Family found hidden camera in their cab in on Carnival ship.

sail7seas

ICarnival says it was non-operational but this is very, very upsetting, IMO. Some of tthese camerras can be as small as a pinhole and almost impossible to find. The report I heard said Carnival reported this to police......... but police where,, what country? I think it was on a Mexican cruise. Did they report it to

police in Miami?, IF that is where the ship embarked the guests.

Given some stories we've heard of air b 'an b , it seems this was inevitable. What a sicko world we live in. One has to wonder where it was trans mitting to?

I fail to accept that a multi national billion dollar corporation would risk it's reputation and credibility by supporting this kind of action.

Lots of theories as to what may have happened. I would go with it's nothing more than an old infrared receiver for the old CRT TV remotes.

Lots of theories as to what may have happened. I would go with it's nothing more than an old infrared receiver for the old CRT TV remotes.

I could be wrong...and I hope that I am...but in my profession, I work with pinhole cameras like this:

enhance

And this photo of the device found on board looks an awful lot like a pinhole camera with attached lens:

enhance

ICarnival says it was non-operational but this is very, very upsetting, IMO. Some of tthese camerras can be as small as a pinhole and almost impossible to find. The report I heard said Carnival reported this to police......... but police where,, what country? I think it was on a Mexican cruise. Did they report it to

police in Miami?, IF that is where the ship embarked the guests.

Given some stories we've heard of air b 'an b , it seems this was inevitable. What a sicko world we live in. One has to wonder where it was trans mitting to?

Obviously a crew member installed it. No way would a passenger forget to remove it.

Carnival's only concern is bad publicity so they won't do anything. Saw this story on the tv news last night.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Forums mobile app

My guess is a past passenger put it there to keep an eye on the steward and forgot it behind.

It was probably someone who read this thread on CC.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2568249&highlight=stolen+items

Stuff stolen on 3 straight cruise might get some CC readers paranoid.;)

Edited by DirtyDawg

Obviously a crew member installed it. No way would a passenger forget to remove it.

Carnival's only concern is bad publicity so they won't do anything. Saw this story on the tv news last night.

Well, an RCCL passenger like yourself would never forget to remove it, but we are talking about Carnival passengers here.:D

There is nothing I do in the cabin that doesn't happen at home but I still wouldn't want to be filmed/watched.

I cannot imagine anyone who would be unbothered to learn there may have been a camera recordingf them while in their cabin. I don't care if I was eating room service breakfast or reading a book, I would freak to learn there had been a camera possibly recording me. Is there anyone here who can truthfully say they would not care?

I cannot imagine anyone who would be unbothered to learn there may have been a camera recordingf them while in their cabin. I don't care if I was eating room service breakfast or reading a book, I would freak to learn there had been a camera possibly recording me. Is there anyone here who can truthfully say they would not care?

I agree with you completely --- of course there probably is at least one or two who will post something to the effect that it would be fine with them.

I agree, the only person I can think of would be perhaps an exhibitionist?

Oh, I disagree with that! You wouldn't believe the things I'm capable of forgetting, and I doubt I'm unique.:D

Oh, I disagree with that! You wouldn't believe the things I'm capable of forgetting, and I doubt I'm unique.:D

But would you be the type to put a hidden camera up in the first place? I think that whoever it was went to a lot of effort and trouble putting it up, then they wouldn't forget it.

But would you be the type to put a hidden camera up in the first place? I think that whoever it was went to a lot of effort and trouble putting it up, then they wouldn't forget it.

:confused: ......... Didn't Nixon forget to take the tapes out of his 'cabin'? ;):D