Our collector cruise on Koningsdam Nov 29-Dec 20th

canadianbear

I see they took the cover door off the mini fridge compartment in the suite.

We complained via survey and comment card the heat buildup behind the cover door was a fire issue. Who knew a small fridge could pump out so much heat.

Suite people have to know the Jacuzzi tub is narrower at the bottom than those on the Vista class ships and yes the shower stall was designed and built by an Italian midget!! I had to back out twice when I dropped my facecloth!!

Great pictures that bring back fond memories

Thank You

Bob

For those that will be going on the ship soon I'm pretty sure you will enjoy it. It took me a couple of days to decide but there was more I liked than disliked.

A few more photos. (Sorry if posting too many but I love when people post photos)

NEVER too many photos! Keep them coming! We board on Jan.14 for a 21 day cruise. Your review and photos are making us even more excited...if that's possible...to be escaping sub zero weather!

I see they took the cover door off the mini fridge compartment in the suite.

We complained via survey and comment card the heat buildup behind the cover door was a fire issue. Who knew a small fridge could pump out so much heat.

Suite people have to know the Jacuzzi tub is narrower at the bottom than those on the Vista class ships and yes the shower stall was designed and built by an Italian midget!! I had to back out twice when I dropped my facecloth!!

Great pictures that bring back fond memories

Thank You

Bob

Glad you made them aware about the heat from the fridge. We actually had a scare on the ship with a fire on deck 3 in the cold room one day. (walk in fridge alarm) I believe it ended up being electrical and the Captain kept us all updated. We all breathed a sigh of relief when it was under control.

And yes, that shower stall is not designed in the Signature suite for a tall or large person. We were surprised when we saw a much larger shower in the balcony cabin of friends we met.

Glad the photos brought back fond memories!

great review. I guess they decorated for Christmas after first part of your collector cruise. Too bad you didn't get to snorkel Curacao, too---almost as good as Bonaire.

Yes, I think they started decorating around the 12th. Not as much as I expected unless they did more after we got off too.

I've snorkelled Curaçao before but had hoped my husband could experience it. Just means we have to go back again-which is fine by me!

We enjoyed the bus tour around Curaçao though and we were glad the rain stopped. It was pretty torrential early in the morning.

For those that may book a guarantee Neptune on the Koningsdam beware-people we met on the cruise showed us their cabin, 10006 spa Neptune. The wife was very upset as it's a bit different design and the balcony is VERY small. She commented on lack of drawers and closet space.

The balcony barely held room for a table and 2 chairs. They complained so the staff opened the partition (was told that area was supposed to be for staff only?) but it banged so much they told them to lock it closed again. I'm sorry I didn't get photos. I would not have been pleased with that Neptune either to be honest unless it was a smoking deal.

They looked at our Signature suite and would have preferred that. Our balcony I think was 3X the size of theirs.

They could not change suites as no room. At least it wasn't for 21 days-they were just on for the 11.