LIVE!!!!! From the ECLIPSE 14night Southern Carib!! - CHICAGOPAUL -

chicagopaul

It is sort of weird that they list wines in an "Above and Beyond" area but include wines above the maximum in the main list. We need some clarification. That said, I am pleased with the list. We will be in Luminae on the Eclipse in January so looking forward to their list as well.

Read the two posts before yours.

Both Jane and I realized (at the same time !!! :D ) that the list she posted was probably leftover from when the Eclipse was in England.

On those sailings the gratuity is included in the per glass price and the limit per glass is raised to cover that - so the limit would probably be $15/glass ($13 + 18% = just over $15)

Cheers and Good Evening Everyone! Today is the second of three evening chic nights. These are always my favorite. Edward always puts up a little fight in getting dressed up.

At lunch today our waiter Tony confirmed that we have the flaming chocolate ball set aside from last. Rest assured I’ll post video and photos of that. If I can’t get video of it up here you’ll be able to find it on my Instagram. Instagram uploads have been fantastic this cruise but my video apps have been fighting any video over a minute for upload. Besides that the internet has been pretty good.

4ac6f82dde914db4382006e114f721af.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We will be on the January 7 Eclipse sailing and are enjoying your blog. Thank you for all the rich detail. This is our first Celebrity cruise, but we have Select CC status from Royal Caribbean. We get a 25% discount on our internet package. My question is whether its better to buy our internet before we leave or after we get on the ship? How many devices can be used at one time? Is the wifi truly high speed? Thanks.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

For comparison, here’s a pic I took of the main part of our our CS balcony on the hump. Sorry that I can’t find any pics of the slanted part right now. Will try to attach a panoramic shot, but I’m not sure if it will help. 2ba0c5158535a5a6d24e9147d21b70dd.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I don't want to steal Paul's thread so I'll keep it short and just say thanks Jane, this looks great and is exactly why I think we'll stick with what we have. Looks like you may have been in cabin 1615. Deck 11, back side of the hump on the port side? We'll be in the same spot except starboard. Only other question is did you get a good mix of shade and sun or were you mainly in the shade with the over hang of deck 14?

I read about this last year but could never find it offered.

How did you find out about it?

(In the Daily? Special flyer? )

Also, does the $35 include any bottles to take home?

Thanks

On our last cruise there was always a table set up displaying the “class” at one door of the Buffet with a barker trying to interest the passengers in the class. It is basically a infomercial that you pay for to make your own blend and then to continue buying your blend from them.

I think that you get to sample each mix that you are creating. I don’t know if the price includes a bottle of your creation to take home or if you have to pay extra for one. Don’t know if the wine prices are based on the blend.

We rarely drink wine so we weren’t that interested. It did seem as if the cost to order was a lot higher than what we normally pay for a bottle.

Drink up🍸🍾🥃🥂🍺🍻

Was your contact named Edwin? Just asking so they can make sure corrected info is given.

JaneStarr - I spoke to a woman at Celebrity and was given incorrect Luggage Direct info. Thanks a lot for the details about Michaels Club.

ChicagoPaul - Thanks for your great blog/review.

Very handsome Paul!

We are on the Dec 10th sailing and are thoroughly enjoying your daily updates/reviews. Thank you!

Cheers and Good Evening Everyone! Today is the second of three evening chic nights. These are always my favorite. Edward always puts up a little fight in getting dressed up.

At lunch today our waiter Tony confirmed that we have the flaming chocolate ball set aside from last. Rest assured I’ll post video and photos of that. If I can’t get video of it up here you’ll be able to find it on my Instagram. Instagram uploads have been fantastic this cruise but my video apps have been fighting any video over a minute for upload. Besides that the internet has been pretty good.

I don't want to steal Paul's thread so I'll keep it short and just say thanks Jane, this looks great and is exactly why I think we'll stick with what we have. Looks like you may have been in cabin 1615. Deck 11, back side of the hump on the port side? We'll be in the same spot except starboard. Only other question is did you get a good mix of shade and sun or were you mainly in the shade with the over hang of deck 14?

It was 1615!

Since I’m very fair, I mostly look for shade. I honestly don’t recall how much sun we had. I *think* there was more sun on the part of balcony not in photo. There definitely was more sun closer to the rail on part shown in photo.

Jane

Thanks for all the posts and advice.

We will board the Eclipse in Jan for the 14 night.

Formerly from Roseland...a good place to be from.

Haha! Good point! Thanks for following along! No problem. I’ll be getting to the wine list by the glass today.

It was 1615!

Since I’m very fair, I mostly look for shade. I honestly don’t recall how much sun we had. I *think* there was more sun on the part of balcony not in photo. There definitely was more sun closer to the rail on part shown in photo.

Jane

Replying to myself to add photos of our RS balcony at 5pm yesterday to show where the sun hits in late afternoon.

Paul’s thread is so thorough that I’m sure many will refer to it for reference. It makes sense to add my input here rather than starting a new thread. Hope this is OK.

Note that the footrest by the jacuzzi turns one of the dining chairs into a decent lounging option w/o giving up too much deck real estate.

Jane

a2e864a79a55518d364f1db9626942ee.jpg7a13229762f558dd135be5c939a8bc41.jpg87d79b9523f4d605c3ce0d0968ae0091.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by JaneStarr

Thanks for posting the menus. Sailing on Reflection this Friday and there are definitely some Martinis in our future!

Be sure to enjoy! Hopefully you have wonderful martini bartenders. I’m sure you will!

Last night was Chic night and I’ve seen a lot more people dressed up on this cruise than previous cruises. A good handful of tuxes, lots of sports coats, some beautiful dresses and lots of jewelry. People looked good!

Last night we really enjoyed our dinner in Luminae. To start I had the prawns and then hamachi crudo. Both were wonderful but the prawns specifically were amazing. We both had the veal and had a lobster to share. The veal was booked perfectly and we absolutely loved the sauce for the lobster.

df50e0415f19c8f723509be6abacbfd1.jpg

262aa456a1e79da62192cf049f570a9c.jpg

fec6e9234f672153a88517317ba83eab.jpg8cc87877b6d7ae52d67e6e013f1dac3a.jpg

7da0d17dff73cde30372cce1e67f06a6.jpg

e125649af247d338d330ebcfcfc9bd6b.jpg

Last night was Mirage in the martini bar. Mirage is a party thrown at the martini bar with dancers in the “alcoves” of martini bar behind screens. Just like the Mirage. It was pretty well attended, the music was very good and not too loud. The bar was definitely crowded and people seemed to be having a lot of fun.

e60420a06cf3c13b543eba5dbd31ea22.jpg

2718daedd52a0cffa20703333a9187b1.jpg

359fc751c853a816592cb5a93f7a610c.jpg