Premier Beverage Package Questions

Hermitogo

The secret cruise police monitor how often a card is used and then follow the perpetrator to make sure he/she has not given the drink to another person or even allowed them to sip it.

Really - why do you think it is OK to scam the system when it clearly says that the drink package is not to be shared?

I'm not planning on getting the drink package, but the "not allowed to sip" would be hard for me and my wife. We often try a sip or bite of each other's drink or meal. It's just a "this is good, try it!" kind of thing. Not a "you drink half and then give it back" haha.

Of course, we can still do this when we pay full price for our drinks :)

With the 15 drink limit a day, in away you are just paying in advance for 15 alcoholic drinks, if that’s the case who are Princess to say what you do with them

Because if everyone used all 15 drinks every day Princess would be raising the price to make money. They count on not everyone using all drinks. Nothing in the conditions says you are buying 15 drinks - it says a single person can get up to 15 drinks for themselves not to be shared

Just returned from 28 days on Emerald Princess. We booked under the Sip and Sail about a year and a half ago so we both had the beverage package. Under the new rules we were limited to 15 alcoholic drinks per day. Not a problem. That's a lot of drinks.

Water: Small bottles of water were included. That includes small bottles of Perrier and San Pelligrino. I got one or the other most nights before bed. We go the regular plastic bottles of plain water when going ashore.

Liquor: They don't serve doubles. After a bit when the bartenders in Wheelhouse knew me well they would sometimes offer to pour me a double to take to the theater and then would charge for one drink right away and the other a little while later. (They knew my card number on the second day so it wasn't an issue for them to do the second charge after I had left for the theater.) This wasn't something offered to everybody.

Beer: During Happy Hour I saw them open the beers when giving them to people. Since we had the beverage package we couldn't participate in Happy Hour. My wife and I were able to ask (at other times) for an unopened beer and we were accommodated.

Champagne: A number of times we asked for the small bottle of champagne unopened and were accommodated. We took them to the cabin and had a number stashed in the refrigerator. Later on we would have Mimosas on the balcony. Very nice. We knew a number of other folks who did the same. By the end of the 28 days many bars were out of the little bottles of champagne...

I only drink wine (and no more than 3 glasses), so the PBP does not make sense for me, but I will buy a coffee card. My question is -if my traveling companion has the PBP, which includes a discount on bottles of wine, can we share the wine bottle at dinner? If not, then will just bring wine aboard and pay the corkage fee.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Champagne: A number of times we asked for the small bottle of champagne unopened and were accommodated. We took them to the cabin and had a number stashed in the refrigerator. Later on we would have Mimosas on the balcony. Very nice. We knew a number of other folks who did the same. By the end of the 28 days many bars were out of the little bottles of champagne...

Did one bottle = 1 drink?

I only drink wine (and no more than 3 glasses), so the PBP does not make sense for me, but I will buy a coffee card. My question is -if my traveling companion has the PBP, which includes a discount on bottles of wine, can we share the wine bottle at dinner? If not, then will just bring wine aboard and pay the corkage fee.

Wine purchased under the PBP discount is allowed to be shared and it doesn't just have to be shared at dinner. You can take the bottle back to your room if you like.

Wine purchased under the PBP discount is allowed to be shared and it doesn't just have to be shared at dinner. You can take the bottle back to your room if you like.

And since you paid for the bottle it does not count towards your 15 drink limit

Just returned from 28 days on Emerald Princess. We booked under the Sip and Sail about a year and a half ago so we both had the beverage package. Under the new rules we were limited to 15 alcoholic drinks per day. Not a problem. That's a lot of drinks.

Water: Small bottles of water were included. That includes small bottles of Perrier and San Pelligrino. I got one or the other most nights before bed. We go the regular plastic bottles of plain water when going ashore.

Liquor: They don't serve doubles. After a bit when the bartenders in Wheelhouse knew me well they would sometimes offer to pour me a double to take to the theater and then would charge for one drink right away and the other a little while later. (They knew my card number on the second day so it wasn't an issue for them to do the second charge after I had left for the theater.) This wasn't something offered to everybody.

Beer: During Happy Hour I saw them open the beers when giving them to people. Since we had the beverage package we couldn't participate in Happy Hour. My wife and I were able to ask (at other times) for an unopened beer and we were accommodated.

Any comments on the soda portion of the package?

Yes, you can share the discounted bottle of wine. In fact, your traveling companion doesn't even have to drink from the discounted bottle. The one with the PBP can order glasses of wine (included with the PBP) and let you drink the entire discounted bottle.

Any comments on the soda portion of the package?

Having just completed 25 nights on Royal withheld new Premier Package I can answer this, in regards to Royal.

Fountain soda all included. No cans. However, you can get a glass of the canned soda, just like with the Soda and More package. So, a glass of root beer was no problem. They open can, our glass and set aside for you. I "solved" the problem by asking for a large glass of root beer, like the ones they serve fountain soda in, and got the whole can in one glass. They wouldn't just give the can though.. You have to buy it if you want the can, but you get that 25% discount! Lol.

As foe doubles, they've never been covered by the package, but wete easier to get under AIBP with no limits once a bartender got to know you. As I drink vodka ***** the rocks, the bartenders assisted me in how to get a double for the legitimate price of one drink - the martinis in the Martini bar are double shots. So, I'd order a Ketel One Classic, no vermouth on the rocks and voila - a double for the cost and charged one drink, without bribing, fudging, working around, etc. Worked great.

As foe doubles, they've never been covered by the package, but wete easier to get under AIBP with no limits once a bartender got to know you. As I drink vodka ***** the rocks, the bartenders assisted me in how to get a double for the legitimate price of one drink - the martinis in the Martini bar are double shots. So, I'd order a Ketel One Classic, no vermouth on the rocks and voila - a double for the cost and charged one drink, without bribing, fudging, working around, etc. Worked great.

Thanks for an excellent suggestion. It's always good to be nice to the bartenders. :halo:

• 2 months later...
Having just completed 25 nights on Royal withheld new Premier Package I can answer this, in regards to Royal.

Fountain soda all included. No cans. However, you can get a glass of the canned soda, just like with the Soda and More package. So, a glass of root beer was no problem. They open can, our glass and set aside for you. I "solved" the problem by asking for a large glass of root beer, like the ones they serve fountain soda in, and got the whole can in one glass. They wouldn't just give the can though.. You have to buy it if you want the can, but you get that 25% discount! Lol.

Brilliant suggestion! :D:D:D

Beer - $ 6

Most Drinks - $ 10

split in the middle - $8 + 15% grat of course

How about a use it or lose it Alcoholic punch card? good only for current cruise

15 punches = 8 x 15 = $ 120 + 15% grat - sharing allowed

NO cokes, no water, no specialty coffee UNLESS - you got it - PUNCH

Be careful what you wish for....:evilsmile:

Thanks. I was under the impression that it was just 16 drinks alcoholic or otherwise. Is this not so? :cool:

The limit is 15 alcoholic drinks in a 24 time period (6am to 6am). There is no limit on non-alcoholic drinks.

Does that include if you buy the "5 beers for the price of 4" deals? I've pre-ordered 2 of these for our cruise and I don't want to turn up to find 10 opened beers sitting in my cabin!

What you will find in your cabin are two vouchers for your beer buckets. Which will be unlikely to redeem the first day of the cruise as it is all but impossible to get through to room service unless you are in a full suite. If your plan was to use them to toast the sailaway, cancel the pre-order and just go buy the bucket from the pool bar. And request them unopened.

I've never had a problem using it in any venue. do you remember which bar menu it was?

There is no bar name on it. The individual posted pictures of inside pages only. It looks generic enough for use in multiple venues. Perhaps the reference is for room service.