Solstice 2 night sampler Oct 20th

Oh I called "again" same poor girl

She said in the two years she has done customer complaints the 2 day sampler has been the "worst" complaint cruise she's experienced

I told her I was concerned because we had already booked and paid for a cruise on Solstice in January and she assures me it will be great just a tad concerned reading people's experiences that just got off sounds a lot is still wrong

Oh and yes I'm getting the money back for the mini bar we didn't use item [emoji122]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Good to know, makes you wonder what was $50 in the mini bar.

One time we were charged for a $18 item from a mini bar and there was nothing that came close to that as all the items were either under $10 or over $30 for the wine.

We asked for a refund which didn't happen so Trip advisor was alerted as a warning for others.

Good to know, makes you wonder what was $50 in the mini bar.

One time we were charged for a $18 item from a mini bar and there was nothing that came close to that as all the items were either under $10 or over $30 for the wine.

We asked for a refund which didn't happen so Trip advisor was alerted as a warning for others.

I'm just getting "over"the whole thing

I have spent more time on emails n the phone for this cruise than any other

I got my $50 credit for not receiving the concierge benefits. I think it was fair, we paid about that in comparison to a standard balcony. We still got a better located cabin, the embarkation lunch and the warm wine.

I'm happy, clearly it's been a disaster for celebrity, but they have done the right thing.

I'm looking forward to getting on her in March.

I think these 2 day samplers will always be 'booze cruises.' They attract that sort of person. Not for me.:halo: Irrespective of the cruise line involved.

My one and only Celebrity cruise on Solstice Syd - NZ about 5 years ago was peaceful, different complement of passengers thank goodness. I don't go on cruises to be surrounded by drunken bogans, had enough of that in my previous life.:evilsmile:

I think these 2 day samplers will always be 'booze cruises.' They attract that sort of person. Not for me.:halo: Irrespective of the cruise line involved.

My one and only Celebrity cruise on Solstice Syd - NZ about 5 years ago was peaceful, different complement of passengers thank goodness. I don't go on cruises to be surrounded by drunken bogans, had enough of that in my previous life.:evilsmile:

Unfortunately I don't think all passengers realise that. I think some passengers, who are unsure about cruising, take a 2 day cruise to see how they would like cruising.

Unfortunately I don't think all passengers realise that. I think some passengers, who are unsure about cruising, take a 2 day cruise to see how they would like cruising.

Perhaps. Did Celebrity operate the 'Booze package on the 2 day sampler? If they did they should take it off.

Yep.

We knew going in that it would be nothing like a “real” cruise.

Just wanted the weekend away and to look at the ship we had heard so much about.

Pity about the noro outbreak. Expected the boozing. Thought the lack of extras, not just for concierge, was pretty poor form.

But loved the ship and had a great weekend all the same.

Yep.

We knew going in that it would be nothing like a “real” cruise.

Just wanted the weekend away and to look at the ship we had heard so much about.

Pity about the noro outbreak. Expected the boozing. Thought the lack of extras, not just for concierge, was pretty poor form.

But loved the ship and had a great weekend all the same.

Just saw Solstice on the news re the noro outbreak

They are truly taking a beating with the bad publicity

Yes they did, which surprised me a touch.

I don't drink and I'm not an anti drinker but I wouldn't of thought the booze package was a good idea in hindsight

To be honest I was surprised there were so many young ones on the cruise for some reason I thought it would be more an older crowd

I do not see anything wrong with offering drink packages for any cruise.

What I don't like is the responsible service of alcohol being ignored by bar staff so that people are getting very drunk (not just tipsy). This is not just a PR disaster for the cruise line but also a possible security issue and definitely a lack of duty of care. :(

Just saw Solstice on the news re the noro outbreak

They are truly taking a beating with the bad publicity

Cruise bashing is par for the course, and rival cruise companies would be trying to put X in a bad light and their company in a good light.

I do not see anything wrong with offering drink packages for any cruise.

What I don't like is the responsible service of alcohol being ignored by bar staff so that people are getting very drunk (not just tipsy). This is not just a PR disaster for the cruise line but also a possible security issue and definitely a lack of duty of care. :(

Good point Mic. Cruise Lines operating out of Sydney are supposed to comply with NSW Responsible Service of Alcohol Policy (RSA.) The pax and the cruise line are equally culpable re excessive drinking. Now don't get me wrong you guys, I love a drink on a hot day and on a cold day, having a scotch and dry right now:'). And I have my fair share on the ships, but not to excess. But the antics of these drunken bogans on these sampler cruises are being encouraged by the cruise lines, desperate to make huge profits on 'Adult Beverages.':evilsmile:

One of these inebriated passengers is going to suffer a serious injury and sue the cruise lines, just as they do with pubs and hotel staff serving those affected, as Mic said 'Duty of Care.'

Edited by NSWP

Totally agree guys.

It's all about responsible serving of alcohol. Why the bar staff didn't stop serving the bogans is beyond me and particularly the language used which obviously could be heard by other passengers, especially women is not on. Should of been thrown in the brig if they had one.

Totally agree guys.

It's all about responsible serving of alcohol. Why the bar staff didn't stop serving the bogans is beyond me and particularly the language used which obviously could be heard by other passengers, especially women is not on. Should of been thrown in the brig if they had one.

Agreed, bar staff should have cut them off and security should have then stepped in and defused the situation.

Obviously if you think about it, when it comes to drink packages, the cruise line would stand to make more profit by limiting the amount of alcohol they serve, Say you pay $80/day for the package and only drink $60/day The $20 can then be resold to a non drink package guest and the ship makes $40. So from a commercial point of view it would be better (more profitable)for them to control the "irresponsible service" of alcohol to package guests. :evilsmile::evilsmile::evilsmile::beer-mug::wine-glass::cocktail:

My thought on the following cruise was that perhaps the bar staff get some sort of commissions for the amount of drinks they Pour? I did think originally the same as gbenjo that it would be profit for the cruise line if they served less. We even had difficulty obtaining a glass of water without a drinks package. Eventually got it, but bar staff at the Lawn Club not happy. They wanted everyone to have a package and drink to excess.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

My thought on the following cruise was that perhaps the bar staff get some sort of commissions for the amount of drinks they Pour? I did think originally the same as gbenjo that it would be profit for the cruise line if they served less. We even had difficulty obtaining a glass of water without a drinks package. Eventually got it, but bar staff at the Lawn Club not happy. They wanted everyone to have a package and drink to excess.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Interesting observation, Bar staff get a percentage (from the pool) of the gratuities on all drinks and drink packages so that may explain the push rather than the limiting of drinks to those already inebriated.

Interesting observation, Bar staff get a percentage (from the pool) of the gratuities on all drinks and drink packages so that may explain the push rather than the limiting of drinks to those already inebriated.

Reading today on reports still coming off the Solstice about cling wrap placed around the buffet to stop ppl reaching in to take food sounds pretty awful

This norovirus seems hard to shift

So many are complaining of poor service as well making me a tad worried about our upcoming cruise in January

We booked Solstice on the given it was a step up from RCI which we enjoyed immensely but after our 2 day fiasco (which I put down to just a wrong thing to do ) and reading still people's experience now I'm not so sure we should of picked it

Reading today on reports still coming off the Solstice about cling wrap placed around the buffet to stop ppl reaching in to take food sounds pretty awful

This norovirus seems hard to shift

So many are complaining of poor service as well making me a tad worried about our upcoming cruise in January

We booked Solstice on the given it was a step up from RCI which we enjoyed immensely but after our 2 day fiasco (which I put down to just a wrong thing to do ) and reading still people's experience now I'm not so sure we should of picked it

Hundreds of posts on Celebrity page Face Ache, sorry FB, re the noro and the sampler cruise.:halo: Many unhappy little vegemites.