Latest Celebrity Sale... Are they joking?!

Sandy1975

I received the latest X promotion : savings in cabin / person + 1 perk. If you have others in same room is 1/2 off for them (i think since it is always just me and my husband I dont pay attention to this part.

I wanted to see how my C3 cabin for a caribbean sailing on 3/18 would price. The per person saving of 300 was a flag to me and I expected inflated prices but not as high as the results I got. The total cost with 1 perk (for which I had to add extra 200/person) was almost $2000 more than what I paid a few months ago. What a great sale this turned out to be (not)!

I just repriced mine, which I had repriced about a week ago, and the difference was only $8. It really depends on supply and demand at the time. I’d bet if you had checked a few days ago a majority of that $2,000increase had already happened. Pat yourself on the back for having gotten a good deal by booking early.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I just repriced mine, which I had repriced about a week ago, and the difference was only $8. It really depends on supply and demand at the time. I’d bet if you had checked a few days ago a majority of that $2,000increase had already happened. Pat yourself on the back for having gotten a good deal by booking early.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I repriced it last week and the difference was +500 son from last week to today is up 1500. Maybe it is supply/demand but it is a big difference

I received the latest X promotion : savings in cabin / person + 1 perk. If you have others in same room is 1/2 off for them (i think since it is always just me and my husband I dont pay attention to this part.

I wanted to see how my C3 cabin for a caribbean sailing on 3/18 would price. The per person saving of 300 was a flag to me and I expected inflated prices but not as high as the results I got. The total cost with 1 perk (for which I had to add extra 200/person) was almost $2000 more than what I paid a few months ago. What a great sale this turned out to be (not)!

The EC 3/18/18 sailing? Total for 2 shows as $4448.56 currently...If you saved almost $2000, that would bring it down to $1224.28 per person, taxes included and 2 perks? For a C3 14 night sailing?

Edited by Pitboss32

The sale that just ended was much better IMHO - my clients were saving a lot more money and getting a lot more OBC when the TA perks were factored in - I've had to tell several clients today who called in that they couldn't' get what they wanted because the sale was over and their fares increased.....early bird gets the worm!

The EC 3/18/18 sailing? Total for 2 shows as $4448.56 currently...If you saved almost $2000, that would bring it down to $1224.28 per person, taxes included and 2 perks? For a C3 14 night sailing?

I haven't updated my signature. It is a 7 day cruise.I checked in a TA site and the price is better than X site. One reason to never book with X I guess.

The sale that just ended was much better IMHO - my clients were saving a lot more money and getting a lot more OBC when the TA perks were factored in - I've had to tell several clients today who called in that they couldn't' get what they wanted because the sale was over and their fares increased.....early bird gets the worm!

Agree and the ones during summer were even better.

I haven't updated my signature. It is a 7 day cruise.I checked in a TA site and the price is better than X site. One reason to never book with X I guess.

A C3 on the Silhouette sailing on 3/18 is only $2555.34 for 2.

I am trying to figure out the almost $2000 savings you mentioned that you saved over Celebrity's current rate.

Based on Celebrity's current promotion, their base rate is $1149 per guest with taxes/fees of $128.67 per person.

If you saved almost $2000 based on Celebrity's current rate, that would drop to about $555.34 for 2 that you paid for a C3?. ...

I am trying to figure out the almost $2000 savings you mentioned that you saved over Celebrity's current rate.

Based on Celebrity's current promotion, their base rate is $1149 per guest with taxes/fees of $128.67 per person.

If you saved almost $2000 based on Celebrity's current rate, that would drop to about $555.34 for 2 that you paid for a C3?. ...

Are you trying to confuse the situation with actual facts?

It wasn't when I did it right before I posted. I even had to add $200/person for the go big. So based on that, it was 1800 more than the price I booked with back in July. I never book directly with X but I use it to see if I should bother contacting my TA.

Now I feel dumb... oh well. It was the price when I checked. I even checked a cabin right next to the one I had booked.

Our fare for a CS on 3/2019 sailing on Equinox dropped by over $300. Already rebooked with the savings! This is the second time we've had a price drop on this cruise. Saved $800 since original booking we made while onboard Summit in March of 2017.

Our fare for a CS on 3/2019 sailing on Equinox dropped by over $300. Already rebooked with the savings! This is the second time we've had a price drop on this cruise. Saved $800 since original booking we made while onboard Summit in March of 2017.

Should I clear my cookies or use a different browser? I checked again and while it is not close to 2k more, it is still tge avg price for a C3 cabin. I guess I got a good deal when I booked and I should stop looking...

It really pays to watch closely for sales. We booked our Solstice 12 night Dec 9th Australia/New Zealand cruise category 1B in May for 2149 per person plus port fees/taxes. In August, we noticed they were having a sale and we were able to change to only 1200 per person for the same cabin! They have a price guarantee that is worth researching for those that have already booked but not yet made final payment: https://www.celebritycruises.com/company/customer-support/best-price-guarantee

Should I clear my cookies or use a different browser? I checked again and while it is not close to 2k more, it is still tge avg price for a C3 cabin. I guess I got a good deal when I booked and I should stop looking...

Same rate as yesterday. $2555.34 11/3/17 at 3:37pm eastern time.

Wow! Going in to book a mock cruise on Celebritys website is complete insanity. I booked a 4 night cruise on Oct 29 and paid in full. I looked yesterday and Yes I know it was after final payment and seen it went down $300 with their Summer of Savings Sale. Called Celebrity hoping to get a representative that would understand and help us out. She said they couldnt do anything. I looked today and again did a mock booking to see final price and thru the process 3 different prices for same room class and ended up being $20 more than what I paid On Oct 29. All of their dollars change it seems daily whether it be perks, cost of fare, discounts and so on.

How do they keep it straight?

Does Celebrity truly change the costs that often? I guess a guy should just look at the final number and say Yes it works or doesnt work.

Seems like they just change the numbers and call it a different sale?

Has anyone else seen the variations in price going through the process of booking a room?

Sorry if this seems confusing..thats because Im confused..

Wow! Going in to book a mock cruise on Celebritys website is complete insanity. I booked a 4 night cruise on Oct 29 and paid in full. I looked yesterday and Yes I know it was after final payment and seen it went down $300 with their Summer of Savings Sale. Called Celebrity hoping to get a representative that would understand and help us out. She said they couldnt do anything. I looked today and again did a mock booking to see final price and thru the process 3 different prices for same room class and ended up being $20 more than what I paid On Oct 29. All of their dollars change it seems daily whether it be perks, cost of fare, discounts and so on.

How do they keep it straight?

Does Celebrity truly change the costs that often? I guess a guy should just look at the final number and say Yes it works or doesnt work.

Seems like they just change the numbers and call it a different sale?

Has anyone else seen the variations in price going through the process of booking a room?

Sorry if this seems confusing..thats because Im confused..

After final payment, the price for a category can change several times a day. X uses an algorithm to determine capacity and pricing. It is pretty crazy. I used a spreadsheet to track their pricing after final payment this past TA that we were on.

Varied a lot depending on the cruise and cabin category (so I suppose based on supply and demand.)

From 11/1 to 11/2, the Jan 4, 2019 Solstice 13N New Zealand cruise price of an A2 dropped from $2899 to $2599. With the loss of one perk ($182 gratuities) the effective price drop was $118 pp.

But the price of a 1B only dropped from $2619 to $2449; with the loss of one perk ($175.50 Gratuities) an effective price increase of $5.50 pp.

So I switched to the A2.

So bottom line. If you can and have the time. If you pick a cruise. Follow it and after final payment book once it drops. Not all drop im sure depends on supply and demand..

Basically yes. People will often comment on price drops but some prices can increase massively.

Example, we booked Millennium 1st april 2018 onboard in early february this year. The price for an aqua class 1 room was $2949 (Two perks, $250 OBC from X and $250 OBC once the onboard booking was transferred to our US TA for a total of $500 OBC). A pretty good deal IMHO.

The cruise sold well and prices for the same cabin peaked at $5399. Today the price is $4659 with one less perk and less OBC than we received.

However, this is another thing to watch out for, we've ended up cancelling due to business commitments at that time of year. So I looked at alternative sailing dates. The same itinerary is on the 27th of october 2018.

As we booked initially onboard we can keep the two perks and the $250 OBC from Celebrity. The US TA was only offering $200 OBC so we're down $50 OBC but the cruise fare price has dropped to $2599 per person. So rebooking means we're $325 better off each. So all good.

Then... Just yesterday the price drops to $2299 per person. So we can keep the 2 perks still because we booked onboard, we can keep the original $250 from Celebrity for booking onboard. But as the TA deal has now changed that reduced $200 OBC has now dropped to $25. So we're still $425 better off again.

In short if you can manage to keep up with all of those details you'll see that with a lot of messing about you can score some good deals. The price could in theory drop again... However I completely understand why some can't be doing with the hassle and will just book it and leave it! :)

***For those checking price history, my prices are based on an A2 but we've used our one category Captains Club upgrade to get an A1 stateroom. Just to further complicate things for the newbies reading this! :D