I do flaunt my C&A Status

Website?

Bookings are for the lower levels!

I usually just show up wearing my plush bathrobe, diamond lapel pin and sweet slippers. At that point the captain recognises our status, asks for our itinerary and makes the necessary arrangements while we sip free cocktails in the DL.

Each morning, they check to make sure we are still happy with the intended port and the captain makes his announcement often blaming the weather if we feel like another sea day!

Sounds fair enough to me...and much more dignified! :cool:

As she is a DS, she has every right to say "Hi" back to me, as I'm a P 2.0 sailing in a sweet, suite! Thank goodness I gained status before one had to provide their own oars. My gold oar now proudly hangs next to my stratums. I guess Royal no longer gives out gold oars, they have cut back on sooooooooo much!:o

Rick

Nice to know you had the chance to get your driftwood oar gold plated. :D

Now fellow thread mates...Rick and his bride are true royalty! And the nicest couple you

could ever hope to cruise with! :cool:

Oh and actually Graham said I am really a D++S. LOL!

Edited by island lady

At the risk of sounding pompous. Just keep heading down the stairs until you hear the bilge pumps.

Know your place and ask the platinums - do not waste the time of D++S - we are too busy flaunting our status.

Mea culpa Mea culpa Mea maxima culpa ( quoting a Jimmy Buffett song here);););)

Mea culpa Mea culpa Mea maxima culpa ( quoting a Jimmy Buffett song here);););)

Ahh...Fruitcakes...perfect for this thread! :cool:

"There's a thin line between Saturday night and Sunday morning. Here we go now...alright Altar Boys." :D

We had a very busy day yesterday, and got quite tired, at about 10 pm, I phoned Royal customer support and asked if they could move midnight up by an hour. The very rude rep just kept asking if I was "kidding". What on earth is going on with this company? I wish I had a fruitcake to send Royal.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Forums mobile app

Thanks i understand the fruitcake comments now.

Catchy little tune eh? We play that CD a lot when we are hanging out in the motor home (AKA cruising in the Land Yacht) in the Florida Keys with Margarita in hand. :cool:

Naturally we direct the Emeralds to order the Gold members to hand squeeze the limes and distill the homemade Tequila for us.

Catchy little tune eh? We play that CD a lot when we are hanging out in the motor home (AKA cruising in the Land Yacht) in the Florida Keys with Margarita in hand. :cool:

Naturally we direct the Emeralds to order the Gold members to hand squeeze the limes and distill the homemade Tequila for us.

Sounds fantastic.

Sounds fantastic.

It is!! :cool: But hurricane Irma decided to make other plans for our annual trip to the Keys in November this year. :o

Do you think the lower tier members had something to do with it? Seeking revenge on the royalty? ;p:p

It is!! :cool: But hurricane Irma decided to make other plans for our annual trip to the Keys in November this year. :o

Do you think the lower tier members had something to do with it? Seeking revenge on the royalty? ;p:p

You might be right.

Those lower tiers certainly blow a lot of hot air.

Can you all help please? I've just booked our first ever cruise on RCL. We're Elite on Celebrity which apparently makes us Diamond on RCL. I just have a few questions :-

Will I be assigned a gold or emerald member before boarding or during embarkation to run errands for us?

Gratuities are included with this booking for wait and housekeeping staff, but are these extended to gold and emerald members? Or should they just be pleased that we allow them to grab drinks and snacks to be delivered to our room etc?

If they under perform in any way do I contact guest services, or do we just beat them with a big stick until they improve?

And just out of interest, should the ship strike a large iceberg during our voyage and there be too few places in the lifeboats for golds, how do they decide which of them have a seat? Or is it whoever is fastest to unshackle themselves, drop their oar and run to the lifeboat?

Thanks in advance.

Can you all help please? I've just booked our first ever cruise on RCL. We're Elite on Celebrity which apparently makes us Diamond on RCL. I just have a few questions :- Welcome to the "if you've got it, flaunt it society".

Will I be assigned a gold or emerald member before boarding or during embarkation to run errands for us? The lower tier levels (LTL) will be waiting as you enter the ship. They will take any carry on luggage you have.

Gratuities are included with this booking for wait and housekeeping staff, but are these extended to gold and emerald members? Or should they just be pleased that we allow them to grab drinks and snacks to be delivered to our room etc? Gratuities are not extended to the lower tier levels no matter the service they are proving DS.

If they under perform in any way do I contact guest services, or do we just beat them with a big stick until they improve? Contact GS. Your time is to precious to be wasted on trivial tasks.

And just out of interest, should the ship strike a large iceberg during our voyage and there be too few places in the lifeboats for golds, how do they decide which of them have a seat? Or is it whoever is fastest to unshackle themselves, drop their oar and run to the lifeboat? Not a DS concern. LTLs will never ever be seated with DS. If you see a lower tier level running toward a lifeboat just trip them.

Thanks in advance.

Answers to your questions in red above. (y):cool:(y)

Hey everyone. Guess who's back? ;-)

I was a guest speaker at the intergalactic conference on Status Has It's Tenor. Very interesting and it was so nice to see many of you there. I really enjoyed hearing about the exciting new changes to the loyalty program. I got my information straight from somebody who knows a department assistant who shops in the same town where RCI has it's HQ, so it has got to be accurate.

I was a guest speaker at the intergalactic conference on Status Has It's Tenor. Very interesting and it was so nice to see many of you there. I really enjoyed hearing about the exciting new changes to the loyalty program. I got my information straight from somebody who knows a department assistant who shops in the same town where RCI has it's HQ, so it has got to be accurate.

Welcome back. Tell us more.

Welcome back.

We have been insulting the lower tiers and putting them in their place in your absence.