LIVE!!!!! From the ECLIPSE 14night Southern Carib!! - CHICAGOPAUL -

chicagopaul

I forgot to take a picture of the menu yesterday but it was some sort of lemon custard that I believe did have olive oil. I’ll ask tonight what the name of it was.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Paul. Yes that was it...it was a creamy lemon custard. Glad to see it's still on the menu!

Hi Paul, just loving your live review!! Was it nice and sandy when you went in the water at Carambola? We have been to Cockleshell beach and want to try something different. Thanks!!

Yes the sand was very nice. Since there was a private event going on there were a lot of chairs and other items set up that was taking up lots of the sand. But the sand was soft and clean. And the water is shallow and the current was very light. But he sure to make reservations online.

We enjoyed Sushi on 5 for lunch again today. I was surprised they were open on a port day, it is something we haven’t seen before. There were a few other couples in there eating and service was much quicker than the other day.

0d739063f693c688264c93562865b57a.jpg

a0598e09f9b07497ff0155ce676c316a.jpg

92c7f91239f09613391fbb94b1d5820a.jpg

We then went for some gelato. The woman working the gelateria was extremely nice. Very talkative. Maybe she was happy to have a customer? We took her recommendation and went with the banana. It was delicious.

d8314d7ede0bdf241a4f8562695e843b.jpg

Hi Paul and Edward,

Just a reminder, if you like the flamed chocolate ball in Luminae, it should be on the menu on Saturday.

Last week I wanted the flamed chocolate ball but we had dinner someplace else on Saturday so we asked the waiter to have the kitchen reserve one for us for Monday. They were happy to fulfill our request.

Hope you are having a great cruise (especially in the Royal Suite).

Terry and I are now totally spoiled by having the Royal Suite on the cruise before your cruise and have booked our next 3 cruises in the Royal Cruise. What can I say, LIFE IS SHORT - ENJOY IT WHILE YOU CAN. SPEND YOUR TIME WITH THE ONE YOU LOVE.

We are very lucky to have been successful in life and can now enjoy our time together.

Hope you can do the same.

Bob (and Terry)

Edited by Ravbo
Make spelling corrections

Yes the sand was very nice. Since there was a private event going on there were a lot of chairs and other items set up that was taking up lots of the sand. But the sand was soft and clean. And the water is shallow and the current was very light. But he sure to make reservations online.

Thanks for the tips Paul. Glad you and Edward are having such a wonderful time. 😊

Good morning. When Lumina is not open for lunch on port days are you able to have lunch in Sushi 5 without the cover charge? Or any other special restaurant without the cover charge? A long time ago we were able to go to the Bistro on 5 with no cover charge. (Suite passengers only) Funny thing is, it was not made that public. We were told by our waiter in Lumina. Thank you for you help.

I have a question. Or rather a favour to ask.....

I am looking to know what the karaoke selection is. In particular, if there are any songs by The Tragically Hip. I assume all of Celebrity uses the same library.... I will be on the Equinox in January. Need to know what/if any songs I need to practice... .:)

Thanks

Good Morning everyone and happy Friday from the pool bar in the port of Martinique it is a bit cloudy today. There are a few sprinkles starting to come down but that never killed anyone.

My last night’s report will come shortly. First, here is the daily program for today!

fd1910294e8497edb05c35d007ea4195.jpg

0e81b9065038ff117d45b6414c77a556.jpg

1b15c1cd30b0a0f94ce15451b40d8025.jpg

94f7e73a9d5cb1816a6fccec55dc517b.jpg

Last night we started at the Martini Bar per the usual. We then had some wine in the Ensemble Lounge and listened to the solo guitarist. He was very good. I wasn’t able to get video of him last night but I will in the next day or two and will post it.

Our dinner in Luminae was great last night. The grilled octopus appetizer rivaled octopus I’ve had back home in Chicago, in NYC, and in Europe. Extremely tender and great flavor. We then had the short ribs for dinner which were very tender and tasty. We had some pasta to split which was ok. Nothing to write home about.

e1cfad4e68aa9981e426ff2dfc46d0a8.jpg

f4f9b0ca133d7094dc166772f9fe6399.jpg

fe4580f4ebe012987ce5f89b8901d724.jpg

a4937d2ea1eafe4f6749f936598fd56f.jpg

7abe2bb2a3e830f13eef26b7e898cad6.jpg

3d8625ed07b869c73001d610bf33a694.jpg

Good morning. When Lumina is not open for lunch on port days are you able to have lunch in Sushi 5 without the cover charge? Or any other special restaurant without the cover charge? A long time ago we were able to go to the Bistro on 5 with no cover charge. (Suite passengers only) Funny thing is, it was not made that public. We were told by our waiter in Lumina. Thank you for you help.

This is a good question. I’ll look into it. We have not had to pay for Sushi on 5 but we are in a Royal Suite and one of the built in perks for royals and penthouse suites (and signature on Reflection) is unlimited specialty dining.

I like you remember that when Luminae was closed we were able to eat in Bistro for no cover charge but they didn’t publicize it.

I’ll ask and find out. I am very happy they decided to have Sushi on 5 open for lunch on port days. On our previous cruise it was closed.

I have a question. Or rather a favour to ask.....

I am looking to know what the karaoke selection is. In particular, if there are any songs by The Tragically Hip. I assume all of Celebrity uses the same library.... I will be on the Equinox in January. Need to know what/if any songs I need to practice... .:)

Thanks

I’ll see what I can find out. Need to make sure you can kill it at karaoke!!

Hi Paul and Edward,

Just a reminder, if you like the flamed chocolate ball in Luminae, it should be on the menu on Saturday.

Last week I wanted the flamed chocolate ball but we had dinner someplace else on Saturday so we asked the waiter to have the kitchen reserve one for us for Monday. They were happy to fulfill our request.

Hope you are having a great cruise (especially in the Royal Suite).

Terry and I are now totally spoiled by having the Royal Suite on the cruise before your cruise and have booked our next 3 cruises in the Royal Cruise. What can I say, LIFE IS SHORT - ENJOY IT WHILE YOU CAN. SPEND YOUR TIME WITH THE ONE YOU LOVE.

We are very lucky to have been successful in life and can now enjoy our time together.

Hope you can do the same.

Bob (and Terry)

Thank you for the recommendation! I actually read this last night and then overheard the table next to us talking about it as well. We have the officers dinner that night and the chocolate ball is my favorite! We’ve already had one saved for each of us. Thank you for the tip!!!

And yes, you’re right life is too short. You never know what tomorrow might bring so might as well enjoy life to the fullest while you can. Drink well, eat well, live well. In that order! Haha

Oh I forgot to mention the rest of our night. After dinner we headed to Ensemble to listen to the jazz quartet who were excellent. We got our favorite seats at the end of the bar where we can see the performers.

The bartenders at Ensemble are great and I want to make particular mention of that because I think it’s a bar that isn’t talked about enough. Cveta, from Macedonia was particularly amazing. She loves scotch and helped us pick out a new scotch to try and we have another new one to try tonight. Ironically she is the wife of Vasil (who has been our bartender at World Class in multiple cruises and is this cruise too).

I’ll upload some great video I took of the jazz quartet. They were exactly the kind of music I enjoy listening to Ensemble and reminds me of some of the music I love listening to in classic hotel bars (the Drake in Chicago, St. Regis in NYC).

Thanks for all the great information. If it’s not too much of a problem and if you still have the daily program, could you please take another photo of the daily program for Monday, at sea, November 27, the page that has all of the activities hour by hour? For some reason it’s just not working when I look at it on my phone or laptop. Thanks.

Thanks for all the great information. If it’s not too much of a problem and if you still have the daily program, could you please take another photo of the daily program for Monday, at sea, November 27, the page that has all of the activities hour by hour? For some reason it’s just not working when I look at it on my phone or laptop. Thanks.

Me to, page 3 Monday Nov 27

No problem. Let me know if this works. Same photo as before just re-uploading. If this doesn’t work I’ll take a new one.

41f32c26a8f41957a057d7f622ea9473.jpg

No problem. Let me know if this works. Same photo as before just re-uploading. If this doesn’t work I’ll take a new one.

41f32c26a8f41957a057d7f622ea9473.jpg

Ok i can see it , thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by gerelmx

We rarely go into the sky lounge. We stopped up there last night briefly to see Niksha, a bartender we know. But today we stopped up during the day to get a better view of the port from the ship. Since it was mostly empty I thought I’d use this as an opportunity to take some photos especially as someone asked me what the difference is between the sky lounge on the Reflection versus the Eclipse.

24e7c18f0e825b8c52de8c1d4f106483.jpg

c3a2bcc3544e624329e97aa6184372f7.jpg

0155858d0485c93530a982536164a1ee.jpg

5d0e1266523ea15c788aa42af827d09b.jpg

4d470536bfad7a1b02e4a58ccfee34dd.jpg

1412d440da37f467547a033f1d403b22.jpg