Oceania Cruises Adds Free Laundry and Upgraded Room Service to Concierge Class

LauraS

The press release does not state just for GV. We'll see. ;)

The press release and official Oceania documentation mentioned on this thread references only the Concierge category. I believe Hokapontas was referring to something he heard from a TA about the perk being extended to PH and above suites, but only on Grand Voyages.

Last night, we made final payment for a 10-day cruise in January. An Oceania rep confirmed that we will get the 3 bags of free laundry. We are in OS, but assume it applies to PH and above. So it is definitely more than just very long cruises.

Maybe it is a marketing tool to sell more Concierge cabins; do they sell as quickly as the suites and insides?

Usually the A cabins are not hot sellers

People are often offered upgrade/upsells as the sailing date gets closer or they are trying to clear the GTY/waitlists for the lower cabin Cat

We usually book a B or C cabin & usually end up in an A

This is an incentive to people that want more perks to book A cabins

JMO

I definitely saw it as an incentive to buy A category cabins.

We have 1 or 2 cabin # A level we always ask for and as soon as we ask our TA to book a cruise he reserves "our" cabin.

We'd go for PH level but Mr. Wonderful needs to be mid-deck and sometimes those PH mid-deck seem noisy. We like the PH deck between us and our cabin for acoustical reasons!!

Last night, we made final payment for a 10-day cruise in January. An Oceania rep confirmed that we will get the 3 bags of free laundry. We are in OS, but assume it applies to PH and above. So it is definitely more than just very long cruises.

This is encouraging. Hoping we get a few more datapoints like this one.

Just talked with our TA who talked with Oceania yesterday. The O rep told our TA that the perk should be 3 bags of laundry per leg on a Grand Voyage rather than just 3 for the entire cruise. However, our TA also told us he'd like to see it in writing before he would be sure it was the case. So I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Usually the A cabins are not hot sellers

People are often offered upgrade/upsells as the sailing date gets closer or they are trying to clear the GTY/waitlists for the lower cabin Cat

We usually book a B or C cabin & usually end up in an A

This is an incentive to people that want more perks to book A cabins

JMO

The earlier booking of the specialties is a nice incentive IF you like a table for two and early dining. I just booked mine for our Dec trip on Marina. We are in a concierge room. We got all our dinners on the days we wanted, at 6:30, on two tops.

On our last trip we were in a regular room and had to settle for sharing to eat early. Not that I mind sharing, but I really don’t like getting stuck in a group of 8

The earlier booking of the specialties is a nice incentive IF you like a table for two and early dining. I just booked mine for our Dec trip on Marina. We are in a concierge room. We got all our dinners on the days we wanted, at 6:30, on two tops.

On our last trip we were in a regular room and had to settle for sharing to eat early. Not that I mind sharing, but I really don’t like getting stuck in a group of 8

I have done both

I have gotten 2 tops in a B cabin & also with the A

just depends on the sailing

we like the 6:30pm slot so maybe it is easier to get

or maybe luck of the draw :halo:

Just talked with our TA who talked with Oceania yesterday. The O rep told our TA that the perk should be 3 bags of laundry per leg on a Grand Voyage rather than just 3 for the entire cruise. However, our TA also told us he'd like to see it in writing before he would be sure it was the case. So I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Just having asked specifically yesterday and got the opposite answer, I wonder if my O rep is just misled, or if it is Aussies getting only the three bags? It is in writing that it is only the three bags. I wish there was a rep on the board here.

Just having asked specifically yesterday and got the opposite answer, I wonder if my O rep is just misled,

O reps even in the USA are "misled"

just call & ask another person you will probably get a different answer :evilsmile:

Just having asked specifically yesterday and got the opposite answer, I wonder if my O rep is just misled, or if it is Aussies getting only the three bags? It is in writing that it is only the three bags. I wish there was a rep on the board here.

Unfortunately, the documentation doesn't specifically say per leg or per booking number. I think once the applicable October grand voyage cruises start is when those fine points will be cleared up. Hey, we're just happy they added this perk! However, it would be nice to have 6 free bags of laundry on the two 34+ day grand voyages we have booked next year.

LHT28--

my favorite story of O reps answering the phone: ATW16 we attempted to sign up for an overnight safari offered by O.

Told we were "a month early"; the next week we were asking O a visa question and asked about the safari and were told "6 weeks at least before those open up."

the next day we receive a query from O about the visa, we answered their question and my husband said "oh, by the way, what do you know about overland excursions and reservations?" and the young man answered "Let's do that now"....so safari, Taj, Angkor Wat, HaLong Bay overnight--- all done.

So either we did it at exactly the right time, or a month early, or 6 weeks early......

I just booked the Marina yesterday, a Veranda Concierge (A4) room. Will I be grandfathered into these perks, or do they only apply to bookings made after October 28th?

No they start on the following cruises...whenever you booked This is on all cruises concierge and up.all PH and Suites are included

RVA 10/17

RGA 10/17

INS 10/20

MNA 10/28

Sir 10/30

NAU 11/6

Jancruz1

I was just on the phone with Oceania US anyway, so I asked. The rep assumed that it was concierge and above, saying that these things are normally "x" and above. He went and asked and returned, somewhat surprised, with the answer that the laundry perk is Concierge only.

I contacted our TA to chase this up two days ago to inquire if PH suites and above are included. Her reply after contacting O directly and sorting it out was yes, the laundry perk IS included in our Dec. 2 Riviera 10 day Caribbean cruise. This has been added and noted in our cruise reservation doc's as confirmed. Not really a big deal for us on a 10 day, but nice to have if needed!

Has anyone heard on a Grand Voyage if it's 3 bags of laundry per leg or 3 bags for the entire cruise? Our TA checked the other day with O and they told him they thought it was 3 bags per leg. Just curious if anyone who has booked a GV has heard anything different since they came out with their new policy a couple of days ago?

I was just on the phone with Oceania US anyway, so I asked. The rep assumed that it was concierge and above, saying that these things are normally "x" and above. He went and asked and returned, somewhat surprised, with the answer that the laundry perk is Concierge only.

I am not surprised at all - they keep saying this is a perk for concierge and not concierge and above.

They must feel that they have trouble selling concierge cabins and are "sweetening the pot". Apparently they have no trouble filling cabins above concierge and so they don't have to offer specials.

JMO,

I am not surprised at all - they keep saying this is a perk for concierge and not concierge and above.

They must feel that they have trouble selling concierge cabins and are "sweetening the pot". Apparently they have no trouble filling cabins above concierge and so they don't have to offer specials.

JMO,

The official line is Concierge and above. I'm pretty sure at this point you can take this to the bank. See what Jan said below. I wouldn't doubt her.

Maybe it is a marketing tool to sell more Concierge cabins; do they sell as quickly as the suites and insides?

Maybe I am missing something here. If we can afford to go on these cruises, I can afford to send out for a few bags of laundry! The addition of the expanded room service menu from the GDR is not what we cruise for. We look forward to going to dinner and meeting other people and enjoying the ambiance of the dinning venue.

This is just Oceania keeping up with the "Jones", not much of a perk.

Anyway, just my opinion.