Good thoughts regarding the Caribbean Princess

CruzKnitr

I had never done a review before but this ship had been bashed so much I thought I would speak up for it. The review has been posted. I didn't include the Medivac because it had nothing to do with the ship. Those forward port side were able to watch the proceedings from our balconies. I was impressed that even with backtracking around Cuba to meet the Coast Guard helicopter we still made our Cartegena stop on time.

I wonder if experience from the week before made them announce that the canal day would be anytime dining. We didn't try a different venue because the buses were very late. We went to the buffet and the overflow was directed to BBQ and Steamers area. It was the only time we ate dinner in the buffet.

Overall we had a good time.

Glad to read some positive comments about Caribbean Princess. We will be taking our first Princess cruise on her in a couple weeks (we are seasoned cruisers but just never tried Princess). I was beginning to get concerned about the potential experience. Thanks for the feedback.

Sent from my Lenovo TAB 2 A10-70F using Forums mobile app

Thanks for your review! I've mostly sailed "newer" ships (except the Golden Princess for Alaska years ago), so after reading so many bad reviews, I was a little apprehensive about my trip on the Caribbean (in two weeks!!!!).

We're on the CB on Dec 20th for our first Princess cruise too. I'm always one that takes the negative comments with a grain of salt, and am happy to hear some positive remarks! Thank you for your review! :) Some folks complain for the sake of being heard (seen) and to get a rise out of people. Good chance they are the same that have concerns about the line up at the bank, the price of gas, the freshness of the bread, the direction of the wind....

We have completed 7 cruises on the CB for a total of 64 days with 4 of those cruises last year. We will be on the CB again next year for a 14 day cruise. The CB is one of the ships to get the ***** next year so it will be our first experience with *****. Obviously we do not agree with all the negative comments on the CB. We have found it to be just as good as the other grand class ships. Glad to see a positive report on the CB.

What is *****, please?

Ocean Medallion. It is a small round object like a coin (quarter size) that will replace the sea cards we now use to board the ship, open the cabin door, charge drinks etc. It is explained on the website and is being introduced gradually on all the Princess ships. Plans are to have it completely functional on all ships by the end of 2019.

I have become VERY skeptical of the negative reviews. Before I sailed on CB there were the same complaints. Got on the ship and we had a good time.

Recently the Crown is taking a beating here. We went on our Nov cruise and had a great time. They even had enough butter! @voljeep [emoji12]

We are really looking forward to the crown again in March.

Sent from my iPad using Forums