Whats the best excursion you've ever been on?

LetsTango

For me, there are two tiers. One, best overall excursion. Tulum in Cozumel/Playa Del Carmen. This was the best, most memorable excursion. I'd been to Tulum before, but the tour guide was hands down the BEST tour guide i've ever had. We've nicknamed him the Mis Amigo guy because he kept using that term over and over and over. Still, it was amazing.

second tier, is best excursion experience meaning the best time I ever had because of the excursion activity. For that, it would have to be my first independent excursion experience out of Falmouth, Jamaica. We went to 9 mile to visit Bob Marley's Mausoleum. It was an amazing experience seeing the countryside of Jamaica. At some points of the excursion, it was a little scary, but that was part of the fun I think. We used Liberty Tours in Jamaica and loved them. We did the Bob Marley experience for pretty much for almost 1/2 as much as the cruise wanted to charge. We ended up with a private tour for that cost and we got everything we wanted and more.

Spencer Ambrose "Jalousie/Sugar Beach Break" in St. Lucia. This was actually our first tour that was not booked through the cruise line. We were always afraid to take a tour outside of what the cruise line offered due to risk of missing ship if tour runs late. Through reports by others here on CC about Spencer's tours, I saw they they always got you back to the ship on time. We chose this tour since we we'd be spending between 4 and 5 hours at the beach, allowing plenty of time to snorkel, walk the beach for pictures, and have the time to just take in the beautiful scenery and enjoy it. When we want a "beach break", we want a decent amount of time at a beach, not just the typical 90 minutes, in which I always feel rushed, and Spencer's tours were the only ones who offered this. They picked us up right at the cruise center by speedboat and went directly to the beach, we had a full day at the beach with lunch/unlimited beverages (alcohol & non-alcohol) included. Snorkeling here is the best I've seen out of places we've snorkeled at. It was just a very nice, relaxing, and fun day on one of the most scenic beaches I've seen (this is MY opinion only). Spencer and the rest of his group actually interacted with us, so by the end of the day we felt like we were enjoying a beautiful beach with friends (Spencer/crew and others from the ship on our tour). On the return trip on the speedboat, we got a "sea tour"with several stops at points of interest and GREAT photo ops, including the Pitons from the water. Spencer actually turned the boat for everyone to be able get pictures without the heads of the other people on the opposite side of the beach and also allowed for time to get those pictures. And yes, we were back at the ship with about an hour to spare before back on board time. We had such a memorable and fun day on this tour that the next time we had a stop in St. Lucia, we booked Spencers' "Land, Sea, and Beach Adventure" to see more of St. Lucia, which is one of our favorite islands.

Beach day at White Bay in Jost Van Dyke (from Tortola). Amazingly beautiful place. Nothing better than Painkillers from the one and only Soggy Dollar Bar.

Agree the catamaran (Rebel Yell) trip to JVD was fantastic. Enjoyed seeing the islands coastlines and Soggy Dollar.

Catamaran Sail & Snorkel in St. Kitts. It was 6 hours, which was awesome because we had plenty of time for everything and nothing felt rushed. As part of it, they took us to a beach on Nevis that has to be my favorite beach ever.

We’ve had a lot of great excursions, but that one stands out as the one that I would book again immediately.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I believe this is called Fan-Ta-Sea. It's gone up a few dollars since we took it back in 2011. It remains as our favorite Caribbean excursion. That beach on Nevis was paradise.

A tour of the WWII Normandy beaches and the nearby American cemetary. Outside of that one and snorkeling, we've found that excursions booked through the cruise are a waste of money - i.e. the beach in Saint Martin - $28 r/t by van for two to Club Orient & $20 for 2 chaises & an umbrella = $48 for two vs $60 pp from the ship. We don't get off of the ship in a lot of ports - been to most of them and they all start to look alike.

I believe this is called Fan-Ta-Sea. It's gone up a few dollars since we took it back in 2011. It remains as our favorite Caribbean excursion. That beach on Nevis was paradise.

That sounds familiar! It was a little pricey but DH & I both felt we got our money’s worth out of it. And the Rum Punch was amazing [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Wow.....this is really, really hard!

no one favorite BUT....my top excursions:

Uxmal ruins...from Progreso

Xunantunich ruins with lunch...Belize

Helicopter and hike on glacier....Juneau, Alaska

Scuba diving AKR......Roatan

Underground river/cenote with 5th ave shopping....Cozumel

As I said...really hard for me to say. I have liked all my excursions except a handful, which were just okay, wouldn't repeat them.

My favorite Carnival booked tour is easy. Snorkeling in Grand Turk. We went to 2 locations- a reef & the wall. Both were amazing snorkeling locations & the tour was just all around fantastic.

If we're including private excursions it's a little tougher. I have 3 tops: Dunns River Falls in Ocho Rios, Victor Bodden's monkey/sloth tour & beach in Roatan, Cavetubing in Belize.

Private tour guide to El Yunque rainforest in Puerto Rico;

private driver and tour in Rome, where we saw a lot in one day; and

Moby Dick's Stingray City in Grand Cayman (multiple times, it's that wonderful!).

Did you do El Yunque on a cruise stop? I'm going to PR again in March. I've already done the foot tour of Old San Juan on a land trip & a cruise. Seen the forts both times. Did the Bacardi Factory, & El Yunque on the land trip & loved the rain forest tour so I'm curious if it's possible for the cruise stop. I'm traveling with the boyfriend who's never been to PR so I'm considering options aside from a 3rd visit to the forts.

No particular order.....all...20+ catamaran snorkeling in Caribbean on cruises different islands all the way down to bonaire

Rainforest in PR....Guide found here or TripAdvisor but if I were to go again, I would want to know how much time is going to have to regrow.

Freeport.....private driver....Gold Rock Beach..... shhhhhh

♥️

Virgin Gorda....The Baths! Most unique excursion so very

Unforgettable :cool:

You didn’t want me to just pick one did you?

75% private tours....not fun with 50 other people :eek:

Spencer Ambrose "Jalousie/Sugar Beach Break" in St. Lucia. This was actually our first tour that was not booked through the cruise line. We were always afraid to take a tour outside of what the cruise line offered due to risk of missing ship if tour runs late. Through reports by others here on CC about Spencer's tours, I saw they they always got you back to the ship on time. We chose this tour since we we'd be spending between 4 and 5 hours at the beach, allowing plenty of time to snorkel, walk the beach for pictures, and have the time to just take in the beautiful scenery and enjoy it. When we want a "beach break", we want a decent amount of time at a beach, not just the typical 90 minutes, in which I always feel rushed, and Spencer's tours were the only ones who offered this. They picked us up right at the cruise center by speedboat and went directly to the beach, we had a full day at the beach with lunch/unlimited beverages (alcohol & non-alcohol) included. Snorkeling here is the best I've seen out of places we've snorkeled at. It was just a very nice, relaxing, and fun day on one of the most scenic beaches I've seen (this is MY opinion only). Spencer and the rest of his group actually interacted with us, so by the end of the day we felt like we were enjoying a beautiful beach with friends (Spencer/crew and others from the ship on our tour). On the return trip on the speedboat, we got a "sea tour"with several stops at points of interest and GREAT photo ops, including the Pitons from the water. Spencer actually turned the boat for everyone to be able get pictures without the heads of the other people on the opposite side of the beach and also allowed for time to get those pictures. And yes, we were back at the ship with about an hour to spare before back on board time. We had such a memorable and fun day on this tour that the next time we had a stop in St. Lucia, we booked Spencers' "Land, Sea, and Beach Adventure" to see more of St. Lucia, which is one of our favorite islands.
Agreed. This was one of our favorite excursions.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Forums mobile app