Rotterdam refurbishment

Cruizer Bill

The self serve laundry is gone. I asked about it and they said the closings are fleet wide. It is gone on the Rotterdam.

That's a shame. On longer cruises there are times I need to wash my evening clothes, or touch up iron day or evening clothes.

Some things I just do not want to send out.

Some reported on this board a few months ago that it was an issue about reducing the spread of viruses.

Really??? My skepticism is showing.

BTW, and I'm sorry if this has already been answered, do you know what the color scheme is for the Vista Suites? Is it still the old red and gold?

Really??? My skepticism is showing.

BTW, and I'm sorry if this has already been answered, do you know what the color scheme is for the Vista Suites? Is it still the old red and gold?

I am just restating what someone else posted, but it does make some sense to me. If you have ever been on a cruise on a "sick" ship you would see how they work to sanitize everything and I can see the passenger laundry being an issue.

I am just restating what someone else posted, but it does make some sense to me. If you have ever been on a cruise on a "sick" ship you would see how they work to sanitize everything and I can see the passenger laundry being an issue.

The first thing they always do is shut down the self serve laundries on any "sick" ship I have been on.

Only three so far and that's more than enough for me. In those scenarios, reduced pricing was offered for the ship's laundry.

I have never been on a ship with so many people reporting problems with their cabins - flooding, no hot water, or no A/C. It is really bad on this cruise. I have seen people changing cabins two or three times.

Bill, any complaints of the toilets not working? I saw a pic of a leak with some buckets under it on Lido! Probably a good thing the Ship is not full with all the issues!

Unlike HAL's website, the big-box TA based in the Great Pacific Northwest usually shows all available cabins in each category and deck. Right now they show 20 total available for the next (19-Nov) sailing. Not much opportunity to swap.

We will be joining you on it, Bill, so here's hoping lots gets done over the next six days. Regardless, it is always an adventure and beats another week at the office.

I have never been on a ship with so many people reporting problems with their cabins - flooding, no hot water, or no A/C. It is really bad on this cruise. I have seen people changing cabins two or three times.

Wow again :eek:

What the heck happened to this ship since April/May?

Such a change in a few short months and yours is the second report of this :eek:

What a shame. :( Hope you two are ok.

Wow again :eek:

What the heck happened to this ship since April/May?

Such a change in a few short months and yours is the second report of this :eek:

What a shame. :( Hope you two are ok.

I'm wondering the same thing? Incomplete dry dock work? I'm considering a Winter booking on Rotterdam and am now wondering if I should not do so.

Bill, any complaints of the toilets not working? I saw a pic of a leak with some buckets under it on Lido! Probably a good thing the Ship is not full with all the issues!

Not enough water pressure/suction in the system and sometimes the toilets do not flush and back up. This has. Happened to us three times so far.

We were on this ship for two weeks in May and it was much better then, no problems.

I'm wondering the same thing? Incomplete dry dock work? I'm considering a Winter booking on Rotterdam and am now wondering if I should not do so.

I’m booked February 11 for 14 days and am wondering the same. [emoji848]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not enough water pressure/suction in the system and sometimes the toilets do not flush and back up. This has. Happened to us three times so far.

We were on this ship for two weeks in May and it was much better then, no problems.

Thanks, Bill! We were thinking of booking a last minute "get away" on her for January but will hold off for now. We were on Ryndam shortly before she left the Fleet and had major problems with the toilets in our area and it was not fun! :eek:

I’m booked February 11 for 14 days and am wondering the same. [emoji848]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have booked for april. Not even considering cancelling . Most drydock periods are too short to take care of everything , nowadays it ‘s just 2 weeks , while 4-6 weeks was customary in the 70’s and 80’s .

Lot of work is being done on board in the weeks when sailing ( and making money again ) . I certainly do not approve .

Above mentioned problems are mainly mechanical and will probably be fixed in a few weeks . I ve been in the Rotterdam 5 times and there were always small leakage problems . With the emphasis on small . Never bothered me . Looking forward to sailing on her again !

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Cruizer Bill,

Are the problems with the A/C, flush issues, etc. concentrated in a certain section of the ship?

Our family booked an inside cabin on the Main Deck bow.

I have booked for april. Not even considering cancelling . Most drydock periods are too short to take care of everything , nowadays it ‘s just 2 weeks , while 4-6 weeks was customary in the 70’s and 80’s .

Lot of work is being done on board in the weeks when sailing ( and making money again ) . I certainly do not approve .

Above mentioned problems are mainly mechanical and will probably be fixed in a few weeks . I ve been in the Rotterdam 5 times and there were always small leakage problems . With the emphasis on small . Never bothered me . Looking forward to sailing on her again !

I'm counting on this, that these mechanical problems will be fixed soon. I'll be watching the reviews, as we're booked on her for the VOV 38 days next July. I don't mind minor leaks and we won't be needing A/C, but flushing issues would do it for me. :eek:

Absolutely, and we have been on several "sick" ships. However, shutting it down temporarily and totally removing the equipment are two different things. I suspect it may be more a matter of economics than viruses.

Absolutely, and we have been on several "sick" ships. However, shutting it down temporarily and totally removing the equipment are two different things. I suspect it may be more a matter of economics than viruses.

I do believe that you hit the proverbial nail on the head. That's my suspicion too.;)

Cruizer Bill,

Are the problems with the A/C, flush issues, etc. concentrated in a certain section of the ship?

Our family booked an inside cabin on the Main Deck bow.

Sorry to say they are spread far and wide. We are still having fun though. We are in

Curacao today and they built a new

Pier even further away from

Town. What a walk!

For several recent years, I have felt that the amount of time devoted to a dry dock is insufficient given the increasing age of the fleet.