Haha, that didn't last long. $100pp deposit Next Cruise

whitshel

Oh Pat -- how awful! How long do you have to be in the cast? I'm so sorry,

Still not in a full cast. Doc on board said the swelling has to go down all the way before I get into a full cast, or I would be "slopping around" loosely in the cast when it went down. Needs to be tight. She checked it this morning, and looking good...but needs to be a week to 10 days before permanent cast. Then will be most likely 6 weeks I get to "enjoy" being in the full cast. :o:(

Going in january do you think the deposit for the next cruise will still be $100

Just last night we booked a cruise on Symphony while we were on Harmony. The agent told us the $100 per person deposit is a new policy that will likely remain and cautioned us that if we cancel or change the cruise, we will lose that deposit. We were really surprised.

We often sail on Celebrity also and I am hoping that new policy is not contagious, so that Celebrity gets that same idea too.

Still not in a full cast. Doc on board said the swelling has to go down all the way before I get into a full cast, or I would be "slopping around" loosely in the cast when it went down. Needs to be tight. She checked it this morning, and looking good...but needs to be a week to 10 days before permanent cast. Then will be most likely 6 weeks I get to "enjoy" being in the full cast. :o:(
That's too bad that you have to be in a cast for such a long time. Will it be non-weight-bearing for the entire 6 weeks. Are you still going on your Jewel of the Seas Cruise?

I remember being re-casted when I broke my foot many years ago.

Just last night we booked a cruise on Symphony while we were on Harmony. The agent told us the $100 per person deposit is a new policy that will likely remain and cautioned us that if we cancel or change the cruise, we will lose that deposit. We were really surprised.

We often sail on Celebrity also and I am hoping that new policy is not contagious, so that Celebrity gets that same idea too.

Celebrity has already gotten the memo. However, the price difference between refundable and non-refundable isn't that pronounced, about $100pp on the cruises I've checked on so far. We've gone with refundable for now.

So I called C&A to see what happens if a refundable booking made onboard with a reduced deposit in 2016 is repriced to the nonrefundable rate. The first rep said that the passenger will have to pay the full deposit amount. Let's see what the next couple of reps say. :)

Celebrity has already gotten the memo. However, the price difference between refundable and non-refundable isn't that pronounced, about $100pp on the cruises I've checked on so far. We've gone with refundable for now.

So I called C&A to see what happens if a refundable booking made onboard with a reduced deposit in 2016 is repriced to the nonrefundable rate. The first rep said that the passenger will have to pay the full deposit amount. Let's see what the next couple of reps say. :)

I just did that - deposit stays at $50

the reps have no clue!

They told me I have to go to $900 and where all surprised when the system did not ask for more $....

I just did that - deposit stays at $50

the reps have no clue!

They told me I have to go to $900 and where all surprised when the system did not ask for more $....

I'm a little confused -- will Next Cruise take a refundable booking with a deposit of $100 per person or does it have to be $250 per person?

Thanks

I'm a little confused -- will Next Cruise take a refundable booking with a deposit of $100 per person or does it have to be $250 per person?

Thanks

To my knowledge, the $100 deposit option is for non-refundable bookings only.

I still don't get the big deal over reduced deposits.

Unless you want to book 10 cruises now, and pick the one you will take later.

You still have to pay the full invoice.

No, we want to book 10 cruises now that we will go on over the next 2 years and not tie up thousands of dollars. Some people just are not as affluent as others. And, yes, we know it costs the same in the end. I still don't get why people just don't get that.:confused:

That's too bad that you have to be in a cast for such a long time. Will it be non-weight-bearing for the entire 6 weeks. Are you still going on your Jewel of the Seas Cruise?

I remember being re-casted when I broke my foot many years ago.

Saw the Ortho surgeon yesterday afternoon. To my great delight he put me in an "Air Cast" big boot instead of a full cast. I can "walk" with it by using the crutches as assist, but have to stay in it for at least 4-6 weeks, even sleeping with it on. Can take it off for showers. :) Xrays showed it to be a clean break, with no dislocation, so no surgery needed and should heal well.

Yes, still going on Jewel on the 7th. Where else can we go to get that spoiled and not have to cook, clean, etc? LOL! :D Bring on the pampering! :*

Saw the Ortho surgeon yesterday afternoon. To my great delight he put me in an "Air Cast" big boot instead of a full cast. I can "walk" with it by using the crutches as assist, but have to stay in it for at least 4-6 weeks, even sleeping with it on. Can take it off for showers. :) Xrays showed it to be a clean break, with no dislocation, so no surgery needed and should heal well.

Yes, still going on Jewel on the 7th. Where else can we go to get that spoiled and not have to cook, clean, etc? LOL! :D Bring on the pampering! :*

So much better to be in the "Air Cast" big boot instead of a full cast. And that you can walk by using crutches. I had one of those air casts after my first and second foot surgeries (fusion & ankle replacement). Also had to sleep in it but it was better than a cast. I think I wore mine out and they had to give me a new one because it would not pump up. This was from April, 2000 through early 2001.

The air cast will be much better to manage with on Jewel. Are you getting wheelchair assist to get on and off the ship?

So much better to be in the "Air Cast" big boot instead of a full cast. And that you can walk by using crutches. I had one of those air casts after my first and second foot surgeries (fusion & ankle replacement). Also had to sleep in it but it was better than a cast. I think I wore mine out and they had to give me a new one because it would not pump up. This was from April, 2000 through early 2001.

The air cast will be much better to manage with on Jewel. Are you getting wheelchair assist to get on and off the ship?

Thanks Sherri...good to hear you had good luck with the Aircast also. It indeed is so much better than a traditional cast. Wow...I knew you had surgery, but did not know you had your ankle replaced...ouch! I hope all is well and totally healed with no problems now.

Yes, I will ask for wheel chair assistance on Jewel. I can walk with the crutches for short "sprints ;)"...but long distances are tough. I also plan to ask for use of the wheel chair during our entire cruise for the longer trips down the hallways...especially if get we get to "rocking and rolling" on rough seas..will be more steady. Bucky will once again get to be very "pushy" as he becomes my driver. :D

I upgraded myself to a GS when the price of them went way below what we paid for a JS...so I expect to get an email from the CL concierge soon, and will make that request.

Thanks Sherri...good to hear you had good luck with the Aircast also. It indeed is so much better than a traditional cast. Wow...I knew you had surgery, but did not know you had your ankle replaced...ouch! I hope all is well and totally healed with no problems now.

Yes, I will ask for wheel chair assistance on Jewel. I can walk with the crutches for short "sprints ;)"...but long distances are tough. I also plan to ask for use of the wheel chair during our entire cruise for the longer trips down the hallways...especially if get we get to "rocking and rolling" on rough seas..will be more steady. Bucky will once again get to be very "pushy" as he becomes my driver. :D

I upgraded myself to a GS when the price of them went way below what we paid for a JS...so I expect to get an email from the CL concierge soon, and will make that request.

I had my surgeries in 2000 and the foot is as good as it can be but I still ice it every day (I bring a collapsible cooler and ask the cabin attendant for ice). The foot is turned out but I deal with it.

The most important thing on the air cast boot is to pump it up. My pump wore out after about 6 months.

I suggest that you also email Special Needs to request a wheel chair at special_needs@rccl.com[

You may also want to request a shower stool if you have any trouble managing the tub.

I am sure that Bucky will love being your "pushy" driver.

Great that you got a GS!!

I had my surgeries in 2000 and the foot is as good as it can be but I still ice it every day (I bring a collapsible cooler and ask the cabin attendant for ice). The foot is turned out but I deal with it.

The most important thing on the air cast boot is to pump it up. My pump wore out after about 6 months.

I suggest that you also email Special Needs to request a wheel chair at special_needs@rccl.com[

You may also want to request a shower stool if you have any trouble managing the tub.

I am sure that Bucky will love being your "pushy" driver.

Great that you got a GS!!

Yeah, this was a rare time when it would have been better to book at the last minute with these prices drops...but as cabins are not being booked, flights are very tough to get for many...thus those prices have gone way up as the cabin prices went way down.

Thanks for the idea for emailing special needs...if I don't hear from the concierge...I will do just that. And yes, a shower stool is a must...too hard to bounce around on one foot in the slippery shower! :eek::o

Yeah, this was a rare time when it would have been better to book at the last minute with these prices drops...but as cabins are not being booked, flights are very tough to get for many...thus those prices have gone way up as the cabin prices went way down.

Thanks for the idea for emailing special needs...if I don't hear from the concierge...I will do just that. And yes, a shower stool is a must...too hard to bounce around on one foot in the slippery shower! :eek::o

Pat - I would email Special Needs on Tuesday in any case. Better to be double covered.

Do you have to fly to San Juan? At least you got a good price for the flight.

You can still change if you book refundable, right?

To my knowledge, yes.

That's my understanding. I'd rather pay the full deposit and have the flexibility to change/move the reservations (we never cancel - we just change sailing dates and ship) when necessary. If inventory movement is slow I may move my original reservation and rebook the same cruise after final payment date. I've done this a few times and saved a lot. I believe you can also book at the higher refundable fare and switch to the non-refundable fare prior to final payment date.

There are still a lot of questions to be sorted out regarding all of the variables.

... I believe you can also book at the higher refundable fare and switch to the non-refundable fare prior to final payment date. ... .

This is true, though the difference in cost may decline as final payment date approaches.

Pat - I would email Special Needs on Tuesday in any case. Better to be double covered.

Do you have to fly to San Juan? At least you got a good price for the flight.

Thanks Sherri...and yes...flying to San Juan. My swimming is a bit curtailed, and with this heavy boot on...I would sink like a rock. ;p

Sorry...just had to poke a bit of fun at you. I will go sit in my corner of shame now. ;)

Happy Holidays to you and your family! :)

I believe you can also book at the higher refundable fare and switch to the non-refundable fare prior to final payment date.

There are still a lot of questions to be sorted out regarding all of the variables.

Have switched several of my "refundables" to non-refundable with saving hundreds of dollars, keeping same reservation..just lowering the final payment amount...AND picking up an extra 100.00 OBC. May not work for all, but sure works for Island Lady's pocket book! :cool:

Soooo.....several of us were considering booking our next cruise while onboard the Harmony at the end of March. Couple of questions.... What are the differences between using Nextcruise vs booking when the next WOW sale happens? Also, if there are 4 or 5 passengers in a cabin, is it $100 pp or per cabin? When we did our last booking onboard, we paid $100 per cabin. We need 2 accessible rooms so can’t wait very long...

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Soooo.....several of us were considering booking our next cruise while onboard the Harmony at the end of March. Couple of questions.... What are the differences between using Nextcruise vs booking when the next WOW sale happens? Also, if there are 4 or 5 passengers in a cabin, is it $100 pp or per cabin? When we did our last booking onboard, we paid $100 per cabin. We need 2 accessible rooms so can’t wait very long...

Thanks in advance.

The OBC from booking onboard can be combined with other perks that may show up later.

Thanks Sherri...and yes...flying to San Juan. My swimming is a bit curtailed, and with this heavy boot on...I would sink like a rock. ;p

Sorry...just had to poke a bit of fun at you. I will go sit in my corner of shame now. ;)

Happy Holidays to you and your family! :)

Funny about the swimming.

Hope you and Bucky have a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year filled with many cruises.