Dress code being changed without any notice

thon

I always remember that rules/laws are always made, but enforcing them is entirely subjective to ship, time, person in charge and luck! OP...you will be just fine, unless Celebrity decides to place a fine on anyone it feels is breaking the rule! Hahahaha!

Enjoy your cruise!

With the number of historical complaints you've made about chic night, my guess would be, errrr, You! :D :D :D

There's a difference between comments and complaints.

Personally, I don't care what anyone else wears, it's their problem not mine but I do care that new cruisers get the facts.

Since no one on any celebrity ship actually enforces any dress code, this is only an academic discussion. Folks will continue to wear what they want....and no celebrity employee will tell them they aren’t welcome in whatever dining room they go to.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Not sure what ship/line you're referring to. Every night on Eclipse we saw the Maître D turn away slovenly dressed pax. I mean really, at night shorts & T shirt are fine for a trailer trash jamboree, but not for a line that advertises "Modern Luxury! Is it too hard to have a nice pair of slacks(Khakis & the like)decent collared shirt(long or short sleeve)nice pair of shoes. Dress down during the day is fine & expected, but at night a little proper decorum should be the rule. If not, then those pax should choose a more casual line.

Ladies!

Don't you think the dress code is a man's issue?

I don't know about you, but I wear just about the same thing as I used to on formal night.

My DH, however, doesn't wear a tux, suit or even a jacket anymore.

He happens to have a lot of nice sweaters!

As to sleeve length...it is rather cool in the MDR. If a man isn't wearing a jacket or a sweater, I think he will be more comfortable in long sleeves.

Ladies!

I don't know about you' date=' but I wear just about the same thing as I used to on formal night.

[b']As to sleeve length...it is rather cool in the MDR. If a man isn't wearing a jacket or a sweater, I think he will be more comfortable in long sleeves[/b].

Not this man. :rolleyes:

You’d think they were asking men to sit down so they can pull all your teeth before eating. My G** all they’re asking for is a nice shirt! Doesn’t even have to be clean!

You wear your dirty long sleeve shirt. I'll wear my clean and pressed short sleeve shirt while enjoying my meal with all my teeth. :evilsmile:

Yep, you sure do. According to your absurd logic a filthy long sleeved shirt is OK a sharp clean short sleeved shirt is not acceptable. Back to your trike.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Forums mobile app

I may be a homely old biker but I do like to clean up on occasion. I can read directions though and have never been refused seating due to inappropriate dress. You?

Since no one on any celebrity ship actually enforces any dress code, this is only an academic discussion. Folks will continue to wear what they want....and no celebrity employee will tell them they aren’t welcome in whatever dining room they go to.

We just got back from the Reflection 12/8/ and were in Blu. A man wearing shorts was turned away and told to put his big boy pants on if he wanted to enter, so he did. We were very happy to see this happen.

Ladies!

I don't know about you' date=' but I wear just about the same thing as I used to on formal night.

As to sleeve length...it is rather cool in the MDR. If a man isn't wearing a jacket or a sweater, I think he will be more comfortable in long sleeves.[/quote']

You obviously have never met someone like my husband. He wears short sleeved shirts and shorts all year round, and owns a couple of pairs of long pants and a suit jacket for weddings, funerals and cruises. If he has to wear a long sleeved shirt, those sleeves would be rolled up in a flash and would not look nearly as nice as his neat short sleeved ones.

I have finally able been able to read the website and I am more confused than before.

I will ask my English professor spouse to interpret the dress code for men. Right now I am going to bring a dark suit, a dress shirt and a neck tie.

Edited by cruise47