Dress code being changed without any notice

thon

Guayabera

Please educate me. This is something I never heard of.

I googled!

It appears that it is a button-down shirt with a straight bottom that is worn outside.

Correct me if I am wrong. Thanks

So now guys bottoms come into it! My husband's is not straight!

Just came off the Equinox the 23rd. The shirt question is quite simple. Shirts with sleeves means long or short sleeve, but no TANK TOPS which are sleeveless. Some men think are proper for dinner settings. Good for the cafe, but please not in the MDR or other proper dinning rooms.

thanks.

So now guys bottoms come into it! My husband's is not straight!

Straight bottom or gay bottom, why does that matter for a dinner?

You are right. It doesn't matter.

Straight or gay is fine, whatever one's personal preference happens to be. Celebrity does not discriminate and welcomes all. :halo:

Edited by varoo

Ryanair wanted to implement a toilet charge a few years ago however that concept never got off the ground. :D

Does anyone else remember when some airports installed pay toilets years ago?

That idea did not last very long.

Why sure any male be force to wear a long sleeve shirt in the spring or summer time cruising in the Caribbean or Mediterranean in an air conditioning restaurant? Are you not cruising to relax and have some fun, while on vacation.

Food for Thought.

People , if you are wearing non beach/park/sports or picnic attire.. it should be okay. Not saying this is a dress code rule.

You are on vacation you should be able to wear what you want. People come from different daily life styles and backgrounds ......I some wish to dress up every evening three cheers for you. Some may wish to wear a pair of jeans and a t- shirt , three cheers for you. As long as you are dressed and have reasonably polite table manors that is all that should matter.

Despite what some people think, cruise ship dining is not a 5 star venue with a Michelin Star chef.

How sexist: Men = sleeves long or short Women = sleeveless is ok. Calling my lawyer (sarcasm)

This seemingly double standard is rampant in many Caribbean and Mexican resorts where men are required to wear long pants at the resort’s a-la-Carte restaurants (but not the buffets) although most have no similar dress code for women. I remember one resort in Holguin, Cuba where the man was sent back to put on long pants while his female companion was allowed in wearing cheap-looking flip flops, the shortest short shorts and a tank top.

real simple...the sign on every restaurant door ....No shoes, No shirt, No service........beyond that who cares.... your holiday make what you will out of it.

What would happen if your luggage was lost and you have to board the ship as is.......your not entitled to enjoy what you paid your hard earned dollar paid for .......give me a break. Some will say then you can go to the buffet. I say if you don't like what I wear to dinner you go to the buffet. I am fine in my T-shirt and capris with flip flops....no make up or jewelry.......who cares.

real simple...the sign on every restaurant door ....No shoes, No shirt, No service........beyond that who cares.... your holiday make what you will out of it.

What would happen if your luggage was lost and you have to board the ship as is.......your not entitled to enjoy what you paid your hard earned dollar paid for .......give me a break. Some will say then you can go to the buffet. I say if you don't like what I wear to dinner you go to the buffet. I am fine in my T-shirt and capris with flip flops....no make up or jewelry.......who cares.

I can give a little insight. If luggage is lost and won't be replaced for a bit, they will give you some stuff from the stores. Worse case scenario we saw on one of our cruises. There was a gentleman whose luggage was lost and sat at the next table from us in the Dining Room. All he had was shorts, shirt, sneakers, etc. Real problem was that he was a very large man, in excess of 300 lbs and they did not have clothes on board the ship to fit him. He did get some clothes once we hit some ports and a certain amount of money was given to him by Celebrity for those clothes. Because of his size however clothes on the islands were limited. He was one of those people who when you hand him lemons, he makes lemonade. A lot more respect for him than a couple of ladies on the cruise who said they didn't care if his luggage was lost, he shouldn't be eating in Main Dining Room. As an aside this was many years ago, when the buffet was not open for dinner and there were no Specialty restaurants.

Only to confirm the original message. This is the dress code on Celebrity Eclipse November 26, 2017.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year

25508001_2008443299398464_679900297390930636_n.jpg?oh=3f736075a0951570a37a916c9d404aac&oe=5AB09DA5

I’m at a loss to understand why a nice short sleeved shirt is considered less smart than “a sweater”. Also, what constitutes “designer jeans”? Are they seriously specifying expensive designer makes when they may be of the ‘fashionably’ torn to shreds variety, rather than a very smart, but less expensive pair, from a less ‘designer’ range?

A lot more respect for him than a couple of ladies on the cruise who said they didn't care if his luggage was lost, he shouldn't be eating in Main Dining Room.

I don't understand that kind of mentality. I can only assume they have some kind of personality defect or mental health issue.

Just came off the Equinox the 23rd. The shirt question is quite simple. Shirts with sleeves means long or short sleeve, but no TANK TOPS which are sleeveless.

This thread is about the fact that the dress code published onboard some of the ships says that men have to wear long-sleeved shirts.

This thread is about the fact that the dress code published onboard some of the ships says that men have to wear long-sleeved shirts.

I have read this entire thread (I think I need to find something more important). The original post was complaining about the apparent change in the Rules. Men were apparently required to wear shirts with sleeves. I could see the assumption was "must wear LONG sleeves" which was not stated in the rules. Even short sleeved shirts have sleeves. So they are appropriate. What they are NOT saying in the rules, and could to be clear, shirts without sleeves will not be allowed. Tank Tops do not have sleeves, and I certainly would appreciate being protected from that site at a nice dinner setting. In fact, I don't even appreciate those hairy shoulders in the Cafe setting either.

I have read this entire thread (I think I need to find something more important). The original post was complaining about the apparent change in the Rules. Men were apparently required to wear shirts with sleeves. I could see the assumption was "must wear LONG sleeves" which was not stated in the rules. Even short sleeved shirts have sleeves. So they are appropriate. What they are NOT saying in the rules, and could to be clear, shirts without sleeves will not be allowed. Tank Tops do not have sleeves, and I certainly would appreciate being protected from that site at a nice dinner setting. In fact, I don't even appreciate those hairy shoulders in the Cafe setting either.

No, that is not what is being discussed. The thread is clearly about the change in language that some ships are now posting in the dailies once on board.

"Men's fashion: Pants or designer jeans with a long sleeve shirt, button-down shirt or sweater"

See this specific post for an example picture of the language being communicated onboard a ship:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=54800472&postcount=51

No one is arguing about sleeves versus sleeveless.

We pack IAW what is suggested on Celebrity's website and not what someone has posted one CC. If the ship we are sailing suggests something different than what we packed, oh well...not our problem or concern.

I wouldn't base any decision on what I read on the Celebrity web site.....

Celebrity Equinox 12/23-30 encouraged a dress code on evening chic nights but no one was turned away regardless of their attire. Hawaiian shirts, golf shirts, casual collarless tops, jeans were all worn on evening chic nights.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Have to say, newbies to Celebrity looking for advice on here regarding dress codes really do have my sympathy!

I'll second that!

Way back when I first starting reading the Celebrity threads after I had booked my first Celebrity cruise. After reading some of the dress codes threads I was :eek: ed and thought to myself "What the Frig" did I sign up for! Luckily the people we met on the actual cruise were great and didn't care if someone else wore long sleeves, short sleeve, a tie or no tie, a jacket of no jacket etc., etc. No-one even complained that my son, who was a month shy of his eighteenth birthday, frequented the Solarium during the cruise.