Price drop after final payment?

What is RCCL policy on this? Same cabin category price drop. Final payment date past.

Once past final payment date the best you can hope for is an upgrade if a higher category is the same price or a few dollars more.

Even then a lot of times they say it's for new bookings only.

I just went through that last week. Balcony's were only about $60 more than I paid for a promenade inside cabin. Travel agent called and even got a supervisor involved but they held fast with the "new bookings only". So we didn't get the upgrade.

That's OK though, still plenty excited to be going on a cruise.:)

Bill

We have changed to a high level of cabin, but even though the higher level was much cheaper, we got NOTHING.

We were 4 people, booked into a JR Suite and a Balcony, moved to a Royal Family Suite.

We have changed to a high level of cabin, but even though the higher level was much cheaper, we got NOTHING.

We were 4 people, booked into a JR Suite and a Balcony, moved to a Royal Family Suite.

You got nothing? Didn't you just write you got moved to a Royal Family Suite? Is that nothing?

And you are complaining??? You should be extremely happy.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

You got nothing? Didn't you just write you got moved to a Royal Family Suite? Is that nothing?

As I stated, the new price for the RFS was over $2000 less than we had paid.

Yes, we got the RFS, and it was nice. But a couple of number OBC would have been nice.

But notice, I still cruise on RCI. :D

Yes, we got the RFS, and it was nice. But a couple of number OBC would have been nice.

Wow, you got an awesome upgrade with extra perks. I would have been very pleased!

After final payment, my cruise price dropped. I called and upgraded to a balcony guarantee (complimentary). I checked my cruise online over several days and no room had been assigned but indicated "balcony guarantee." Tonight I logged in to check and now it says "Oceanview Accessible Guarantee." Confused. Can they change the stateroom type??? Or is it a computer glitch??? Should I call or give it a few days???

TIA

Edited by cruisingn09

After final payment, my cruise price dropped. I called and upgraded to a balcony guarantee (complimentary). I checked my cruise online over several days and no room had been assigned but indicated "balcony guarantee." Tonight I logged in to check and now it says "Oceanview Assessable Guarantee." Confused. Can they change the stateroom type??? Or is it a computer glitch??? Should I call or give it a few days???

TIA

glitch. call if you want but it'll sort itself out.

After final payment, my cruise price dropped. I called and upgraded to a balcony guarantee (complimentary). I checked my cruise online over several days and no room had been assigned but indicated "balcony guarantee." Tonight I logged in to check and now it says "Oceanview Accessible Guarantee." Confused. Can they change the stateroom type??? Or is it a computer glitch??? Should I call or give it a few days???

TIA

Really no need to call, it will likely change to something else within a few days, it's just a display glitch. Ultimately, you will get what you booked.

I saw a price drop for interior guarantee that I wanted to jump on which would save $130pp. I couldn't take it because I had already been assigned a room so I would have had to take the assigned room price instead of the guarantee which was ~$300 more than my guarantee was. It's a bummer but hopefully you were happy with the price before finding out it's cheaper.

The reason they will hold fast on this, is if they start allowing it, then everybody would get the lowest rate, they would loose a ton of money. The reason that drops happen is to sell the last few rooms, and they know that less people book really close to sailing without discount. As soon as one person gets OBC, the word would spread and then everybody would want the same thing. They would either have to stop dropping fares (and sail with empty rooms) or shell out lots of money to people. There is a reason for the final payment due date, they need to figure out how many will be going and plan financials according to that.