What is Your Opinion of Eurodam

mcrcruiser

Great comments. We have read here that Tamarind no longer does lunches. Do you have different or more recent information? :confused:

If you look up thread it was reported that there is no longer lunches in the tamarind:confused:. The servers work in the lido at lunch. I was on the eurodam this spring and there is no lunch in the tamarind. I trust that qualifies as recent:).

Great to hear all the good comments on the Eurodam since I will be on her to Alaska in June.

So is the view good from the Tamarind Bar (formerly Silk Den) and Tamarind Restaurant? Would the Tamarind Bar be a good place hang out to enjoy the Alaskan scenery?

I was on the Eurodam for an overnight repo two weeks ago. I was very satisified in the MDR. Only complaint was 8:30am debarkation was too early....

I would be willing to sail with her again.

We sailed her a couple of years ago. Unfortunately for us there was a rather large group onboard who took over a lot of areas at different times including the lido pool and all the surrounding areas for the whole afternoon on our one sea day as we sailed the Caribbean. There were lots of complaints at the front desk that day. They also had use of the crows nest the whole cruise. The ship also felt very crowded to us, On the bright side the food was fine, the service from our servers and cabin stewards was excellent. It was not one of my favorite cruises.

Sorry, but I'm going to rain on the parade. I haven't sailed the Eurodam, but we spent a couple of weeks on the sister ship Nieuw Amsterdam last year. These ships are built on the same hull as the Vista ships, but they've stuffed almost 200 more people into them without expanding the facilities to look after them. We found it a bit crowded at times, especially in the Lido, where it was often impossible to get a table. The service was slow, and many times we had to clear a table ourselves or move outside to sit. We probably won't book one of these ships again.

I like the Eurodam because it has the Tamarind, Silk Den, and a nice movie viewing theatre. I found it reasonably easy to get from one place to another. It's a nice ship.

If you haven't been on the Eurodam you shouldn't evaluate it.

I agree. Plus, there is more passenger space on Eurodam as compared to the Vista class ships, and more amenities. For example, the Tamarind and Silk Den don't exist on Vista. So to say there isn't more facilities is wrong.

So is the view good from the Tamarind Bar (formerly Silk Den) and Tamarind Restaurant? Would the Tamarind Bar be a good place hang out to enjoy the Alaskan scenery?
The views are great toward whichever side you're on, but straight forward not as good as the Crow's Nest.

2dqk8bo.jpg

Our first and only cruise with HAL in January was on her and we were treated so well that we have booked another HAL cruise to see if we think the cruise line is as 'good as we thought.'

Trying a different ship, but we were in awe as to the friendliness of staff and the service.

We don't book suites, just normal inside or maybe an ocean view , so we aren't special in that sense of the word.

The ship was far cleaner than the last 3 we have taken on our regular cruise lines.

Those health scores though :)

Please tell me it isn't so! We sailed NA in Nov. 2013, than Eurodam in Nov. 2014 & 2015 enjoying Tamarind lunches.
I'm sure neither ship was serving lunch in the Tam by Jan 2016, so if you ate lunch there in 11/15 you were among the last. I'm not positive, but I think it was already closed on our 11/22/15 cruise on E'dam.

Don't think the Veendam has a Tamarind ...
correct

It might be good place to view the glacier as it turns from side to side.
That shot is in Prince Christian Sound Greenland where the Captain did a 360 turn at a glacier. Yes, it was a great place to see that! Edited by catl331

Sorry.. my confusion. Please disregard..:o

Will do. I was concerned I was "losing it" always a concern of mine as I age with my history of a misspent (but very fun) youth!

Thanks for getting back to me ;)

dh