Dress code being changed without any notice

thon

I have finally able been able to read the website and I am more confused than before.

I will ask my English professor spouse to interpret the dress code for men. Right now I am going to bring a dark suit, a dress shirt and a neck tie.

c - that is, IMO, the way to do it. I wear mine on the way to the ship so no packing is involved, for the most part. Then I Am covered for the duration of the sailing....

Pending on time of year we sail, I will pack my Tux, as wearing it to the ship would not evoke sailings of yore that possibly very very few people could remember.. LOL

bon voyage

Only to confirm the original message. This is the dress code on Celebrity Eclipse November 26, 2017.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year

25508001_2008443299398464_679900297390930636_n.jpg?oh=3f736075a0951570a37a916c9d404aac&oe=5AB09DA5

A "sport shirt" has short sleeves in the majority of instances.

A "dress shirt" can have long sleeves, which are predominant, and short sleeves.

A long sleeve shirt OR a button-down shirt?

I think this is a language issue, possibly. Or a ham-handed attempt to placate whining pax.

Many Caribbean places if you dress with a Guayabera short sleeve it 's formal, will Celebrity admit me in the MDR Evening Chic?

My magic 8 Ball says; " yes". On our last Celebrity cruise on the Infinity September 2017 we decided for the first time in many cruises not to take formal wear. I wore dockers and a golf/polo style shirts every evening in the MDR. The only comments the staff standing at the entrance for the MDR (Select Dining) was "welcome back and enjoy your meal".

Edited by davekathy

Not shooting the messenger but not buying it! Call again and talk with another Captain Club rep. and don't be shocked if you get a different answer. I'll be wearing golf/polo style shirts in the MDR in the evening except on evening chic.

The way I read the OPs post, long sleeves is being required for chic nights only. So a collared polo shirt would be acceptable.

I have no idea why long sleeve collared short for chic night in the restaurants is such a big thing. I also fail to understand what would the OP want as "acceptable" notice? As long as it's posted before you leave on your cruise...you've been notified.

A "sport shirt" has short sleeves in the majority of instances.

A "dress shirt" can have long sleeves, which are predominant, and short sleeves.

A long sleeve shirt OR a button-down shirt?

I think this is a language issue, possibly. Or a ham-handed attempt to placate whining pax.

My DH has lots of long sleeve sport shirts. He also has short sleeve sport shirts.

His dress shirts are long sleeve, but short sleeve dress shirts do exist.

A long sleeve OR button down doesn't make any sense to me, either! Where's the connection?

We just got off of the Reflection a few days ago.

This is my observation.

On Chic night, I saw men wearing polo shirts, short sleeve collared shirts and Hawaiian shirts, it appears tat it does not make a difference as long as you wear long pants, I saw several guys turned away wearing short pants.

Many Caribbean places if you dress with a Guayabera short sleeve it 's formal, will Celebrity admit me in the MDR Evening Chic?

Yes. My husband and son wore Guayaberas on chic night last month. There were others dressed similarly.

The note in the Daily doesn't match the sign at the entrance to the dining room or the dress code on the Celebrity website.

Years ago on Carnival we used to laugh that a clean Bowling shirt was formal attire! Personally I really do not care; short sleeves or long sleeves...I just do not want to sit across from a man in a tank top with arm pit hair sticking out all over!

Years ago on Carnival we used to laugh that a clean Bowling shirt was formal attire! Personally I really do not care; short sleeves or long sleeves...I just do not want to sit across from a man in a tank top with arm pit hair sticking out all over!

OIC you met my older brother from So CA. :eek:

Now you'll never be able to get the look out of your mind. LOL

lol

I am not even aware of any pockets on DH's shirts.

I will have to look and see!

Actually, when I was younger, I often shopped wholesale at factories and if I recall correctly, the guys there usually had pens in shirt pockets. But that was a long long time ago and it may be my imagination!