Oceania Cruises Adds Free Laundry and Upgraded Room Service to Concierge Class

LauraS

Maybe I am missing something here. If we can afford to go on these cruises, I can afford to send out for a few bags of laundry! The addition of the expanded room service menu from the GDR is not what we cruise for. We look forward to going to dinner and meeting other people and enjoying the ambiance of the dinning venue.

This is just Oceania keeping up with the "Jones", not much of a perk.

Anyway, just my opinion.

We were always on the edge of either booking an A or B cabin, but usually opted for the B cabin. Now, with this new laundry perk, we will probably always book at least an A3 cabin. From our point of view, O picked the right perk to motivate us to the next level.

No they start on the following cruises...whenever you booked This is on all cruises concierge and up.all PH and Suites are included

RVA 10/17

RGA 10/17

INS 10/20

MNA 10/28

Sir 10/30

NAU 11/6

Jancruz1

Thank you very much for this info. :(:(:(

The official line is Concierge and above. I'm pretty sure at this point you can take this to the bank. See what Jan said below. I wouldn't doubt her.

I certainly believe Jan but my e mail from Oceania says this:

INSIDER TIPS

Concierge Level Veranda Stateroom amenities are getting an upgrade — beginning with voyages in October, guests in this category will receive a few all–new valuable privileges. Click here to read more about this (see page 11), plus discover fabled Scandinavia, new Grand Dining Room menus and more in our new issue of the OLife newsletter.

I do not see the words "Concierge & above" anywhere here nor on page 11 of attached O Life newsletter. Can you please point out where you see that specifically stated by Oceania?

INSIDER TIPS

Concierge Level Veranda Stateroom amenities are getting an upgrade — beginning with voyages in October, guests in this category will receive a few all–new valuable privileges. Click here to read more about this (see page 11), plus discover fabled Scandinavia, new Grand Dining Room menus and more in our new issue of the OLife newsletter.

I do not see the words "Concierge & above" anywhere here nor on page 11 of attached O Life newsletter. Can you please point out where you see that specifically stated by Oceania?

I'm more curious why I'm not getting the O Life newsletter, either by email or mail.

The way I see it O has been going back and forth over which categories are included. It has caused a bit of confusion. The most current and latest line is Concierge and up. Perhaps that mailer was written and went out before the latest decision was made.

INSIDER TIPS

ok..Im going to the boss!

Jancruz1

I'm more curious why I'm not getting the O Life newsletter, either by email or mail.

Me too :confused:

but since we opted out of the brochure delivery I do not want to jinx it by asking for the O Life which is part of the perks for Oceania Club

I had asked last year if you could view it online but the reply was not at this time

Straight from the boss:

'Concierge on up.

Three bags of not more then 20 items.

Hope this satisfies everyone..now you have written confirmation!!

Jancruz1

Thank you Jan.

I am buying it - from both of you. :D

Maybe O can further clarify this in their future communications and prints.

Per segment makes the most sense. But then when this perk first appeared last month before being temporarily pulled, our O PCC was only authorized to only give us 3 bags on our 32 day July 2018 GV and 3 bags on our 26 day Oct 2018 GV. That's why we're so interested in the answer to this question.

The next question is if it's actually 6 bags, 3 for each leg, do we need to have our confirmations corrected or will it be a mute point if it's now a standard perk for all concierge (and above) cabins whether or not it's listed on the confirmation?

Per segment makes the most sense. But then when this perk first appeared last month before being temporarily pulled, our O PCC was only authorized to only give us 3 bags on our 32 day July 2018 GV and 3 bags on our 26 day Oct 2018 GV. That's why we're so interested in the answer to this question.

The next question is if it's actually 6 bags, 3 for each leg, do we need to have our confirmations corrected or will it be a mute point if it's now a standard perk for all concierge (and above) cabins whether or not it's listed on the confirmation?

It may be a moot point if it is per segment but if it makes you feel better have your TA put it in writing on your file & update your invoice to reflect the added perk

JMO

What is an O Life newsletter?

The "click here" is here. I didn't know about the online newsletter either. Just now realized all O related email comes to me from TAs. never saw this one below. Do get printed ones which are nice as O has some great productions

INSIDER TIPS

Edited by YoHoHo

Straight from the boss:

'Concierge on up.

Three bags of not more then 20 items.

Hope this satisfies everyone..now you have written confirmation!!

Jancruz1

Thanks for this. I also have a written confirmation from an Oceania "Special Services Coordinator". I don't think she's "the boss" :D, but good enough for me!

Thanks for this. I also have a written confirmation from an Oceania "Special Services Coordinator". I don't think she's "the boss" :D, but good enough for me!

"The Boss" which Jancruz quotes occupies a much more exalted position ;)

b41bb695f4ad28a99c573f17f845dbcc_M.jpg

"The Boss" which Jancruz quotes occupies a much more exalted position ;)

b41bb695f4ad28a99c573f17f845dbcc_M.jpg

Enough said! We are new to both Oceania and Regent (Regent up first next month, Oceania next year), but I do know who this is!!! :D:D:D

Thank you Jan.

I am buying it - from both of you. :D

Maybe O can further clarify this in their future communications and prints.

Thanks Paul..I appreciate the trust!! and Im sure FDR does also..

:D

Jancruz1

As they redo invoices (with any changes) final payment, air, tours etc this amenity will be added to your invoice..

Jancruz1

Truthfully, sometimes the Oceania special services are in the "dark" also be sure to get what they say in writing at all times..

Jancruz1

As they redo invoices (with any changes) final payment, air, tours etc this amenity will be added to your invoice..

Jancruz1

Thanks Jancruz. With the rest of O's new 2019 cruises coming out next week, I'm sure we'll be calling our O PCC rep to book one of them. At that time we'll hopefully get our GV question answered and our existing bookings updated if it is in fact applicable on each leg.