Princess new unlimited internet

antsp

If I recall correctly, you were the poster who alerted us to embarcation lunch in the main dining room

being for only club class cruisers.

After additional posters reported, it turned out to not be true.

When I was on royal, the all you can eat photo package was $49.

Apparently as a trial, as that is not the price now across all ships.

I learned on Cruise Critic that Richard Joseph had move to Celebrity.

Turned out to not be the case.

As has happened here many times, someone will ask a simple yes/no question,

and get answers of both yes and no.

Better to wait for more posters to report from more ships, particularly

when you have told us you like to create controversy here.

you remember wrong, i have never mentioned club class embarkation dining

Do you recall how long you were able to view the videos? I’ve read just 24 hours, but am hoping that’s not correct.

I can tell you from personal experience the downloads take about a minute so you could download things from ports easily, too. I had things stick around a couple of weeks. It varies, though. . .

From Netflix FAQ:

The amount of time depends on individual licenses, and can vary by title. Titles that are expiring from your device in less than 7 days will display the amount of time you have left on the My Downloads page of the Netflix app. Some titles will expire 48 hours after you first press play.

PAM CA knows about this too, i guess knowledge is power, i guess you dont like that
I’ve emailed someone in the industry who I know will get the answers. The more I think about it, the less I think Princess is willing to upset literally millions of loyal passengers. But you never know. If it is true, they’ve done a lousy PR job. Not that they haven’t sprung brand new trials on cruises before that flopped spectacularly.

I’ve emailed someone in the industry who I know will get the answers. The more I think about it, the less I think Princess is willing to upset literally millions of loyal passengers. But you never know. If it is true, they’ve done a lousy PR job. Not that they haven’t sprung brand new trials on cruises before that flopped spectacularly.

Pam, hope you're right and your contact confirms it. We're probably troglodytes, as we don't use Netflix etc at home and I've became very efficient perusing email so that our Elite 250 min each is adequate for a 15-21 night cruise. Not on FB, etc., which also reduces our need for connectivity greatly, I imagine. We cruise to enjoy the ship/port experience, not to duplicate the things we enjoy at home.

Hi Pam, my reply was PAB2222, he was somewhat rubbishing my post I made, I was merely passing info on from a well established Facebook group

Thank you for this information. I downloaded 73 titles overnight and just checked. None of them display the amount of time I have left so I have to assume that they are all at least a week or longer. BTW, 73 was the limit I could download despite the fact that I had plenty of storage left on my device.

It may be Amazon Prime that is more limited. I know their download quantity is far less (I seem to remember 25j but their viewing period is also much shorter.

Next week!:D:eek::D

What about a second device?

Possibly another 73? :D

Agree! I need to reach home and my 150 minutes is just fine for most of our trips. Having to possibly purchase a package at a discount is not a perk for us.

Depends on a price and quality. I paid $81 for 9 days of unlimited great quality wifi on RCCL (I believe there was a small discount for platinums, otherwise it would be about $20 more). On Princess as platinum I got 500 minutes free for two of us on 10 day cruise...but quality... I'd pay $9 for better quality unlimited anyday if I had a chance.

We board the Grand a week from tomorrow so I have just spent quite a bit of time reading the posts on the Princess Facebook page. I realize that what one reads on Facebook is not gospel, but from what I have read from people who have experienced this I believe that the following is true:

Beginning October 5th on the Grand the new unlimited internet program is in effect.

Three packages are offered: $14.99/day Social Package which "includes most popular social websites and applications". $24.99/day Surf Package which "includes surfing your favorite sites from email, sports, news and more". $29.99/day Premium Package "from email to streaming enjoy truly premium access".

It is my understanding that the Platinum/Elite free minutes are gone as one Platinum/Elite person who posted said that she was given the Premium Package for $14.99/day in lieu of the previous Platinum/Elite benefit (which is only a good deal if you plan to purchase a package--otherwise you are SOL!)

Again, this is just what I have managed to surmise after reading comments from those who just boarded the Grand on October 5th but at this point I am under the impression that we will not receive the Elite internet perk when we board the Grand on October 15th. Fortunately this is a coastal cruise so we will only be without internet for the two sea days--we will just use our cell phones while in port and for our day in Ensenda we can use the AT&T international plan for $10/day. But, I consider this to be a loss of a great perk. In fact, the internet minutes were our favorite Platinum/Elite perk and really the only one that we considered of value. If this plays out to be true we will certainly have fewer reasons to choose Princess over other lines when shopping for cruises.

eh ... never mind

Actually Pablo he started a thread that the Ruby didn't have embarkation MD lunch at all anymore (not specificly Club Class).. And yes you were right his thread post was completely wrong

Just saying,,,

Actually Pablo he started a thread that the Ruby didn't have embarkation MD lunch at all anymore (not specificly Club Class).. And yes you were right his thread post was completely wrong

Just saying,,,

No I never

Actually, I considered that. But I only pay for two devices and my mom’s iPad is one of them. Would hate to cut her off from her beloved When Calls the Heart.

I am hoping I can download more from outside the country.

Have you considered using a vpn.

It might give you access to more movies & programs not for the US market.

I mis-remembered about auntsp, she started the thread on how pub lunch was no more.

Subsequent posts about pub lunch seemed to contradict this

Which is why it is better to wait for some conformation from multiple posters,

preferably reporting from multiple ships on any topic here.

We board the Grand a week from tomorrow so I have just spent quite a bit of time reading the posts on the Princess Facebook page.

I think many will be looking forward to your first-hand report when you return!

Even better if this starts appearing on other (princess) ships.

I love the free min benefit! I can use them to do what I want when I want. The new package would limit what I could access even if I got the lowest package for free. Free Facebook is all well and great, but not being able to check emails and airline check-in etc. would suck. And at this point, we don't even know that we would get anything for free!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Actually, I considered that. But I only pay for two devices and my mom’s iPad is one of them. Would hate to cut her off from her beloved When Calls the Heart.

I am hoping I can download more from outside the country.

With family in Venezuela I can tell you there can be restrictions on using Netflix at all. I'm not sure how to find out where it is restricted and where else it can be used. Canada seems to be no problem.

So, Princess believes that the only reason someone might want internet is to post on social media? What the heck?? Who cares about social media? How on earth does this benefit us who use email, which is probably the main reason those of us of working age need the internet onboard? I'll be really angry if the free internet perk for Plats/Elites goes away. I agree with whoever above said it was the one perk that they really use.

And I'd also be grateful if antsp and Pablo could take their silly feud somewhere else, so the rest of us can have an adult conversation.

I love the free min benefit! I can use them to do what I want when I want. The new package would limit what I could access even if I got the lowest package for free. Free Facebook is all well and great, but not being able to check emails and airline check-in etc. would suck. And at this point, we don't even know that we would get anything for free!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Agreed! Although many people find value in Social Media, I don't use it so that package has no value for me at any price. As for a discount, I'm personally not interested in a so-called perk that costs extra for something I don't want or won't use.

I don't need to post, stream or send pictures while on a cruise. I do need and want to be able to access email from the ship, especially for possible family medical emergencies, to check on something that's relevant to a port and check-in for flights.

At least, maybe Princess could give Platinum/Elite members a few vouchers to be used for short periods of time during a cruise when needed or convenient (similar to how many people use their minutes). If Princess could give me that peace of mind while cruising, now... that's a perk!

Dear Princess,

I've been a huge Princess cheerleader and just made Elite. However, I'm beginning to wonder if my loyalty has been worth it. :(

So, Princess believes that the only reason someone might want internet is to post on social media? What the heck?? Who cares about social media? How on earth does this benefit us who use email, which is probably the main reason those of us of working age need the internet onboard? I'll be really angry if the free internet perk for Plats/Elites goes away. I agree with whoever above said it was the one perk that they really use.

Gotta agree with this. Social media is something I look at when I have nothing better to do. Easy to ignore when I don't have Internet or need to pay for Internet. But email is essential along with a small group of websites both for, as I mentioned above, my business as well as managing my financial life (some things can be put off and others for a while but bills need to get paid., etc.). Things like auto-pay for bills helps but our recent three trip including 15 cruise nights proved to me I was getting to the limit of how long I could be out of full touch with the world.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have been a loyal Princess cruiser, ( I have three cruises booked for 2018) but if losing the free internet minutes is confirmed, my Princess loyalty is out the window. I will look for other options prior to final payment. I doubt I will be the only one:(