Live Mid-Cruise report from Silhouette 12/24 Cruise

cruisewmn

Midway through our holiday cruise and happy to report that the Silhouette ship and crew are simply fantastic. The ship is beautifully decorated for the holidays and well maintained. Carpet looks fresh, no wear and tear to be seen, balcony railings freshly finished. It looks like a new ship.

The crew has been terrific. Friendly and professional. We're in a suite and are thrilled with our butler, Dragos. He's by far the best butler we've met on any of our cruises. I have severe food allergies and he's gone out of his way to make sure I have snacks and meals that are not only safe, but delicious.

We are really enjoying Shaun Brown and the Badness - great blues/R&B band. 80's night last night was also a lot of fun. We're not really into shows, but there is so much entertainment on board that we've kept busy.

Most of our dinners have been in specialty restaurants. High marks all around. Lunches at The Porch have been outstanding. The Branzino is superb. Celebrity handles food allergies amazingly well. The food is safe AND flavorful -- a rare combination. Only Disney rivals Celebrity in creating great allergy friendly cuisine. It's so nice to go out and dine without fear and still truly enjoy your meal.

We've sailed on Celebrity many times and were a little worried that it wouldn't feel "fresh" and wouldn't live up to our memories/expectations. The opposite is true. This cruise has exceeded our expectations.

If you're looking at sailing on the Silhouette, you should have a great cruise!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Also should add:

the wifi has been fast, even while using a VPN.

Alcoves are great and worth the expense. Champagne now included in the at-sea day rate [emoji2]

Officers are out and about meeting guests. Very visible and approachable. Crew in general is smiling, happy, and kind. What more could you ask for!

Hello CruiseWmn and thank you for posting. Glad you are enjoying your holiday and your cruise. Since you are in a suite, can you comment on Michael's and the service, flexibility of beverages, and the concierge? Also, any thoughts about your cabin? Your perception of its' size, spaciousness, storage, bathroom, etc.... would be appreciated.

Scanditaly

If possible could you please advise or attach a copy of the Celebrity Today/Spotlight that showcases the senior officers and staff?

Thank you.

Already posted by algabralovr from last weeks sailing. A quick search and you’ll have it. They also posted a good review of the cruise.

We saw your ship while in Key West!

Midway through our holiday cruise and happy to report that the Silhouette ship and crew are simply fantastic. The ship is beautifully decorated for the holidays and well maintained. Carpet looks fresh, no wear and tear to be seen, balcony railings freshly finished. It looks like a new ship.

The crew has been terrific. Friendly and professional. We're in a suite and are thrilled with our butler, Dragos. He's by far the best butler we've met on any of our cruises. I have severe food allergies and he's gone out of his way to make sure I have snacks and meals that are not only safe, but delicious.

We are really enjoying Shaun Brown and the Badness - great blues/R&B band. 80's night last night was also a lot of fun. We're not really into shows, but there is so much entertainment on board that we've kept busy.

Most of our dinners have been in specialty restaurants. High marks all around. Lunches at The Porch have been outstanding. The Branzino is superb. Celebrity handles food allergies amazingly well. The food is safe AND flavorful -- a rare combination. Only Disney rivals Celebrity in creating great allergy friendly cuisine. It's so nice to go out and dine without fear and still truly enjoy your meal.

We've sailed on Celebrity many times and were a little worried that it wouldn't feel "fresh" and wouldn't live up to our memories/expectations. The opposite is true. This cruise has exceeded our expectations.

Already posted by algabralovr from last weeks sailing. A quick search and you’ll have it. They also posted a good review of the cruise.

Thanks. I did see that thread from algabralovr.

Just wondering if there were any changes this week.

Hello CruiseWmn and thank you for posting. Glad you are enjoying your holiday and your cruise. Since you are in a suite, can you comment on Michael's and the service, flexibility of beverages, and the concierge? Also, any thoughts about your cabin? Your perception of its' size, spaciousness, storage, bathroom, etc.... would be appreciated.

Scanditaly

Having stayed in all S-Class categories except for the Celebrity Suite, I can say that all have provided excellent storage and spaciousness. We tend to book RS level suites because we have an adult son who often travels with us. The extra half bath in the RS is a plus, but closet space in all categories of suite have been sufficient.

Scanditaly

In regards to Michael's Club and the concierge, we used shoreside concierge (Carrie for the Silhouette) to prebook all of our specialty dining and in room beverage requests. Carrie was fantastic and everything was in place when we boarded the ship.

Niko in Michael's Club has been attentive, however, we prebooked almost everything. We tend to only go to Michael's Club for coffee/tea/ or the occasional cocktail. The staff would provide more services, we just don't require them.

Thank you so much because we're sailing on the Silhouette on March 25.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Enjoying your report, we sail February 25. If you get a chance can you ask if Niko will still be on board. She was the MC Concierge on our Silhouette cruise last December. Thanks.

Niko should be on until May. We sailed with her once again this past November - she's the best!

Enjoying your report, we sail February 25. If you get a chance can you ask if Niko will still be on board. She was the MC Concierge on our Silhouette cruise last December. Thanks.

I asked her tonight. She'll be on board at least until the end of May [emoji2]