Spa Junior Suite Not So Guarantee

AlanLW9

Booked a SJ-GTY on Anthem at a great price. I knew I was rolling the dice with where my cabin would be located but not on what type of cabin I would be given.

Logged in today to find I had been given a Family Junior Suite. I'm traveling with one other passenger and have no use for two toilets and was really looking forward to the stand up shower.

Calling royal they've said there is nothing that can be done. They consider this an upgrade because its slightly larger. Though its not located on the hump and has a worse design.

I'd understand if I booked a balcony and was given obstructed view. That'd be fair. But moving me to a different category of room seems poor.

Any advice?

It's still a Junior Suite. So you have to keep that in mind. It's part of the pool, you can end up in it. For some people it is an upgrade, so you can't argue that. Two bathrooms is a huge win for a lot of people. and from what I understand, all JS have tubs. You can still shower in there.

Sorry you are disappointed!

That's right...you will have a shower you can stand in....the bottom is simply a tub...and that will give you a slightly larger bathroom. You are under no obligation to use both toilets! But, it could be very convenient! You are paying a reduced price, anyway...so go and enjoy!!

Booked a SJ-GTY on Anthem at a great price. I knew I was rolling the dice with where my cabin would be located but not on what type of cabin I would be given.

Logged in today to find I had been given a Family Junior Suite. I'm traveling with one other passenger and have no use for two toilets and was really looking forward to the stand up shower.

Nope you don't. You can only use one at a time. But if your sailing with someone else, they can use the second bathroom while you are busy!

Calling royal they've said there is nothing that can be done. They consider this an upgrade because its slightly larger. Though its not located on the hump and has a worse design.

It is an upgrade and it cost more. Most likely you wouldn't get a hump anyway because they are the most popular.

I'd understand if I booked a balcony and was given obstructed view. That'd be fair. But moving me to a different category of room seems poor.

Any advice?

So you are ok with an obstructed view (considered a downgrade) but not ok with a bigger cabin? Seems like you really wanted a specific cabin and not a good candidate for GTY's

So you are ok with an obstructed view (considered a downgrade) but not ok with a bigger cabin? Seems like you really wanted a specific cabin and not a good candidate for GTY's

No I would not be happy with an obstructed view, I was trying to make an example. Meaning a generic Balcony or Junior Suite guarantee is overarching and could contain any room in that category.

An Spa Junior Suite Guarantee is a specific type of junior suite. I suspected I would be put in a SJS and did not care where it was on the ship.

As I am traveling with just my significant other we were looking forward to the beautiful looking stand up shower and really.. we don't poop at the same time all that often come on guys.

Are the SJS that are not on the hump? I was not aware of this. Can you show me an example? It might be an upgrade for a family, but not a couple.

It is a cabin category upgrade as far as RCI is concerned - that's all that matters.

I guess that's my fault for not understand the cabin tiers. Never safe to assume...

Too much to ask that a Spa Junior Suite Guarantee would "guarantee" me a Spa Junior Suite. Never imagined I'd get an "upgrade" to a Family Junior Suite.

Not sure where people gather that this room costs more? I've always seen it cheaper than the SJS and have never been able to book it with just two people. :confused: It might cost more for a family of four..

Doesn't the Spa Junior Suite also have two toilets? Plus, now one of you never has to move the seat.

No, it doesn't...the SJS & JS only have one toilet, only the FJS has two.

I agree with the OP...Between these three categories of JS I would much rather have the SJS and would definitely keep checking.

Just call them and offer to swap with a family in JS. Surely not that hard :o

It'd be great if it's that simple; I'm not sure it is as they don't seem to display a lot of flexibility towards families.

Personally, I think the FJs are great and they're definitely not 'lower' than an SJ which would be the only way the OP would have a case.

It'd be great if it's that simple; I'm not sure it is as they don't seem to display a lot of flexibility towards families.

Personally, I think the FJs are great and they're definitely not 'lower' than an SJ which would be the only way the OP would have a case.

No harm in trying. OP is not satisfied and considers FJ overkill for 2 pax. Perhaps there is a loyal family in another JS who would be grateful for the extra space and facilities.

If OP tries and fails they get what they booked - a GTY JS (FJ)

For the record, I would be jumping for joy with FJ but would gratefully swap in a heartbeat If I had JS and FJ was offered.

No harm in trying. OP is not satisfied and considers FJ overkill for 2 pax. Perhaps there is a loyal family in another JS who would be grateful for the extra space and facilities.

If OP tries and fails they get what they booked - a GTY JS (FJ)

For the record, I would be jumping for joy with FJ but would gratefully swap in a heartbeat If I had JS and FJ was offered.

Is there a difference between what you're referring to, GTY JS (FJ) and what I had labeled on my booking confirmation SJ-GTY?

The only reason I'm making a big deal is because SJ-GTY seems like it specifically pertains to a Spa Junior Suite. It said Spa Junior Suite Guarantee when I booked and also while I waited for my room assignment. I certainly wouldn't want to be put in a worse Junior suite... I just felt that I booked a very specific type of suite though could not choose the specific cabin.

I have never heard of anyone who so loved the stand up showers. I think the real issue here is that the OP thought s/he was getting was to get a room on the hump. Which is HIGHLY unlikey for a GTY.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Forums mobile app

Are there any SJS not on a hump? I haven't been able to find any, just curious.

Does anyone know if the SJ-GTY is different than a JS GTY?

Yes, since it is a different category the baseline of what you would get as an assignment could be different.

I think there's a lot of confusion around the three types of Junior Suites on Anthem so correct me if I'm wrong.

Junior Suite - Part of connecting rooms on corner of hump. Smallest of the rooms. Biggest of the balconies. Bathroom with 1 Toilet with Shower/Tub combination. (Worst option in my opinion)

Family Junior suite - Bigger room, two separate bathrooms, one with a toilet/sink, one with toilet and shower/tub combo. (Second best, not on a hump)

Spa Junior Suite - Bigger room than Junior Suite. Two seperate bathrooms, one with toilet/sink, one with stand up shower and shower/tub combo. (Located on the hump)

If I had booked a JS GTY then yes, I'd be getting an upgrade. If I had a family to travel with, then possibly yes I'd be getting an upgrade. But if I booked a SJ-GTY, please how am I getting an upgrade? I can agree its a minor downgrade, but certainly not anything near an upgrade.