New Steakhouse Menu (October 2017)

This has me so excited for our Steakhouse ressie in 150 or so days, that I might just add a second one! LOL!

Go ahead and lock that second visit in now - to get your desired date/time. You can always cancel later if you want to (which you won't)!

ENJOY

Tom

That new menu also says they have "the art of tea" as well. Any details on that?

Because of the new menu, we booked the Steakhouse on embarkation night, but there was nothing mentioned on the reservation about a complimentary bottle of wine? Is that only on some ships?

That new menu also says they have "the art of tea" as well. Any details on that?

Because of the new menu, we booked the Steakhouse on embarkation night, but there was nothing mentioned on the reservation about a complimentary bottle of wine? Is that only on some ships?

You probably don't want the one they toss in for free (if they're still doing that). If it's an option, I'd instead go for the 50% off a bottle of your choice - that way you can enjoy a much nicer wine at a very reasonable cost!

Tom

I booked the Steakhouse on embarkation night on Freedom for my January cruise, but the booking didn't show any offers of either a 50% discount on the wine or a complimentary bottle. Are they discontinuing that program?

It's an unspoken perk. They figure if not mentioned they may not need to just hand it out.

Sent from my STV100-2 using Forums mobile app

Bring back the Cheesecake! I like the new menu except for this omission. When Carnival stopped serving shrimp cocktail in the MDR's, there was so much negative criticism generated that they were forced to put it back on the menu.

When Carnival got negative criticism for changing the aft pool and hot tubs to "family friendly", they were forced to revert to adult only.

Now let's do the same for the Steakhouse Cheesecake....Bring it back, bring it back, bring back the cheesecake!

Carnival, are you listening? Bring back the darn cheesecake in the Staekhouse!!!!!

It's an unspoken perk. They figure if not mentioned they may not need to just hand it out.

Sent from my STV100-2 using Forums mobile app

If you send an email to the steakhouse for a reservation, they (in every case I've had experience with) email back a confirmation and include the wine special as a note.

For example, our current reservation confirmation had this at the bottom:

P.S. We are having a promotion in the Steakhouse on Embarkation and the first Cruise Elegant nights of the cruise! Guests booking a reservation on either night will receive a complimentary bottle of house wine or 50% off any bottle from our wine

list!

Of course, this may vary ship to ship.

Bring back the Cheesecake! I like the new menu except for this omission. When Carnival stopped serving shrimp cocktail in the MDR's, there was so much negative criticism generated that they were forced to put it back on the menu.

When Carnival got negative criticism for changing the aft pool and hot tubs to "family friendly", they were forced to revert to adult only.

Now let's do the same for the Steakhouse Cheesecake....Bring it back, bring it back, bring back the cheesecake!

Carnival, are you listening? Bring back the darn cheesecake in the Staekhouse!!!!!

It's on the room service menu still. And usually available wherever the coffee shop is at.

It's on the room service menu still. And usually available wherever the coffee shop is at.

... and, IMO, the one you pay for (coffee bar) is superior to what was offered in the Steakhouse, and thus their dropping the cheesecake from the menu is not a loss to me.

I'd rather pay for something good, than get something for free which is just so-so.

Tom

We have a reservation for the first night in January on the Conquest and the wine special is mentioned at the bottom. I just don’t know what would be a better choice than the free wine.

I found Carnival's Wine List to be fairly decent. I don't recall what white wine I ordered (white wine is what I prefer, specifically a New Zealand or Australian Sauvignon Blanc), but I was quite satisfied, both with the wine and the wine service.

I am familiar with the Label of the "free wine" offered and have found it to be drinkable as well.

Wine preference is very much a personal decision. But, what a pleasant decision to make! Enjoy!

John Heald live stream this morning released some details on the new Steakhouse Menu...

On the Dream Class currently (Dream, Breeze, Magic and also the Vista) to start and then making it's way across.

Starters

Smoked and Ice Fresh Oysters served with apple mignonette, butter

Stuffed Mushroom Caps - spinach, four cheese, mushroom and Parmesan pearl

Hand Cut Beef Tartare served with shallot salad on country toast

Berkshire Pork Belly served with apple and walnut preserves

Crab and Mushroom Risotto

Tuna Tartare served with avocado

Jumbo Shrimp Cocktail

Lobster Bisque

Onion Soup

(Didn't go through Salads of course...)

Entrees

Prime New York Strip Loin Steak 14oz

Grilled Cowboy Steak

Spice Rubbed Ribeye

Filet Minon 9oz

(NEW) A5 Wagyu Beef 10oz

Surf Turf

Lobster Tail

Chicken

Lamb Chops

10 Jumbo Shrimp

Sauces

3 Mustard, BBQ, Bearnaise, Chimichurri

Sides

Baked Potatoes with Trimmings, Sautéed Medley of Fresh Mushrooms, Yukon Gold Mash with Wasabe Horseradish, Onion Rings, Garlic Rapini, Mac and Cheese, French Fries and Bourbon Smoked (he said paprika...)

Desserts

Chocolate Sphere

Apple Tartare with elder flower cream

Abstract in presentation and a focus in flavor (New Cook at Table Desert)

Fresh Fruit

Also mentioned the dress code with Jeans being OK except on elegant night, but no ripped jeans, t-shirts since there is always discuss on this one.

Looking forward to it - I would hope it would roll out to all before Thanksgiving when we're cruising on the Pride!

I am going to miss the escargot and thecreamed spinach.

also remember that shorts are never allowed at any time in the Steakhouse or its bar.

How I miss the days gone by that a jacket was required for men, back when they called it the Supper Club, and the place had a special feel to it.

I am going to miss the escargot and thecreamed spinach.

also remember that shorts are never allowed at any time in the Steakhouse or its bar.

How I miss the days gone by that a jacket was required for men, back when they called it the Supper Club, and the place had a special feel to it.

Not to mention live music!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Forums mobile app

Live Music and Dancing? Never have I have observed such during my Carnival Cruises. The facility is there and is unused for such activities.

Also, I have NEVER seen anyone sitting at the Bar in the Steakhouse enjoying an adult beverage.

Desirable? Yes. It would be an elevation of the cruise experience.

Live Music and Dancing? Never have I have observed such during my Carnival Cruises. The facility is there and is unused for such activities.

Also, I have NEVER seen anyone sitting at the Bar in the Steakhouse enjoying an adult beverage.

With 100-150 nights in the Steakhouse, I still occasionally witness both dancing and bar drinking (having done the latter ourselves).

Sent from my SM-G935V using Forums mobile app

We have enjoyed a live 3 piece group, might have been the Victory, not positive. We did dance between apps and dinner. It was a lovely romantic night