New Steakhouse Menu (October 2017)

Hey Pirate - Will you ask how long the old menu will be on Sunshine? I board Oct. 26 and while I would be happy with either, I am bringing three Carnival newbies and I would love for them to try the old menu, then come back for the new menu! Thanks and enjoy your trip!

Sure thing! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Except, for Pork Belly which will surely not be my selection.. Why is the current cuisine world so infatuated with Pork Belly?

I asked this same question until it was served at the Chef's Table. One bite convinced me and I devoured the rest. The texture is incredible. It's crispy, akin to the skin on Peking Duck. The smokey flavor shines through the mild pork.

I so hope the chef at the steakhouse uses a comparable approach.

Yay Tuna Tartare remains along with surf & turf, sautéed mushrooms and, bernaise sauce, but I will miss the cheesecake. My husband will not be happy that the creamed spinach and peppercorn sauce is gone. Some of the additions look good. I am sorry I never got to try the lobster ravioli. It always looked tasty.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We will be eating in the steakhouse in November on the Dream! The starters all look so delicious and it will be hard to pick just one....or can we pick more than one?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Starters

Smoked and Ice Fresh Oysters served with apple mignonette, butter

Hand Cut Beef Tartare served with shallot salad on country toast

Berkshire Pork Belly served with apple and walnut preserves

I like these new additions. On a few occasions I've requested beef tartare in lieu of the tuna (which is very good too), and they've always come through, given advance notice.

(Didn't go through Salads ofcourse...)

Fingers crossed that they've retained the spinach salad... and perhaps brought it back to its (Carnival) roots by adding the pickled oyster mushrooms back in -- which really makes the dish.

Entrees

Prime New York Strip Loin Steak 14oz

Grilled Cowboy Steak

Spice Rubbed Ribeye

Filet Minon 9oz

(NEW) A5 Wagyu Beef 10oz

I see "prime" mentioned as the NY Strip grade, but not for the ribeye nor filet. I trust that was an omission on John's part.

I'm VERY pleased to see the A5 Wagyu added - great marbling no doubt, but what's the cut of meat??

Sides

...Yukon Gold Mash with Wasabe Horseradish

Nice to see my favorite side survived !!

Also mentioned the dress code with Jeans being OK except onelegant night, but no ripped jeans, t-shirts since there is always discuss on...

People have been wearing jeans to the steakhouse on ALL nights, especially moreso the last few years, ever since they "downgraded" the Supper Club (and took away the live music) to the Steakhouse.

With 100+ nights in Carnival steakhouses, I'm pleased to see the revamp - the other menu was getting long in the tooth!

Tom

Edited by Tom-n-Cheryl

Fingers crossed that they've retained the spinach salad... and perhaps brought it back to its (Carnival) roots by adding the pickled oyster mushrooms back in -- which really makes the dish

Tom

Salads Offered are:

Classic Ceasar Salad-Hearts of Romaine Lettuce, Traditionally Prepard

Baby Leaf Spinach and Fresh Mushrooms-Blue Cheese Dressing, Shaved Mushrooms, Walnut Bread Curls

Young Lettuce-Buttermilk & Olive, Arugula Yoghurt

We will get to try the new menu on the Magic a week from today. Going to miss the Portobello mushroom app, so I'll have to try some new ones. Spice rubbed ribeye remains, so I'm good there. The Chocolate sampler is gone, so I'll have to try the Chocolate Sphere. Have to see what that made at the table dessert is all about. :cool:

I see "prime" mentioned as the NY Strip grade, but not for the ribeye nor filet. I trust that was an omission on John's part.

I'm VERY pleased to see the A5 Wagyu added - great marbling no doubt, but what's the cut of meat??

Tom

All Steaks are listed as PRIME except the Filet Mignon

The A5 Wagyu is a 10 oz Flat Iron

Are you on one of the test ships? If not you could be in luck - Also this may/may not be the complete menu so you might still be able to get the Cheesecake!

I COMPLETELY agree about the cheesecake ! For all those (including me and my wife) who adore splitting this YUMMY piece of heaven :D Actually, one slice is too much for just one person.

Mac