price drop after final payment

I'm almost 100% certain the answer is a resounding "no", but thought I'd ask anyway. Our cruise fare has dropped more than 5% since final payment, can we get a price adjustment? I think I know the response will be "yes, you can rebook, but you would need to cancel and pay the cancellation penalty, THEN re-book at the lower rate."

I'm almost 100% certain the answer is a resounding "no", but thought I'd ask anyway. Our cruise fare has dropped more than 5% since final payment, can we get a price adjustment? I think I know the response will be "yes, you can rebook, but you would need to cancel and pay the cancellation penalty, THEN re-book at the lower rate."

I am aware of only one condition that will give you a price break after final payment date, and that is if you initially booked the cruise within the last 48 hours.

Depending on the cruise line you can get an on board credit and not have to cancel and rebook.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Care to elaborate on which cruise line gives OBC for price drops after final payment? None of the mainstream lines I know of do...

Depending on the cruise line you can get an on board credit and not have to cancel and rebook.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Well, obviously the OP is on RCI since that's where it is posted and it's definitely not allowed there unless, as Bob noted, the cruise was booked within the last 48 hours. Not aware of another mainstream line that does this - do you?

After final payment I sat a JS drop to below what we paid for our balcony. Contacted TA and within an hour had us the JS! Maybe you can do that and since we made the change also got double points.

I did this too (including getting the points) but officially per the Crown & Anchor club Terms and Conditions that's not supposed to happen.

Care to elaborate on which cruise line gives OBC for price drops after final payment? None of the mainstream lines I know of do...

Well, obviously the OP is on RCI since that's where it is posted and it's definitely not allowed there unless, as Bob noted, the cruise was booked within the last 48 hours. Not aware of another mainstream line that does this - do you?

Carnival.

I did this too (including getting the points) but officially per the Crown & Anchor club Terms and Conditions that's not supposed to happen.

Since you did in effect pay what the JS was advertised at you will get your points for a JS.

If you receive a complimentary upgrade to a JS from Royal then you do not get the extra points.

If you book Early Saver on Carnival, you get price drops as OBC after final payment, up to 48hrs of cruise. However, there are some cancellation penalties with Early Saver.

When I sailed the Spirit to Sydney for its repo in 2012, I ended up with $600 OBC on a balcony, plus a $400 drop right before final payment.

OP, It's a good idea not to look after you make final payment ;)

Since you did in effect pay what the JS was advertised at you will get your points for a JS.

If you receive a complimentary upgrade to a JS from Royal then you do not get the extra points.

What you're saying was initially the way I thought it was but after reading the terms & conditions I don't think that's right. So I stand by my opinion/interpretation.

After final payment I sat a JS drop to below what we paid for our balcony. Contacted TA and within an hour had us the JS! Maybe you can do that and since we made the change also got double points.

I saw a great price for a JS after final. Tried to get it, no luck as it was for new bookings only. This was for our just completed Harmony cruise.

What you're saying was initially the way I thought it was but after reading the terms & conditions I don't think that's right. So I stand by my opinion/interpretation.

Here is the relevant section from the C&A benefits terms and conditions. It states you will get points based on category paid. If the price of a JS drops to what you paid for the balcony cabin then you have paid the rate for the JS and will get the 2x points.

The reduced rate upgrades are when Royal calls you and offers to move you from a Balcony to a JS for xxx additional $ but the total price that you are paying is still below what they have the JS listed at. In this case you do not get the 2x points.

"Cruise points are given for eligible cruises per stateroom category paid. Complimentary, promotional and/or reduced rate upgrades will not receive additional Cruise Points if final berth category is in a suite when moved from a lower stateroom category"

I

• 2 weeks later...
If you book Early Saver on Carnival, you get price drops as OBC after final payment, up to 48hrs of cruise. However, there are some cancellation penalties with Early Saver.

When I sailed the Spirit to Sydney for its repo in 2012, I ended up with $600 OBC on a balcony, plus a $400 drop right before final payment.

OP, It's a good idea not to look after you make final payment ;)

The final outcome: We were in penalty phase, but only for the deposit ($250/cabin). This is a family outing, we rebooked our three cabins and saved thousands of dollars, even factoring in the $750 penalty total for three cabins.

Yes, you can do that, but you probably got no refund or OBC. And you don't need a TA to do that.

We had two cabins booked for my parents and us. About 1 month before sailing, I was on RCI site and they listed a Royal Family Suite, and with the current offer, the RFS was less than our two cabins. No problem switching, but even though the RFS for the 4 of us was several THOUSAND less, we got NOTHING.

Then you are incorrect.

We did this with an RFS from two cabins, and everyone got double points.

As was stated, you DID pay the price for the suite, actually you paid more than the suite price. It is not a complimentary upgrade.