Jan Cruise Price Reduction

jedokids

Just made our final payment for our Jan 9th East Caribbean Voyager 10 day cruise. We checked prices today and the prices have dropped $500pp on our Obstructed View Deluxe Balcony and now includes pre-paid gratuities!

We called Princess and they refunded our credit card $1000 and gave us free gratuities -- plus let us keep the same room!

Good Luck!

(This will be our 14th Princess Cruise!)

Jerry & Dorie

Just made our final payment for our Jan 9th East Caribbean Voyager 10 day cruise. We checked prices today and the prices have dropped $500pp on our Obstructed View Deluxe Balcony and now includes pre-paid gratuities!

We called Princess and they refunded our credit card $1000 and gave us free gratuities -- plus let us keep the same room!

Good Luck!

Jerry & Dorie

Good for you!!!

So many posts here where the OP complains that "it's after final payment and the price dropped, oh well" or "the price dropped after final payment, I am mad and will never sail with Princess again".

It's always worth asking. If you don't ask, you won't get.:eek:

The best we've ever done was $200 OBC after final payment, but it seems like prices rarely drop below what we paid in the first place.:(:D

I booked through a TA for a December Regal sailing within final payment period, before the free gratuities were a perk, and noticed that free gratuities were offered on the Princess site last week. Quick call, TA contacted Princess...voila, I got the free grats added to my booking! It never hurts to call, you never know what they might be able to do.

Good Luck!

Jerry & Dorie

Good to know you had it after final payment date!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I think a lot of people have been successful in getting refunds & free gratuities for the upcoming January sailings due to the hurricane damage in the Caribbean. Be aware, though, that if your category is sold out they will be reluctant to apply the offers. When I called, they said that my category was sold out and that the best they could offer was an "upgrade" with the free gratuities. I placed the word upgrade in quotes because they wanted to move me from my forward Emerald deck cabin on the Regal to one a little bit further back. For those familiar with the Regal, you know that those forward cabins have huge balconies so, to me, this was actually a downgrade. I pushed back and they finally agreed to apply the free gratuities but wouldn't budge on the price reduction. Overall, I'm happy with the outcome. Just a word of warning to others who might be in a similar situation.

We had 3 cruise in Dec past payment date. We got the free grat plus OBC - not as much as the price reduction but still good. Also have 3 for Jan that were near due date that we got price change and grat. First rep talked to would not do anything as offer was for 'new booking' only but next rep called was very helpful.

Third time was the charm for me, I was rebuffed twice with it did not apply to that cruise, third time I called in the same day the rep took a few seconds to check what was happening with my booking and gave me a nice discount and free gratuity.

Call, call and call again. Trust me 90% of the folk on the phone don't care to give you money back.

framer

I placed the word upgrade in quotes because they wanted to move me from my forward Emerald deck cabin on the Regal to one a little bit further back. For those familiar with the Regal, you know that those forward cabins have huge balconies so, to me, this was actually a downgrade.

Hi Sandy of the Seas, do you hear noises from the theater from those forward cabins??? I like forward balconies on other ships but was concerned about noise issues on Regal/Royal.

Sorry to OP for tangent question!

I booked directly with princess for Dec cruise and they would not do anything when I called about price drops and free gratuity offer.

Do not go by what the person on the phone tells you.

Ask for a supervisor.

The price drops for our Nov and Dec cruises are so frequent, I hate to keep checking!

I was curious and checked our Panama Channel cruise to see what is available. I do not think I'll be getting anything. The category I booked is now $700 more. I'll check closer to final payment to see if we can get any gratuities or OBC.

The Sale on these Caribbean/PC sailings (up until April ) , that people are having success adjusting and adding free grat's , will expire tomorrow 10/31 .

Jump on it .

Wrong. The 3 for Free expires Nov 16th. This is from the offer: Offer expires: 11/16/17. Reference promotion code: N9A through N9Z

Good Luck!

Jerry & Dorie

Excellent!

Wrong. The 3 for Free expires Nov 16th. This is from the offer: Offer expires: 11/16/17. Reference promotion code: N9A through N9Z

Wrong

Not talking about the 3 for Free promo which expires 11/16

This is the $1 Deposit with Free Grat's that indeed expires today and many have had success with getting the Free Grat's added after Final ..

The 2 Promo's cover different cruises and dates .

Princess Sales are coming out hot & heavy with overlaps of some Sale dates .

A good reason to use a TA that can see them all .

Wrong

Not talking about the 3 for Free promo which expires 11/16

This is the $1 Deposit with Free Grat's that indeed expires today and many have had success with getting the Free Grat's added after Final ..

The 2 Promo's cover different cruises and dates .

Princess Sales are coming out hot & heavy with overlaps of some Sale dates .

A good reason to use a TA that can see them all .

That is Rate Code XXW for the Free Grat's that ends today .

Good Luck!

Jerry & Dorie

Thank you for posting this information. I called my TA today and she checked on my January 20 cruise. I saved $660. I lost $200 onboard credit but kept the free gratuities and came out $460 ahead. Thank you.