Replacement hotel for Pier 66, Fort Lauderdale?

English_in_Spain

I have asked this on the Florida board but, as many of you here have experience of Fort Lauderdale hotels, I thought I would post it here as well.

I have stayed many times at Pier 66 before my cruises and we are booked there for 2 nights pre-cruise next month but, following comments here on CC and elsewhere, we have decided to change hotels.

Our TA has given us 3 alternatives.

Hilton Marina

Renaissance Cruise Port Hotel

B Ocean Resort.

We like the location of the Hilton being in the same sort of area as Pier 66 but generally I am not a great fan of Hilton hotels. I am also concerned by a comment I read about there being a Tiki bar open late at night. Is this very noisy?

B Ocean Resort looks nice but a bit far out - we are not interested in the beach as we have that at home.

There is a small extra charge for the Renaissance.

Can anyone give me some advice which to choose.

So many changes have happened to this trip I wonder if someone is trying to tell me something - lol

We love the Riverside over on Las Olas. Lots of shops (Chico’s, fresh produce, etc)and restaurants and right next to a stop for the water taxi.

We ❤️ it...just as we love the Colon in Barcelona. You helped me with that back in ‘13.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Out of the 3 hotels offered, we prefer the Renaissance for its proximity to shops and restaurants. The Hilton is just a block farther away but the rooms are nicer also at the Renaissance.

p.s. Agree with innady1, we are booked for 4 nights at the Riverside before our January cruise. Great location as January is too cold for the beach anyways.

We love the Riverside over on Las Olas. Lots of shops (Chico’s, fresh produce, etc)and restaurants and right next to a stop for the water taxi.

We ❤️ it...just as we love the Colon in Barcelona. You helped me with that back in ‘13.

Pier 66, is no longer a Hyatt franchise but the hotel has reopened, in time . there are going to be some substantial changes made, and unfortunately some of the lovely grounds will be dis turbed. The Hilton mairna is just opposite Pier 66 on same side of 17th street.

Edited by sail7seas

I have asked this on the Florida board but, as many of you here have experience of Fort Lauderdale hotels, I thought I would post it here as well.

I have stayed many times at Pier 66 before my cruises and we are booked there for 2 nights pre-cruise next month but, following comments here on CC and elsewhere, we have decided to change hotels.

Our TA has given us 3 alternatives.

Hilton Marina

Renaissance Cruise Port Hotel

B Ocean Resort.

We like the location of the Hilton being in the same sort of area as Pier 66 but generally I am not a great fan of Hilton hotels. I am also concerned by a comment I read about there being a Tiki bar open late at night. Is this very noisy?

B Ocean Resort looks nice but a bit far out - we are not interested in the beach as we have that at home.

There is a small extra charge for the Renaissance.

Can anyone give me some advice which to choose.

So many changes have happened to this trip I wonder if someone is trying to tell me something - lol

Being Marriott folks we usually stay at the Renaissance, close to restaurants and shops!

This is not one of the hotels our TA offered. I will ask him if it is possible.

Pier 66, is no longer a Hyatt franchise but the hotel has reopened, in time . there are going to be some substantial changes made, and unfortunately some of the lovely grounds will be dis turbed. The Hilton mairna is just opposite Pier 66 on same side of 17th street.

I have heard that although Pier 66 is open the tower suffered quite a bit of damage in the hurricanes and that neither the tower rooms nor the restaurant are currently open.

I have heard that although Pier 66 is open the tower suffered quite a bit of damage in the hurricanes and that neither the tower rooms nor the restaurant are currently open.

B y restaurant, are you referring to the breakfast room or to Grill 66?

We used to stay at the Hilton when it was a Marriott. Ask for a tower room facing the port and you won't be bothered by the tiki lounge noise. We also booked the Hyatt Pier 66 but after getting the email that it was no longer going to be a Hyatt, we originally moved to the Renaissance but since we're driving from Tampa, I decided to move to the Hyatt Place on 17th St since they have a parking package.

I've stayed at the Hilton Marina and really enjoyed it. I enjoy that area. I really don't enjoy the Los olas area. Way to far from the port for my enjoyment. I would only stay there if it was much cheaper. I did book the riverside for my cruise in the spring but canceled when the price of the hotels went down at hotels I prefer.

I've stayed at the Hilton Marina and really enjoyed it. I enjoy that area. I really don't enjoy the Los olas area. Way to far from the port for my enjoyment. I would only stay there if it was much cheaper. I did book the riverside for my cruise in the spring but canceled when the price of the hotels went down at hotels I prefer.

To each their own, I guess. We love the ambiance...the in house restaurant, the piano player in the lobby each night, the tower rooms with the view of the river walk, having breakfast at their sidewalk cafe...all of it. We consider it a vacation before our vacation. ❤️

Staying at the Hilton Marina for my upcoming Veendam cruise both pre-and post-cruise. A balcony room provides a nice place to relax. A number of restaurants on site saves having to leave for meals. There is a drugstore one block away for toiletries/snacks.

I have stayed at this hotel twice and enjoyed the ambiance and level of service.

To each their own, I guess. We love the ambiance...the in house restaurant, the piano player in the lobby each night, the tower rooms with the view of the river walk, having breakfast at their sidewalk cafe...all of it. We consider it a vacation before our vacation. ❤️

And we've done them all and keep going back (y)(y) And we love the Big City Tavern just across the street.

We have decided to go with Riverside Hotel. I think the location will suit us as we will have a few bits of shopping to do (buying toiletries etc rather than bringing them from home).

Our TA has offered us a choice of room types with extra costs on what we have already paid for the two nights at Pier 66

The standard ‘Classic’ room - £11 extra

Executive room - £56 extra

Executive Balcony room - £92 extra

Can anyone advise whether it is worth paying extra for the better rooms.

We have decided to go with Riverside Hotel. I think the location will suit us as we will have a few bits of shopping to do (buying toiletries etc rather than bringing them from home).

Our TA has offered us a choice of room types with extra costs on what we have already paid for the two nights at Pier 66

We much prefer the Executive rooms (also refered to as Tower rooms). Both the Executive and the Executive Balcony are the same size. They are much bigger than the Standard Classic rooms which are in the older original part of the building and also have a larger bathroom. If you opt for Tower room, request a room with a view of the River Walk.

Absolutely better. Without hesitation.