyone seems to be offended by something nowadays. Opinions are not allowed if they disagree!

Do you ever tip your cabin steward a bit extra (above the auto gratuities)?

Whatever portion of the $35 that goes to the waitstaff you can be sure it's minimal.

For bottles of wine we purchase in the Steakhouse I'm less inclined to leave extra, though I sometimes do. They automatically add (I don't know... 15%+) on there. The bottle is typically double (or more) its "regular" price, so since I'm already splurging a bit in vacation mode, what's a few more $'s - other than sufficient to bring a smile to someones face. :)

Heck - I've even brought some smiles to people in the deli. THANKS for making that great sandwich and being so friendly!

I worked in food service for years and can tell you that receiving an unexpected tip will put a little spring in your step for a time!

Tom

Totally agree Tom. (y)

Good to see a post from you! :)

Grow up. What makes you think anyone is talking about you?

Like I said, there are those who don't feel complete, obviously, unless they point out how others are wrong in their eyes. Been a member of a lot of forums and those folks exist on all of them. Just never know what will trigger them. In this case it's cheesecake! Lol!

For me, this recent entire discussion has gotten off the topic which was an interesting one, I thought.

Our American society has become an "angry society" on many levels. This "anger" spills over onto Cruise Critic unfortunately.

IKR! Let's get back to talking about the oysters and Wagyu!

Well....I hate to see the Lobster Ravioli MIA...it was my favorite. But I guess I was one of the few that ordered it. I love steaks, but they are way too filling for me with all of the other great food. I will have to try the Dover Sole and some new apps. I look forward to the steak house....it's a great deal and a really nice atmosphere. I also loved the cheese cake, but never had room for it and had to get it to go. Since they don't allow that anymore, I'll try one of the new desserts....even if it is just a couple of bites.

If you reserve the steakhouse before your cruise,how late can you cancel if plans change.

You can cancel anytime before the cruise. I don't believe you are charged for not showing up, but it would be courteous to notify them as soon as you can if you can't make it.

If you reserve the steakhouse before your cruise,how late can you cancel if plans change.

They have been very gracious a few times when we actually cancelled our plans the same day of the reservation. Both times it was towards the end of the cruise and we were at a point were we didnt feel like we could eat another bite LOL Now we do all specialty dining the first few days of the cruise. :-)