Can we make a 1:00 flight out of Ft Lauderdale and where do we use our global entry

creel5857

We have 1:00 flight out of Ft Lauderdale and I know airport is reasonably close to cruise terminal but we haven’t been through there in many years. We arrive in port on Fri Dec 22 and we do have global entry but have never used it and not sure if that helps at cruise port or the airport...... any tips are comments will be helpful.

We have 1:00 flight out of Ft Lauderdale and I know airport is reasonably close to cruise terminal but we haven’t been through there in many years. We arrive in port on Fri Dec 22 and we do have global entry but have never used it and not sure if that helps at cruise port or the airport...... any tips are comments will be helpful.

Assuming you arrive in port on time you can easily make a 1 pm flight out of FLL with oodles of time to spare. The airport is less than 10 minutes from Port Everglades. When we cleared customs and immigration at the port they had a Global Entry Lane, but no kiosks.

As per creel no sweat with a 1:00pm flight and GE will help at the port. Grab a taxi or Uber and you're on your way. TSA at the airport will also be beneficial.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Since there is no kiosk, You will need your physical global entry card. Look for the signs marking the special lane.

There is another program called "mobile passport". Open to all . FLL is the only seaport using this program.

https://mobilepassport.us

https://www.cbp.gov/travel/us-citizens/mobile-passport-control

You will have no problem with a 1pm flight. This is discussed daily on the Florida Departures board. FLL is probably the easiest cruise port in the world for disembarkation and flight stuff.

GE is easy. I have a real problem believing the GE line was longer than the regular line. That is a totally fluke situation. If course, if someone got into the GE line that didn't belong, that can screw things up.

GE will do little good at the airport unless you have recorded your GE number in your online profile for the airline you are flying with.

Once you have put your GE into your profile, then when you check in for your flight the system will generate a boarding pass that reflects your PreChek status.

Showing your GE card at the PreChek line may or may not allow you to enter.

GE will do little good at the airport unless you have recorded your GE number in your online profile for the airline you are flying with.

Once you have put your GE into your profile, then when you check in for your flight the system will generate a boarding pass that reflects your PreChek status.

Showing your GE card at the PreChek line may or may not allow you to enter.

Very true GE is a Customs function, as you mention when you book your airfare you should register your GE# then your boarding pass will reflect TSA PreCheck so you can pass easily thru TSA. When coming into to Port Everglades you can pass thru the GE line much quicker than other Custom lines. We got TSA PreCheck first then obtained GE later so when we renew GE it will contain PreCheck. We were told that if you book air within the US we can use our TTN and on International flights use your GE#.

We were told that if you book air within the US we can use our TTN and on International flights use your GE#.

Likely true, but also true is that GE is 'one size fits all' as it is a trusted traveler ID for both PreChek and Global Entry.

Likely true, but also true is that GE is 'one size fits all' as it is a trusted traveler ID for both PreChek and Global Entry.

Next booking I may try my GE#, you make a good point!

We disembarked about 9AM, picked up our luggage and were thru the global entry line in less than 10 minutes. When you reach the front of the line the agents there will take you ahead of the other people who do not have global entry. The customs people looked at our global entry card and never glanced at our luggage. It was worth every penny of the GE fees.

Helen

You should not have a problem making a 1 pm flight but remember the airport will be very busy because:

Your flight leaves on one of the busiest travel days of the year, Friday before Christmas.

There are six cruise ships in port on 12/22/17

Very true GE is a Customs function, as you mention when you book your airfare you should register your GE# then your boarding pass will reflect TSA PreCheck so you can pass easily thru TSA. When coming into to Port Everglades you can pass thru the GE line much quicker than other Custom lines. We got TSA PreCheck first then obtained GE later so when we renew GE it will contain PreCheck. We were told that if you book air within the US we can use our TTN and on International flights use your GE#.

Actually I can see no reason or benefit to switching back and forth between a PreCheck enrollment Known Traveler Number and a Global Entry enrollment PassID number. We use our Global Entry PassID on all our travel both domestic and Internationally without issues of any kind. It’s confusing to some but PreCheck and Global Entry are really two completely separate programs. Technically while Global Entry has PreCheck as an added benefit it really is an Immigration and Customs program tied to your passport not to your airline. As such you don’t need to even put your PassID number in your flyer profile to use Global Entry and can fly on an airline that doesn’t participate in PreCheck and still use Global Entry. Now if you’re flying a PreCheck participating airline you have to have a valid Trusted Traveler Number from whichever program you’re enrolled in stored in your airline passenger profile to get PreCheck.

Next booking I may try my GE#, you make a good point!

Update your airline profile with your trusted traveler number and you should be all set for pre check.

However, FLL can be a congested mess on cruise change over days. One time person watching over the pre check line (non TSA employee) insisted we wait in the regular line that stretched to the rental cars with everyone else before we could break off to the pre check line. You just never know!

I think some are confused :). If you are enrolled in GE (Global Entry) your Global Entry # (its on your card) is also used as your "KTN" or Known Traveler Number. KTN is the number, that if put on your airline ticket reservation, will nearly always get you TSA "Pre Check" and save you time at US airports.

Folks that do have a KTN should make sure its added to any airline reservation (with participating airlines). You can do this online by pulling up your airline reservation record (on your airline's web site) and entering the number. If you are in their Frequent Flyer Program, and have your KTN registered on your Frequent Flyer record....it might automatically be put on your ticket record. But we have seen too many instances when the Frequent Flyer info somehow does not automatically get transferred to an airline ticket....so best to make sure.

Hank