Changes to Princess Cruises' Captain's Circle Loyalty Scheme

I've just read the announcement made by Laura S (Snr Manager of Cruise Critic) at the top of the Princess Board entitled "Princess Cruises Ends Shared Loyalty Program with P&O".

The last sentence says "This policy change does not apply to P&O Cruises or Princess Cruises In Australia".

What does that mean??????

Maybe, us Aussie cruisers booking and taking P&O cruises from Australia won't be affected..

I got an email about it, so far only applying to P&O UK, NOT Aus, now I guess the question is, “will it spread?”

I concur with you Chez. The statement

"--By Adam Coulter, Managing Editor UK - This policy change does not apply to P&O Cruises or Princess Cruises in Australia."

is pretty clear that it is for P&O UK.I have not received any email from P&O or Princess regarding the change affecting the UK Carnival PLC cruise companies.

So I trust your Rosie allows you some space in her complimentary laundry bag and also allows you to partake in the mini bar, Mic? :')

Only one in the cabin needs the status, so yes, I get all the benefits of travelling with a ELITE passenger.

I've just read the announcement made by Laura S (Snr Manager of Cruise Critic) at the top of the Princess Board entitled "Princess Cruises Ends Shared Loyalty Program with P&O".

The last sentence says "This policy change does not apply to P&O Cruises or Princess Cruises In Australia".

What does that mean??????

Maybe, us Aussie cruisers booking and taking P&O cruises from Australia won't be affected..

I wouldn't count on it, but time will tell.

In the main text it says that P&O UK and Cunard ended their reciprocal loyalty years ago, but Princess didnt, so now Princess have decided to do the same.

It doesnt state P&O Aus at all......it seems that perhaps only those in the UK have recieved emails.

I have cruised P&OUK, P&O Aus and Princess and have not received any emails re the change.

We have not cruised with P&O UK as yet (we have one booked though), but have cruised Cunard (no cruise credits from them) and also P&O Australia ( quite a few cruise credits).

Fair enough, i.e. some Pom does 150 days or 15 cruises with P&O UK, then decides to go on a Princess Cruise, he/she is Elite from Day 1.

Is that fair to those who get their days exclusively on Princess sailings? :cool:

I have a mixture of both of the above but 75% of them Princess sailings.:halo:

So with no more P&O UK cruises on out horizon, our P&O UK sailings stay on our Princess Captains Circle a/c.

Not necessarily true. I would have been elite from day 1 on Princess on my first Princess cruise but I had to start with a blue card and then on my second Princess cruise I was in the elite category as they only recognised your P&O sailings after you had done one Princess cruise and this was back in 2005.

However I have just come of Diamond Princess last month and I used to get invited to the most traveled event every time. This time I did not receive an invitation and went and asked why. I was told that I am still elite but Princess is no longer counting my P&O days for their most traveled milestone and other milestones. So for me to get into the most traveled events they will only count my Princess sea days and not my P&O days. I will remain elite and still get the on board perks.

There are other milestones such as 75 cruise credits and you get morning tea on the bridge with the Captain and other perks, now Princess will only count your cruise credits from Princess cruises and not P&O cruises for these milestone goals.

Like you I do not mind and think I was lucky to get what I got at the time and things change. All the more incentive to cruise with Princess and build up my loyalty with them.

If I could have made suggestions to Princess I would have gone as far as saying to only recognise the P&O points when the line was owned by P&O and not by Carnival. I think this would have been fair as it would have really rewarded brand loyalty as prior to 2004 P&O and Princess were the one company.

My guess is maybe it would be better to wait for the info to come form the horses mouth so to say? For some reason I find news from Facebook to be as reliable as clothesline gossip or tweets from Donald Trump.

Agreed. There was a comment today saying Sun Princess and Sea Princess are going over to P&O.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Probably right there, maybe another couple of years they will be moved on.

Yep 2019-2020, then the trifecta of Sun Class ships will be with P&O Australia. ex Dawn Princess already there as Pacific Explorer of course.:hearteyes:

so is it the Pacific Exploder and Pacific Exploiter to join the fleet?

Perhaps, or Pacific Sun and Pacific Sea. Then Carnival Corporation can save money on the paint job, by saving the Sun and Sea bits. lol.:') Like they did with ye olde Pacific Aria and Pacific Eden, the HAL blue paint on the hull was left on, to save a few quid.:halo:

Again the Carnival Bean Counters reign supreme.

The new build for Princess has been named Sky Princess, continuing the recycling of names.

Princess seem to like recycling names no II, III Or IV added, just reuse the name. Often without much of a gap.

Then of course so many names are used by multiple lines, Sun springs to mind straight away as a name used by many companies.

Princess seem to like recycling names no II, III Or IV added, just reuse the name. Often without much of a gap.

Then of course so many names are used by multiple lines, Sun springs to mind straight away as a name used by many companies.

The Sun is used all the time, gives us light and keeps us warm.

The new build for Princess has been named Sky Princess, continuing the recycling of names.

Indeed and she will be the 4th of the 'Royal Class' of Princess vessels, after Royal, Regal and Majestic.;)

Ok. That is timely notice. I just got back from my travel agent with a tentative booking with P&O and was looking for info on the cross loyalty program with Princess. Looks like I can sneak this trip in on the Princess loyalty as booking confirmation/deposit is required Monday, 11th.

G and M

To add. Do P & O recognize Princess loyalty? Would they accept Princess loyalty for a booking made prior to 13Th December? We are Platinum Princess. Would that get us anything on P & O anyway?

To add. Do P & O recognize Princess loyalty? Would they accept Princess loyalty for a booking made prior to 13Th December? We are Platinum Princess. Would that get us anything on P & O anyway?

P&O Aus don't have a loyalty program, hence there is nothing to recognise, as there are no extra loyalty benefits.

That is another reason to suggest that it is not applying to P&O Aus, since it was to recognise your loyalty to the Carnival Aus group, in the absence of any P&O Aus program.